It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate war? Blame God.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
We weren't always at each other's throats. In fact, according to the Bible, there was a time we even planned to work together.

Until God decided to step in and screw it all up...

Genesis 11
The Tower of Babel
1 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As people moved eastward,[a] they found a plain in Shinar and settled there.
3 They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The LORD said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

8 So the LORD scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel[c]—because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

Looks like even God is part of the NWO...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Sh*tstorm in 5...4...3...

Remember, it's "just a metaphor", if something in the bible doesn't support their delusions
edit on 3/4/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Yay for another anti-religion thread. At least you took a look at it from an angle I've never seen before.

When man can't fight over whose God is right anymore, he'll fight over whose version of toast is best. Religion isn't a reason; it's just a cheap tool to rile the masses.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The title should be Hate War? Blame Religion.
edit on 3-4-2011 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
Yay for another anti-religion thread. At least you took a look at it from an angle I've never seen before.

When man can't fight over whose God is right anymore, he'll fight over whose version of toast is best. Religion isn't a reason; it's just a cheap tool to rile the masses.

It actually kind of hit me out of the blue. If we had never been separated into different languages and scattered (if the Bible's account is actually correct), then we would not be warring with each other now. And since the source of that separation (again according to the Bible) is God...

War is God's fault.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Also, I believe the significance of the passage was to show that Nimrod, who oversaw the construction of the Tower of Babel, a tower that would boast man was greater than God himself, was corrupt, and God couldn't take it anymore so he destroyed the tower, and scattered the races, and spun new languages.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

Also, I believe the significance of the passage was to show that Nimrod, who oversaw the construction of the Tower of Babel, a tower that would boast man was greater than God himself, was corrupt, and God couldn't take it anymore so he destroyed the tower, and scattered the races, and spun new languages.

Actually, according to verse 6...

5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The LORD said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them

...It seems God was scared of what the people could do if they worked together.

Sounds just like other rulers throughout history: keep the masses divided and concerned about little things/distracted so they won't join forces, rise up, and choose their own destiny.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

exactly what I mean. God does not want us to be like him. Well, at least the biblical God that is. Just look what he did to Adam and Eve. He does not want us to be great, but to be lower than him. God is what keeps man back.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

exactly what I mean. God does not want us to be like him. Well, at least the biblical God that is. Just look what he did to Adam and Eve. He does not want us to be great, but to be lower than him. God is what keeps man back.

Are you saying that's a good thing?

Sounds kind of like a parent that had a crappy childhood taking taking it out on their own kid.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

No it's not a good thing, why is why I disbanded the religion years ago. God definitely is a jealous god, but jealous to his own children? Harsh.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
www.soulprogress.com... LIKE THIS ARTICLE..........MANKIND CAUSES MOST OF WHAT HAPPENS,AS TO WAR.,GREED,LUST,MONEY,AND OTHER THINGS.www.gnmagazine.org... A GOOD ARTICLE...........NOW THE ONLY REASON DID WAR BACK IN THE OLD TESTAMENT,WAS BECAUSE OF WHAT MANKIND DID AND BECAME.......HE CREATED MAN PERFECT,THEN THEY COMMITTED SIN.HE STILL GAVE US A CHANCE,BUT IT JUST GOT WORSE.,HE DID THE FLOOD AND WE STILL HAVEN'T LEARNED,SO JESUS DIED FOR OUR SINS,THEN HE IS COMING BACK TO MAKE THE PERFECT ONCE AGAIN.I HAVE FAITH AND BELIEF IN THIS.
,,,,,,,BECAUSE OF EVIL WE HAVE ALL THE BAD THINGS HAPPENING,BUT WE HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT AND JESUS TO HELP US,AND GOD......THINGS WILL HAPPEN GOOD AND BAD ON TILL JESUS COMES BACK,WE MUST OBEY GOD AND DO HIS WILL,THEN WE CAN HAVE PERFECTION.AMEN
edit on 3-4-2011 by venusstarlite because: I,FORGOT ONE MORE THING

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

ALLCAPS much?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

Holy hell man....

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I blame...