It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so hard to find bigfoot?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Watching those recent thermal videos from the helicopters during the war, made me think. Why can't one of the research groups get a few helicopters and thermal cameras and section off part of the wilderness in north canada and do flybys looking for bigfoot? Im pretty sure if they do exist, htey would show up on thermals.. right?

[edit on 24-7-2004 by RavenX]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
been done i think.
I don't think we will ever catch a "bigfoot" alive or a dead one to be honest, numerous investigations have failed to catch any hard evidence on bigfoot.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
......you ever been to northern canada? your gonna need more than a few helicopters.....besides that, the canopy of trees could pose a problem. personally i think bigfoot is BS..never seen any convincing proof

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Those helicopters cost a ubsurd amount of money. My state recently purchased a new one for the state police with the F.L.I.R camera system and it cost more than a million dollars. Most people looking for bigfoot are not what you would call rich and finding funding for such a project is hard.

Also from the decriptions of bigfoot sightings they would look very much like a human on a thermal image and I would think from a helicopter it would be hard to tell the size of a creature/human. So im sure you would pick up alot of hikers and campers.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
....because there is no such thing as Bigfoot?

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Damn well if I was a multi-millionaire I'd fund a project for a strike team(expert hunters) to go out into the wilderness with many different groups abiding by certain policies of coarse to hunt the damn thing down.

I seen a couple of websites that try to protect big foot calling it an endangered species. I think thats a bunch of crap. Why protect something that hasnt been officially discovered? Why also call it an endangered species when it hasnt been discovered?

So in that same regard I dont have a problem with hunting something down that hasnt been discovered. And I sure as heck dont have a problem putting it on the endangered species list for those websites that like to call it endangered.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Perhaps the reason Bigfoot can not been found is because it has more brains than humans and it really does not want to be found.

If you look at the whole myth what do humans plan to accomplish after finding the creature, a hunting trophy? A new species for the zoo? Or the I told you they exist. I don't get it.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
yea we can definitely put it in the damn zoo becuase of all those years it was hiding from us. And hey it would have a good supply of food too.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RavenX
Why can't one of the research groups get a few helicopters and thermal cameras and section off part of the wilderness in north canada and do flybys looking for bigfoot?

It has been done in Washington State.

Rick Noll of Edmonds, Wash., told the audience of an expedition in September 2000 to try to collect Bigfoot evidence. Armed with audio recordings meant to simulate calls, fruit to serve as bait, a thermal imaging camera and "very, very gross-smelling" pheremone chips developed from gorilla and human bacteria, Noll's team tried to lure a Bigfoot out toward them. They didn't see one, but they succeeded in making a cast of an impression that Noll believes to be of the torso of a prone Sasquatch.Noll said some counties have passed ordinances prohibiting the hunting of Bigfoot and, in one case, attempting to declare it an endangered species.

www.rfthomas.clara.net...

As for Northern Canada? Well, lets just take British Columbia is 364,764 sq. miles in size. California is 163,707 square miles, Oregon is 98,386 square miles, and then add a Wyoming 97,818 square miles and you still have room. Texas is 268,601 square miles leaving room for Michigan (96,810 square miles) or just about any other state to fit.

For you non-Americans, United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland is 94,525 sq miles which means that ONE province is more than three times the size.

Population is 3,907,738 for British Columbia (2001). Los Angeles is close to 10 million. London is just over 7 million.

Now, you think the hunt would be that easy? Consider that the almost 4 million people are almost all at the southern edge (American border) and that everything else is quite remote. Now add Alaska (586,412 square miles) which is 1/5th the size of the entire United States. Add the Yukon Territories (186,660 sq. mi.), Northwest Territories (519,734 sq mi), and Territories of Nunavut (350,000 sq mi).

Also there are the northern Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario, and Quebec areas to consider. Searching all of the land area is highly improbable. Now consider that in recent years, new animals have been discovered in much smaller countries, that were completely unknown until the last 4-5 years. Doesn't make things so impossible that a creature with a slightly higher intellect, could not be found easily.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
You need to go to the BRFO website and read some of the interviews taken by BFRO investigators. What you will find is that most sightings are from a single source and occur in remote regions of our country. They are what might be called chance encounters.
Bigfoot, if he does exist, is not a creature of routine. It is my belief that if you want to see or possibily capture this creature, you must be willing to walk in its shoes, so to speak. This creature does not want to be seen and appears to have the intelligence to do so.
Chance encounters of Bigfoot crossing a rural road or major highway only reinforce the intelligence issue. From what I have read this primate waits for the approaching vechicle to pass before crossing the highway. It does not dart out in the path of the vechicle only to be struck. It aware of the danger the vechicle represents.
Somewhere in this country someone has befriended this creature and that individual/individuals will become the spoke person for this illusive creature.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I want to become the agent for sasquatch; I believe that there could be lucrative contracts for sportsgear and personal hygiene and haircare products. (tame the mane: civilise your tangles and split ends, with new homonid herbal hairwash . . .)

