It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul The First Heretic

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

You can find the teachings of christ in many other religions as well. Some believe he learned the path in his travels through india, and tibet. Budda(s) taught the same thing...So did Krishna er whatever they call them.

Why do you associate yourself with Christ over any other "label"?

Not saying your a CHRISTian, but you're preaching "CHRIST" which is of the CHRISTIAN doctrine. Why not BHUDDA, why not KRISHNA, why not ODYSSEUS, why not ROMULUS? why not ZOROASTER?

Why do you have to give it a name?

I mean, i really shouldn't have a name for my Atheism.

I don't have a name for my lack of belief in fairies, or infinty, or unicorns...It doesn't need a name, and i don't think i should have one for my lack of belief in other "myths".

I don't... i've said i follow his teachings...becayse they're truth... im Not christian...

i don't label myself.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Just lack of understanding of the passage you're refering to....

You know of the passage i talk, then please explain the one i'm referring to. Correct my shortcomings, for the benefit of everyone else.

I'm sure you know which one i mean as you claim i've misunderstood it.

Would appreciate that,

Thanks.

You've read the bible? And you trust it? Well not all of it, just the Jesus part? That's telling...

edit on 9/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Do you want the long explaination or the sum up?

this is your passage...

25 And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,

26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Read the whole chapter to understand it better.... It means don't seek the ways of the flesh...seek the ways of the spirit within.

When Jesus say's "take up your cross" do you think he means you should carry a cross?

It means sacrifice the needs of the flesh... Don't be greedy, don't be selfish, don't Hate, give freely without expectation. Treat others as you would like to be treated, regardless of how they treat you.

This is the way of the spirit...and of God.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Are you asking a question here my old friend? Cause if you are.....you know where to go to find an answer

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Akragon

Are you asking a question here my old friend? Cause if you are.....you know where to go to find an answer

apparently im giving a lecture actually lol

No worries my friend, i have no questions about this subject

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Watch me raise the dead

Topic that is..

Paul says:

Rom.14
[9] For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

Jesus says:

Luke.20
[38] Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living;

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

2 Peter 3:16

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by Akragon

Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

2 Peter 3:16

69Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.

70But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.

71And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.

72And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.

73And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.

74Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.

75And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And yet Jesus spoke to him first and told him to feed His sheep. And yet he was received the Holy Spirit.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

And yet Jesus spoke to him first and told him to feed His sheep. And yet he was received the Holy Spirit.

There are people that are not sheep... by they way...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Not all people are His sheep and not all will be saved.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I didn't say his sheep...

There are MANY flocks... but he knows his own.

And there are more then just sheep in a flock

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Corinthians 1, was one of the readings at my church this morning. I like Paul, I don't understand why people take such exception to him...unless it is because he refused to take sides.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by 547000

And there are more then just sheep in a flock

Yes, those are called the wolves in sheeps clothing, and there are tares amongst the wheat.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin
Corinthians 1, was one of the readings at my church this morning. I like Paul, I don't understand why people take such exception to him...unless it is because he refused to take sides.

The religious hypocrites hate him because he attacks and destroys their idol of religion. The unsaved hate him because of his gospel, which is actually them hating Christ Jesus.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Not all people are His sheep and not all will be saved.

Yes, people forget the seed of the serpent/shining one.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Biliverdin

The religious hypocrites hate him because he attacks and destroys their idol of religion. The unsaved hate him because of his gospel, which is actually them hating Christ Jesus.

Ahh...so they hate him because he actually practised what he preached. I can see why some would find that so threatening. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

My church is this one.

That being the case, you really should have no business playing with the fraud of dispensationalism.
This would be a conflicting view unless your pastor has given up on traditional Pentecostalism.
edit on 5-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Paul was being led by the Holy Spirit. I challenge you to walk 16 miles a day for 2000 miles or more, often times shivering in the cold snow at night sleeping on the ground and getting sick, more often wet than not and not getting much sleep till the day you have your head struck from your shoulders. When you can do that, then you have the right to criticize Paul.

Not to mention the 5 times he was given the 39 lashes, ship wrecked 3 times, imprisoned 3 times and stoned once and then bit by an asp. Anyone else woulda just said "F*** this" and went his own way.
edit on 5-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yes many of these people went through various trying days in their lives for their beliefs... for that i admire each and every one of them!

But the same holds true about thousands of people...

The issue is the evidence shows paul "hijacked" the religion, and made it his own...

The proof is in the fact that many "christians" attempt to counter the words if Jesus with pauls... And there is nothing that paul taught that is relevant, that Jesus didn't already cover... Paul added his own "spice" to Jesus' words...

edit on 6-2-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join