It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Fox News Story about GE Proves All News is Heavily Edited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Fox News host was discussing the story of General Electric not paying any taxes in 2010 and seems to make a few erroneous statements that resulted in the segment being cut midway. Somehow, this footage accidentally got leaked on the Internet. At the very least, it shows that news segments on Fox News (and other news networks) are heavily edited to drive a particular agenda, as they see fit.

More details HERE

Its amazing once they started losing the attempted argument someone was quick to cut it off and redo it so that it turned out better for them and they had time to prepare responses.

I didn't realize that fox news, or even all news shows arguments are as scripted as the jersey shore.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Reply to post by Pha3drus

I have had several friends over the years in broadcasting. Just about everything that we see is rehearsed to one extent or another.

Like an improv troupe rehearsing set bits and scenarios. Sure, it seems live and in many ways it is but in just as many ways it isn't.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You are surprised why? This aspect has long been suspected of them that was confirmed years ago.

CNN takes care of the wealthy, MSNBC caters to the left/Dems and Fox caters to the right/GOP!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Pha3drus

I hate to be the first to say it but, "NO DOY"

Virtually everything on the boob tube is opinionated, controlled,rehearsed propaganda with the intent of selling you BS.

It really is a conspiracy and such a shame.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ya it's sad when you turn on the t.v. to find out whats going on in the world and their talking about Charlie Sheen. Ever notice how main stream news referred to Iran's nuclear program as Irans nuclear weapons program? The news always has an agenda because theirs money in the news, and where theirs money theirs an agenda.
And notice how all the news companies cover the exact same thing? All of them? All of the time?

all the best,
Jacob
edit on 3-4-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
We might have a completely electronic media now a days, but I find it interesting that even in the 1700's even our founding fathers had a distaste for the news
"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
Thomas Jefferson

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
they werent losing anything there this is nothing new here.

the facts here are ge paid no taxes that was the point of their arguement and this is a key issue is the fact ge is in bed with the government and obama so that makes it a news story.

all the msm media tells the news from each of their own perspectives cnn does it from the left msnbc does it from the right and when it came to the ge story only 1 out of all those networks deemed it newsworthy.

i dont see a problem with it they had the facts the only issue was with their presentation from both right and left perspectives

you people just want to hate on one network for what they all do....................................whatever same old tune nothing new just a different day

meh

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
Ya it's sad when you turn on the t.v. to find out whats going on in the world and their talking about Charlie Sheen. Ever notice how main stream news referred to Iran's nuclear program as Irans nuclear weapons program? The news always has an agenda because theirs money in the news, and where theirs money theirs an agenda

all the best,
Jacob

You gotta realize the "over the free airwaves" caters to the dumb and dumber crowd that can't or won't use a computer, nor cellphone with internet. They depend on these types to buy the crap they advertise. Call now within 10 minutes and we'll DOUBLE the offer! But wait, there's more!!!!!!
edit on 3-4-2011 by NightFlight because: posted in wrong area

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by Pha3drus

I have had several friends over the years in broadcasting. Just about everything that we see is rehearsed to one extent or another.

Like an improv troupe rehearsing set bits and scenarios. Sure, it seems live and in many ways it is but in just as many ways it isn't.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Have you seen September clues? I'd love to know what your friends working in broadcasting think of it.
edit on 3-4-2011 by Pha3drus because: typo

new topics

top topics

join