I am also considering serving as interim legal counsel in a series of "class-action" suits on behalf of all persons of bigfeet/sasquatch/yeti ethnicity, for the following:

against the US, Canadian, and Tibetan govts for theft of tribal lands,

against one or more so-called 'cryptologists' for hate crimes perpetrated on persons of yetistic or bigfootist origins,

against various TV networks and 'tabloid' news bureaus for the use of my clients' likeness and image without consent or remuneration.

Against the makers of a film called "Harry and the Andersons" for libel and copyright infringement.

Against the makers of existing sportshoes and cosmetics, for their size-ist and look-ist conspiracy to marginalize persons of increased stature and pelage by making shoes that don't go above size 24, and razors that have only 4 blades in them.

For an aditional fee, I would represent my clients interests in negotiations with next season's "Fear Factor" and "Survivor: North Woods" programs, as well as "American Idol" and "Joe batchelor."

A very promising future for both me and my client or clients.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thank you for taking what I consider a serious topic to that of "yellow journalism". I'll give you credit for your creativity.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
2 words .....breeding population.....the smallest known group in the world that can maintain its population is a group of 30 mountain goahts in california....lets give big foot the benefit of the doubt, and say they can get by on 20.....wouldn't 20 bigfoots (bigfeet ?) leave evidence ????

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Evidence is in abundance from hair samples, feces, foot prints, partial body print, voice recordings and limited photographic images. Some evidence is claimed to be a hoax while other samples have no known explanation. All evidence todate is left up to the observer to decide on its validity.
Can you image finding a foot print that can not be explained away. You instanly become a believer and leave the rank of skeptic.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Eric Rudolph terrorized the South with bombs, then grew a beard and walked into the NC woods and elluded the FBI for close to a decade. The only reason he got caught was he told his name to a cop that asked him to stop rummaging through a dumpster.

I could make a joke about the stealth properties of facial hair citing Saddam's run or the fact that the entire world can't seem to find 6'5" Osama (who I think is actually a big foot), but it's seriously hard to find anything with even remote intelligence that doesn't want to be found.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I was a believer until I explored the breeding population idea....mountain gorillas were discovered only 200 years ago ( I think) the celocanth was supposed to be extint for something like 100,000 years until a fisherman caught one off of japan....BUT.....the whole foot print thing loses its luster for me in snowy areas....wouldn't the tracks lead to a den or sorts ? why have we never seen groups of tracks or multiple tracks....? it this being is intelligent and primate-like, wouldn't it be social ? I can believe it burys the dead and is intelligent, but the breeding popuation argument is a tough one to overcome, imo

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sorry if some of you didn't appreciate my humor. Nothing without serious from me on this thread henceforth.

I don't believe in bigfeet as biological forms, but more like UFO's, etc that are only present for short episodes in our reality. Not that they never exist, but I don't think they are permanently here. Same with lake monsters, etc.

Not that they aren't real. I bet one could put a serious hurt on you. But like other supernatural beings, like fairies and elves of yesteryear, they are simply uncatchable. Like leprachauns.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
All evidence of bigfoot is detroyed in order to protect him from man.
if you have any evidence that proves bigfoots existence you should destroy it like everyoneelse and leave Bigfoot alone. The best thing to do with nature is for MAN TO leave IT ALONE! DO you want every hunter in the world mounting bigfoot's head on the wall? Yes they have been shot before but when the hunter checks the body and finds something so human with eyes looking back at him crying they normally freek out and run.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by IXRAZORXI321]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have one solution to this problem... Whenever you find it Shoot IT! All you need is one and only one of them. That way we can analyze its DNA, and study it. If we have one, that would be enough to confirm the existence and get a massive highly funded search team out there. Then they definitely would be "not hard to find."

In fact, my friend is related to this one guy whos a millionaire basically. He use to start out as a country boy, and so he knows a little about hunting and so forth. Hes no one famous, but he was getting ready to dedicate himself to finding this creature.

He wanted to put 3 million in the project where he would assemble a pact of 30 to 40 hunters and pay them for guns supplies and food to hunt this thing down. Best part is that he would also pay them a salary. So any region of the forest where hunting is not prohibited, big foot would have a death threat or even better, it could be captured.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
We have an african lion running around in Columbus OH. No one can catch it. Catching something that doesn't want to be caught is easier said than done. The forests and moutain locations were Bigfoot lives are thick and for the most part unpassable by humans.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join