It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conversation about Obama's Birth Certificate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
A very nice summary regarding the Obummer birth certificate issue and the typical hair brained leftist liberal response

Howz about dem apples

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
title should be changed to: A conversation about beating a dead horse

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/82c7f03edff0.png[/atsimg]

Ah, yet another birther thread. These are always fun, because absolutely everything in this thread, has already been debunked time and time again. However, birthers have absolutely zero memory, and so, in response to this, I have made this handy dandy form response that I have saved just so that I don't have to re type the same information over and over again.

Obama was born in Honolulu Hawaii. This is just a fact. Obama has shown a certification of live birth, for those very few that are actually rational, and really haven't seen this posted before, here you go:

Some people should really take their time and examine the evidence available online about this issue, and they will come up with several different sources that have thoroughly looked at this issue and found that the above Certification of Live Birth is genuine and valid.

Born in the USA?
Birth Certificate
Obama's birth certificate: Final chapter
Native Son
State declares Obama birth certificate genuine
STATEMENT BY DR. CHIYOME FUKINO

A plethora of good information is available at the above links for those that are genuinely interested in this “conspiracy”, for birthers however, it doesn't matter.

Some make the claim that Obama's grandmother says that Obama was born in Kenya, however, when we look at this in detail, it falls apart:

Here's the conversation:
MCRAE: Could I ask her about his actual birthplace? I would like to see his birthplace when I come to Kenya in December. Was she present when he was born in Kenya?
OGOMBE: Yes. She says, yes, she was, she was present when Obama was born.
MCRAE: When I come in December. I would like to come by the place, the hospital, where he was born. Could you tell me where he was born? Was he born in Mombasa?
OGOMBE: No, Obama was not born in Mombasa. He was born in America.
MCRAE: Whereabouts was he born? I thought he was born in Kenya.
OGOMBE: No, he was born in America, not in Mombasa.
MCRAE: Do you know where he was born? I thought he was born in Kenya. I was going to go by and see where he was born.
OGOMBE: Hawaii. Hawaii. Sir, she says he was born in Hawaii. In the state of Hawaii, where his father was also learning, there. The state of Hawaii.

www.salon.com...

(for those who want to, the link above has an audio recording of the above transcript.)

People who are interested genuinely in this “conspiracy” should also take a look at the US Constitution, and what it says about this issue.

Listed under Article II Section 1:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

This is it, this is all the US Constitution has to say about the qualifications for the job of President of the United States. It does not state that the valid Certification of Live Birth as shown above isn't good enough for the job. Birthers like to argue that because THEY want more proof, that somehow that's law, and truthfully it's not the case. People who speak this way obviously hate the 4th Amendment to the United States Constitution and therefore hate America.

Now, many birthers complain that the above isn't good enough to get a drivers license, and that may be, but that's a state issue, and not a federal issue, (remember the 10th Amendment anyone?) and states can require more for a drivers license if they wish. The Presidency is not a drivers license, it's not a Passport, it's a job, and the identification requirements of that job don't include a long form birth certificate.

Let's take a moment to examine the motive behind the birthers.

If this issue isn't about race, how come birthers haven't demanded the birth certificates of all former presidents? One has to wonder about that, apparently every other president in the history of this country gets a pass on this issue, but not THIS president. Why is that? Could it be that all the other presidents being white somehow automatically by virtue of their race qualify as natural born citizens?

If this issue isn't about race, why all the lies? Why all the fake Kenyan birth certificates? Why all the lies coming from people who apparently want the truth? If these people were really interested in the truth about this matter, why do they put up with false information?

Let's look at a few of these fake Kenyan birth certificates shall we?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8be4d729819.jpg[/atsimg]
For some reason, birthers love this piece of trash, but that's all it is, a piece of trash. It's a complete fake!

This was completely debunked here on ATS by member TrustMeIKnow but in typical birther fashion, they cling to this and it crops up every once and a while. Even birther queen Orly Taitz fell for this forgery so hard she tried to use it in one of her many many failed lawsuits.

