It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Less Obama Apologist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well, the list of people on the left who continue defending the behavior of President Obama just keeps getting smaller. Please watch this excellent interview with Dr. Cornel West, Princeton professor and former strong supporter of Barack Obama.

Pretty well sums up the thoughts of so many people who voted for Obama.

My favorite part is at the 2:50 mark, when Dr. West is asked his thoughts as to how President Obama has fared at keeping his promises. The reply is:

“I think that he has now aligned himself with forces that promote the abandonment of poor people and the neglect of working people. So I would characterize Obama as a charismatic version of American Exceptionalism with a Keynsian neoliberalism at home and a liberal neoconservatism abroad…”

I like so many others wanted so badly to believe that his administration could reverse what seemed like decades of D.C. insanity that Obama got my vote. I foolishly ignored those of you who were trying to get the message out that he was a wolf in sheep’s clothing. You went so far as to prove it by making note of his voting record on key issues in the past. I was blinded by the message. For that I feel both foolish and more than a little “used”.

So, what are your thoughts about both the subject matter and the interview?

edit on 3-4-2011 by Hessling because: Video mistake

edit on 3-4-2011 by Hessling because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2011 by Hessling because: Correction

edit on 3-4-2011 by Hessling because: Punctuation

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
When I saw the Obama Deception I had the thought that actually Obama would be the best thing it would show people That no matter how different you are or you say you are from the last president. That there is an agenda that must be followed. No matter who you are. There is an agenda that WILL be followed. So you can have someone that pokes jabs and jeers at th elast president and bad mouthed his policies and the whole nine yards and he turn around once in office and do the exact same things that he siad were bad.

Not to mention the race issue with the differences between the two presidents. All you have to say to people look how can you have someone who has a totally different background then the previous president and then they carry out the same exact policies!! They is a control scheme goign on!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Well, without going into all kids of stuff that would just take a year and use way too many of my daily allotment of words, don't be so hard on yourself. Do you really imagine things would be any different (not even going to go with "better") were the presidential (and don't forget, most importantly, vice-presidential) outcome to have been different?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Alright, the interview finally made Raw Story.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I knew from the very get go, that the empty suit...errr...Obama was a sham! Voting " present " on key items is not my idea of a good leader.

Barack Obama missed 314 (24%) of 1,300 roll call votes since Jan 6, 2005. The graph below shows the percent of roll call votes Barack Obama was absent for during the Member’s time in Congress. ( see source )
The absentee rate is in red. The two thin black lines provide a context for understanding the significance of the absentee rate. The lower dotted line shows the median value for all Members of Congress in that time period. The upper dotted line shows the 90th percentile. A Member who approaches the upper dotted line is in the worst 10 percent of Congress.

www.govtrack.us...

Just another talking head!

top topics

join