It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from the former sovereign Republic of Ireland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Been lurking here for a while and have no idea why it took me so long to join up. As you can tell from my subject line, I'm Irish and extremely disillusioned with my country, those "elected" criminals who have sold us out to the EUSSR and the global banking scum.

Don't worry though... I'm not an angry conspiracy nut! Just someone hoping to help awaken a sheep or two and arm myself with as much info as possible so I can at least try and stay one step ahead of the herd and keep my family safe.

So that's that....

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfetone

Welcome.

I feel your pain brother - IMF and EU owns us too.
And our government doesn't work in our interests.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by archasama

The illusion of democracy..... got to love it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, I'm sure you will many like minded friends here Cheers and welcome aboard! Coco

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Welcome on board. Unfortunately any member country of the E.U is a prisoner of the system and every country's sovereignty has been lost.

The way Ireland has been treated because they voted No in the first referendum demonstrates the full power of the E.U. You have been made an example of and every country has been warned that to stand up to the unelected European Government they will end up like your once proud country. Peace.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Welcome ATS hope you bring the Luck Of The Irish with you. Then again - the way things are going MMMmmm

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Dia duit a chara ! Failte go ATS.

Nice to have another local here !

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Irish here too. I've gone from being mainly pro-European to fairly anti over the way things have gone recently, as have many people in the country I'm sure. One things for certain, there'll be no EU treaties passed here for a good long while, people will have long memories of this, and if you look at what was promised in the second Lisbon vote, no of it was true, in fact it would seem the opposite has happened. Instead of the promised jobs we have an unemployment rate of nearly 15% and rising and the return of emigration. Now maybe some of that can be put down to the global recession and how our economy was handled. But we were promised our tax rates wouldn't be touched, yet Merkel and Sarkozy in particular continually beating the drum and trying to force us to raise corporation tax, despite the fact that the real French rate is lower than Irelands at ~8%. Instead of the winning friends in Europe, we're largely shunned. Indeed, Luxembourg PM Juncker has said its not right the way some governments seem to be enjoying 'torturing' Ireland.

I have to say, I'm very disappointed with FG and Michael Noonan. I voted for them partly on the basis of the fact that they would take a tough line with Europe, insisting on burden sharing and getting a better deal, but they've just capitulated. We can't afford to pay off these loans, and getting ourselves into more and more debt is lunacy, and just condemns us to further misery.

We have the power to basically bring down the Euro if we wanted, which would mean a lot of pain for ourselves too, but the way things are going it won't be too long before thats the better option. Noonan should have played hardball with them, instead he continued Fianna Fails policy of being good little Europeans, which has got us nowhere.
The only good thing that has come of it is the destruction of Fianna Fail, but like you I'm becoming more and more disillusioned every day.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Greetings and welcome.

We're all up the creek with no paddles. National frontiers are also an Illusion , as TPTB are controlling everyone anyway,regardless of which nation we live in.

Look forward to reading your posts

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MortlitantiFMMJ

I think I'm past disillusioned at this stage. It was fairly obvious for a while that the party of Peter Sutherland and Alan Dukes would swing into power and what have been their major achievements so far? Rubber stamping the sale of our national forests and giving the Corib pipeline the thumbs up. Oh yeah.... and giving the banks another 20+ billion (while at the same time my own bank calls me and sends me letters for owning them a hundred euros).

The fact that Lisbon 2 was forced upon the Irish people shows that the right to vote that good and honest men and women of this country shed blood for is no longer important. We pay license fees to be fed Dail Eireann press releases by the likes of Brian Dobson and Sharon Ni Whatshername and the people here consider the likes of Pat Kenny to be someone who will fight for the little man and tell the truth.

(about 1:30 into the vid) This shows just how free our free press is.

You're right though. We have the power to take down the euro and Jim Corr makes some pretty interesting points on what defaulting on our debt would do as well as what leaving Europe would do for us. The problem is that everyone here is more concerned about their own corner and we've become a nation of barstool politicians. Where, I ask you, are my generations Wolfe Tones, Parnells, Pearses or Collins. What would Big Jim Larkin have done when the government send in the police to kick striking workers out of the Thomas Cook offices in Dublin.

I'm no leader, but I am doing my bit in trying help spread an alternative view to the people I meet. It saddens me that more people are worried about which chav is going to be eliminated from the X Factor than the fact that their country is being stripped of all its assets and bled dry. We are told we need to trust in our politicians and prepare for some tough times but when the head of the Garda Representative Association (GRA) accuses the government of treason and nothing is done about it you really do start to wonder just how much power these guys have.

Romantic Ireland is dead and gone.... tis with O'Leary, in the grave

edit on 3-4-2011 by Wolfetone because: typo

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TiocfaidhArLa

tá failte romhat a chara

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Ahhh nice to to see another irish man here, it will be hard to wake up the rest of the irish population because they wont budge from the pubs, or from in front of some idiotic tv show, more people in ireland voted for shows like the xfactor than voted during the election honest, its hard to belive how brain washed the irish are

top topics

join