It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.1-magnitude quake strikes off Indonesian island, tsunami warning issued

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov... well it is no 7, but will a six count earthquake.usgs.gov... shake, rattle and roll, when is the Cal'y one to have hit?????

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

I wonder too. Because I seem to get wierd right before earthquales too. Two days before the Japan earthquake, I started feeling a surge of pent up energy arising, and the hum I usually hear got louder. On another site, I blogged on the tenth of March, sort of just excitedly writing to vent, and started writing about the myth of Atlantis, and proposing the idea that whether or not that story actually happened, retelling it through the ages could keep it inscribed in the colelctive consciousness, and make it happen in the future. I wrote specifically about earthquakes, tsunamis and technological disasters!
I'm kinda bummed now because a week later, the site got hacked into, and all the blogging system was lost, so I have no proof now except the people on the site who happened to read it.

But I started getting the same feeling three days ago, and though I am not one to want to stir up people and claim to be predicting anything, I blogged yesterday that I just felt something was going to happen- I was feeling the earth bringing up pressure to be released.

So last night and just after midnight, two earthquakes happened in the country I live in (France), which is unsual!

Mercalli scale: 1
Date-Time [UTC]: 04 April, 2011 at 01:41:22 UTC
Local Date/Time: Monday, April 04, 2011 at 01:41 at night at epicenter
Depth: 2 km (1.24 miles)
Region: Europe
Distances: 1.56 km (0.97 miles) of Meret,

Mercalli scale: 1
Date-Time [UTC]: 03 April, 2011 at 05:35:48 UTC
Local Date/Time: Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 05:35 at night at epicenter
Depth: 2 km (1.24 miles)
Region: Europe
Distances: 0.37 km (0.23 miles) of Escot,

They are not big, but like I said, it is unusual here.
Also, a big wave hit in the north, hitting a surfing school, and one 16 year old boy was washed out to sea and his body has not been recovered. This is relevant to me because the day before we were talkign about letting our 16 year old go there for a week in this surf school!

I don't say I believe we have the capability to feel such things, but I am becoming very open to the possibility that some might just be sensitive to them.....

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast

Originally posted by scoobyrob
there seems to be a lot of activity around the pacific ring of fire lately, i know its always active, but this many high mag quakes???

that's where my brain goes.
our earth has always been active. period. but it's the magnitudes that are taking me a back.
is anyone aware of research that has looked at the increased rise in quake magnitude over the last 50 years or so?

It's kind of how it works tho.

The stress of the plates gnawing at each other, for so long with no extreme violence can only mean one thing - Eventually when they slip it will result in MAJOR violence.

It's not new. It has happened in the past and will continue to happen long after we're extinct.

Think about it, the tectonic plates are not stable while there are long periods of small tremors or insignificant damage - they are building. The way the planet works is not smooth, it is volatile, and it doesn't happen over night. It's a slow process.

So eventually, the structural integrity of a long considered stable land along plate lines, will end up in catastrophe.

Mountains on these lines, indeed entire land masses, are not created from small movements, but violent conflict earlier on in history.

Take a good look at the tectonic plate imagery from almost all the recent earthquakes.. All along lines where plates conflict.

All in the ocean - they were made by these events in the first place. MASSIVELY larger than what we are seeing now.

Japan, New Zealand - etc, were made by these events in the past. Pushed up into existence by the very same forces that now attack them.

Most definitely more is to come in these regions. And the earth has no mercy when it comes to releasing pressure within itself.

edit on 4/4/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

edit on 4-4-2011 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
It will be interesting if another comes in the next few days.... much like Japan and the initial small (but still large) quake before the big one....

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LikeDuhObviously

Ninety percent of Earthquakes aren't 6.0s and higher though. 6.0–6.9 earthquakes account for less than one percent of earthquakes annually. One percent of earthquakes annually are 6.0 and higher.

I should clarify my statement from earlier further. It wasn't just an earthquake in general that was said would happen, but a sizable one. Not to mention that he said Indonesia and not just "somewhere along the ring of fire." Considering this, an outright dismissal is unwarranted, in my opinion.
edit on 4/4/2011 by octotom because: Added text.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

But is it possible that the human body and it's workings can detect changes with the Earth prior to an earthquake?
reply to post by IamAbeliever

I think yes, it's possible, of course it's possible!! We are, after all, part of the animal kingdom - and it's well known that everything from bees to birds to bears, including our own domesticated pals, can tell when something's up.

I live in tornado alley, and at least several times every year there are warnings, green-black skies...etc. What really drove home the non-human species' ability to sense changes was when my horses literally insisted, and the alpha mare herded ME to safety when a huge tornado was heading right for our place.

So, watch the critters with whom you are bonded - if they're grazing or dozing or playing while the creepy sirens are blaring, you're probably ok. When they start warning you and trying to get your attention -
BELIEVE THEM!!

Just because we are out of touch with what our bodily signals tell us, doesn't mean they (the signals) aren't there. I'd like to know what you noticed within yourself?

For example, I - and many people I know - can "feel" when a front is moving in, when the barometric pressure is lowering. Not just from aches and pains in the joints, but also with lethargy, fatigue, etc.

Uncomfortable, yes, but certainly helpful.

Oh, and just for kicks I'll add this in: A local meteorologist in my city was speaking to a group of people, and pointed out that almost all National Weather Service centers have...you ready??....

NO WINDOWS!!!!

edit on 4-4-2011 by wildtimes because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I get PVCs, preventricular contractions, usually the day before these large earthquakes, almost as if something electromagnetic disrupts the conduction in my heart. Again, it's just a theory and that's why if it happens again I will post a thread so there is a written record of it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join