Another fake that goes around and has been completely debunked is this one:

A great list of why this is complete twaddle can be found here, but birthers will completely ignore these facts and trust WND.

I believe that this issue really isn't about the truth where Obama is born, I believe that most people understand that the above certification of live birth does satisfy the natural born citizenship requirement, but, this issue isn't about the truth, it's about trying to remove a black man from the White House. This is the same reason the TEA Party rallying cry is “Take our country back”. If this issue was about finding out the truth, this issue would be settled already when FactCheck.org came out with the pictures of the birth certificate above. But yet, they still believe the lies, like this fake AP Article.

Frankly, it doesn't matter what I write, or how much information I give you, birthers will never give up this idiocy. Even if Obama somehow came out with a long form birth certificate tomorrow, birthers would claim it's a forgery. Birthers aren't interested nor have they ever been interested in the truth surrounding this “conspiracy” they just want this particular man out of office.

The fact of the matter remains, Obama is a Natural Born Citizen of these United States, and birthers are all idiots without exception.

Don't be an American Idiot, don't be a birther:

edit on 4/3/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Talk about some apples ... pwned!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

But as you can see, it's just the "typical hair brained leftist liberal response"

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Trump is that you?

There are SO MANY things wrong with Obama that when I see people wasting their time on these ridiculous claims I get a massive head ache and it makes me wanna take up smoking again.

Seriously, PLEASE...STOP BEATING THIS DEAD HORSE. It's DEAD...

I am BY FAR not a leftist.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The problem with this birth certificate is that it is not from Connecticut. Obama was born in New Haven Connecticut to George HW Bush and Barbara Bush.

They just changed his name so he could be president a third term.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Please, please, please...just stop. He was born in Hawaii. Hawaii is a state. He's an American citizen. Even if he was born in Kenya, his mother is an American citizen, therefore...well you fill in the rest. There are real issues to bring up if you want to demonize the man, but his location of birth is not one of them.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

He was born in Hawaii. Hawaii is a state.

Hawaii is a state..... which is irrelevant to Obama. He was born in Connecticut which is not only a state but one of the originals.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

My the Obama cheer squad are getting fast...

On a side note, my nephew went to get his learners permit for driving today..
He was refused because he didn't have his full birth certificate...

Seems it's easier to become a president than drive a car..

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Article II Section 1

Where in that does it say that a long form birth certificate is the only valid piece of identification sufficient to prove someone's natural born citizenship status?

Also while you are looking at the US Constitution, let me tell you why it's easier to become president than it is to get a drivers license.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

edit on 4/4/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Where in that does it say that a long form birth certificate is the only valid piece of identification sufficient to prove someone's natural born citizenship status?

Like someone said..The information has already been debated..

I do remember seeing that in many cases the word of the mother and a witness was accepted as proof of birth..

Now if the long form was shown with delivering doctor then that theory would be ruled out..

I'm not saying he ain't US born, just that the COLB doesn't necessarily prove it..

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Like his long form birth certificate would quell this idiocy.

Birthers would just need further proof or would reject it completely or claim they never saw it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Like his long form birth certificate would quell this idiocy.

Birthers would just need further proof or would reject it completely or claim they never saw it.

Only one way to find out...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

It's a dead issue, and the only reason its going to come up in this election is to make the GOP candidates look like crazy loons.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

It's a dead issue, and the only reason its going to come up in this election is to make the GOP candidates look like crazy loons.

This thread and the other one or two a week kinda says it's not a dead issue..
But anyways, lets see if he shows it before the next election..

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
On a side note, my nephew went to get his learners permit for driving today..
He was refused because he didn't have his full birth certificate...
Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t you Australian? Are you residing in the United States? Is your nephew? And what state does he reside in?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
More moronic Bither crap. This has been disproven time and time again.

Get a life!

new topics

top topics

join