It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.1-magnitude quake strikes off Indonesian island, tsunami warning issued

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

7.1-magnitude quake strikes off Indonesian island, tsunami warning issued

channel6newsonline.com

JAKARTA (BNO NEWS) -- A powerful earthquake struck off the Indonesian island of Java on early Monday morning, seismologists said, prompting a tsunami warning for some local regions.

The 7.1-magnitude earthquake at 3.06 a.m. local time (2006 GMT Sunday) was centered about 279 kilometers (173 miles) south-southwest of Tasikmalaya on Java. It struck about 10 kilometers (6.2 miles) deep, making it a shallow earthquake, according to Indonesia's seismological agency.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Depending on how far out, this could cause some damage.

However, "Authorities in Indonesia immediately issued a tsunami warning for some coastal areas, while the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said there was no threat of a Pacific-wide tsunami." Which is unlike we saw off the coast of Japan, thankfully.

Hopefully this isn't a pre-shock.

What in the world in going on?...

channel6newsonline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
there seems to be a lot of activity around the pacific ring of fire lately, i know its always active, but this many high mag quakes???

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It was actually a 6.7 and 24km deep.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So far it looks like 6.7...Hope that's it.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Type: Earthquake
20 minutes ago
Magnitude: 6.7
DateTime: Sunday April 3 2011, 20:06:42 UTC
Region: south of Java, Indonesia
Depth: 24 km

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This is somewhat interesting. I was listening to a Coast to Coast from last week yesterday and Stan Deyo was being interviewed. As I remember, he said that be believed that based on the information that he looks at, he thought that there would probably be an earthquake in Indonesia, which would then be followed in the not too distant future by "the big one" in the Cascadia Subduction Zone.

We'll have to keep our eyes peeled and see what happens.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Someone just the other day displayed an illuminati card showing Indonesia having an earthquake. Sorry don't know who but if you do a search!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
While this is rather interessting, I don't see this earthquake being seen as the BIG ONE that some are expecting to hit soon.

But...

I remember before the big Japan quake, there were some decent foreshocks going on before hand,

so definitely I will be keeping an eye out on all this.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
This is somewhat interesting. I was listening to a Coast to Coast from last week yesterday and Stan Deyo was being interviewed. As I remember, he said that be believed that based on the information that he looks at, he thought that there would probably be an earthquake in Indonesia, which would then be followed in the not too distant future by "the big one" in the Cascadia Subduction Zone.

We'll have to keep our eyes peeled and see what happens.

Here I sit in that Cascadia Subduction Zone.... I hope it hits hard and fast.... I'M READY!!!!

Well not really! What choice do I have though? When it's my time to leave this existance for whatever is waiting for me on the other side what choice do I really have?

I'm not giving up or trying to find a hole to hide my head in but I;m just trying to be realistic to the possibality of a catyclismic event in my region. Do you think that the people living on the coat of Japan 5 weeks ago knew the chances of a tsunami? I'll bet they did and just kept on living life like always up to the end.

We have no way to controll a natural disaster of biblical perportions....
I just hope I have time to grab my kayak and ride the wave through the Pearly Gates!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ok, I normally take predictions of any kind with a grain of salt. But is it possible that the human body and it's workings can detect changes with the Earth prior to an earthquake?

The day prior to the most recent NZ earthquake, the day before the Japan earthquake, and now just yesterday I have noticed something peculiar with myself. If it happens again I will post a thread just so there is record of it.

Again, I am not saying I can predict the future, so you will hear no "run for the hills" gibberish out of me. It's just a question I had regarding possible changes prior to an earthquake affecting the human body.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I am not seeing this quake on my usual source for some reason.
Not saying you are making it up of course,just weird I usually see good info here:

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Well then. I would like for you to give us a heads up when in fact you do have these uneasy feelings. Maybe your on to something here. I however will not take it all to seriously until you post your thread the day beforehand as you state you will in your reply. Of course you understand

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Magnitude 6.7 Date-Time * Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 20:06:42 UTC * Monday, April 04, 2011 at 03:06:42 AM at epicenter * Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones Location 9.786°S, 107.749°E Depth 24 km (14.9 miles) Region SOUTH OF JAVA, INDONESIA Distances 241 km (149 miles) ENE of Christmas Island 277 km (172 miles) S of Tasikmalaya, Java, Indonesia 318 km (197 miles) S of Bandung, Java, Indonesia 412 km (256 miles) SSE of JAKARTA, Java, Indonesia Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 12 km (7.5 miles); depth +/- 7 km (4.3 miles) Parameters NST=167, Nph=168, Dmin=242.7 km, Rmss=1.18 sec, Gp= 40°, M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=7 Source * USGS NEIC (WDCS-D) Event ID usc0002i9q

link

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by forall2see

Well then. I would like for you to give us a heads up when in fact you do have these uneasy feelings. Maybe your on to something here. I however will not take it all to seriously until you post your thread the day beforehand as you state you will in your reply. Of course you understand

Of course. As I said, if it happens again I will post a thread. I just want to test my theory that this always happens the day before a large earthquke. And again, I am not claiming to be able to predict the future.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This is ridiculous! My best wishes go out to all the people affected by this quake. Think a big one is the U.S. is gonna happen soon?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

edit on 3-4-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

What in the world in going on?...

You mean you don't know ? Really ?

Credit Kinda Kurious
thank you again
edit on 3-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

But it would be so cool if you in fact could! I'm rootin for ya!

Funny thing, I have a bug out kit, spare gas cash, and a plethera of other supplies to fly up to a higher elevation when and if something does in fact go down. The one thing I'm missing is a reliable Helicopter to sit perched on top of my house! Haha!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Already a thread opened hours ago....do a search next time before you pollute the site.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join