It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul - Homosexual?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Anyone who have read Paul's letters in NT will notice his obvious issues with sex. He even goes as far as saying that man should stay away from such acts as much as possible. Could it be that Paul was wrestling his own demons, causing him to have such views? The fact that homosexuality has always been a sensitive issue in christianity would no doubt cause some serious concerns for Paul if he felt sexually attracted to other men. I would also explain his advise to completely stay away from sex.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have heard this over and over but have never had anyone back it up in any manner.

I would be interested to hear any quotes, statements or anything else to back it up

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
listen up homosexuals.....stay out of religion...your not welcome here...get over it. not everyone in the whole world agrees with you. go away. better yet, go start a "gay" church, write your own bible and interprit it anyway you choose. when you get into catholicism your treading on thin ice. paul wasnt gay. god hates homosexuals. period. end of story.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372
god hates homosexuals. period. end of story.

I would be careful when saying that “God hates homosexuals”. While I would agree that God doesn’t approve of homosexual acts because that’s what the bible clearly says, I know that God loves homosexuals as he does any of his children. God loves everyone equally even if you are a sinner; he offers his forgiveness and love to anyone and everyone. He may be disappointed and upset with the way you live your life and you may need to pay a price for your sin he still loves you as he loves everyone.

Furthermore it is not my place or anyone’s place to judge another man, that judgment is reserved for God. God tells us to hate the sin and love the sinner. While I may not love what all people do I love all people.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The apostle is seen by many feminists as one who hates women, or at least as one who accepts the inferiority and debasedness of the female.

One of the reason given is in the light that he was brought up with the teachings of Gamaliel, one of the most famous rabbis and in the jewish tradition and he follow suborbordination as the role of women in the Jewish and palestinian tradition.

Another reason given is that Paul was jealous of Maria Magdalene for being women an in favor by Jesus over the apostles.

sublime4372,

You can be more respectful of the preferences of other, an this topic can bring some interesting views.

[edit on 24-7-2004 by marg6043]

df1

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I always suspected paul, but I think that john, george and ringo were straight.
Guessing the sexual preference of a biblical figure is really absurd. On par with "What would Jesus drive?".

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
why should i respect it? its an attack against my church. homosexuality has infected everything. you try to watch tv lately? now marriage? now saying apostles may be gay? omg please....take it somewhere else. relgion will never accept homosexuals, also please show me something that says love the sinner, hate the sin in the bible. god holds you accountable for your actions. would love to see these people in the after life trying to explain it away.......

catholics have rules...no matter how "unfair" it is to someone..i dont want my kids having anything to do with homosexuals..period..

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

catholics have rules...no matter how "unfair" it is to someone..i dont want my kids having anything to do with homosexuals..period..

Better keep them away from the Priests then......LOL

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
your referencing a small number of people.. i was an alter boy, never a problem. sure wish i could crack on the jews the way people seem to feel free attack catholics...oh wait, id be an antisemite then...cant have that...hey wait...they DID kill jesus though..hmmm oh well

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

your referencing a small number of people.. i was an alter boy, never a problem. sure wish i could crack on the jews the way people seem to feel free attack catholics...oh wait, id be an antisemite then...cant have that...hey wait...they DID kill jesus though..hmmm oh well

You are aware that your savior was JEWISH.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
exactly...they screwed him over pretty good

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I am not cracking on catholics (well maybe a little) I was raised one. When the answer to Priest molestation is covering it up and paying off the victoms and moving the Priest to another Parish so he can keep on humping kids it goes from a "small number" of people to a conspiricy. I am not anti-ANYBODY can you say the same? What you are saying is we are not even ALLOWED to discuss the possibility of Paul being homosexual. The last time I checked it was a free country regaurdless of what the christion version of the taliban think we are able to discuss whatever we wish with or without the popes approvel.

Did we hit a nerve there?

Kinglizard this does not aply to you you seem sencere and straght forward in your beliefs and even if I dont agree with a lot of what you have to say I will admit that you seem to pratice what Jesus preached.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

listen up homosexuals.....stay out of religion...your not welcome here...get over it.....god hates homosexuals. period. end of story.

Now that's the christian spirit.

If there ever was a christ I wonder what he would think of your comments? Or how his message of love, tolerance and inclusiveness has been so bastardized.

The old adage "judge not, lest ye be judged" seems to be completely missed by you. Who gave you the right? If your drawing on the bible for authority, you seem to forget it is the word of god was delivered through man. And because man had the final hand in it, it means that bible was open to their interpretation, their failings, their prejudices and worse yet, their political motivations.

Those little bracelets that christians wear that say WWJD - do you ever really think about what those words mean? Think about it.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just a clarification on my reasons for starting this thread. No, I'm not a homosexual, nor am I religious. However, I am very interested in theology and I do think Pauls issues on sex has to have a reason. If it is because of his own sexual preference being of a homosexual nature, it sure would be one explanation. We all know there have been numerous examples of priests coming out as gays and telling of the intolerance of their preference among collegues. Wouldn't it have been far worse if one of the most important figures in the creation of the christian church were to be proven as a homosexual?

As far as evidence to prove Paul was gay. Well, if there were any actual evidence, (like one of Paul's male lovers coming out and telling his story), I would be very surprised indeed if it would have stayed in the bible.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

listen up homosexuals.....stay out of religion...your not welcome here...get over it. not everyone in the whole world agrees with you. go away. better yet, go start a "gay" church, write your own bible and interprit it anyway you choose. when you get into catholicism your treading on thin ice. paul wasnt gay. god hates homosexuals. period. end of story.

People like you make me sick!! Don't worry I won't come on your religion, because it's simply based on lies lies lies. How do you know what god thinks, do you have an open line with him!

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unnamed

As far as evidence to prove Paul was gay. Well, if there were any actual evidence, (like one of Paul's male lovers coming out and telling his story), I would be very surprised indeed if it would have stayed in the bible.

I doubt you would find in the Bible but maybe a mention from earlier scholers or leaders

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Unnamed
What in particular are you refering to in Pauls letters that would lead you to this question?

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

please show me something that says love the sinner, hate the sin in the bible.

If you believe in the teachings found in the bible then we should not condemn another because of their sin. An adulterer was going to be stoned to death and Jesus said “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her”, showing that we are all guilty of sin and that we should not condemn another because of their sin. Its Gods place to judge not ours, we should show that person compassion and love because they are still the child of God. Jesus recognizes that she had sinned by saying “Go now and leave your life of sin”. Jesus is the judge not his children.

John 8

3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group

4 and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery.

5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?"

7 But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there.

10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

11 "No one, sir," she said.
"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

Another example can be found in Matthew 7.

Matthew 7

Judging Others

1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.”

2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?

5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

6 "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There are actually numerous occations where Paul informs Christians that celibacy is more desirable than entering into a sexual relationship. Note that this advice is given to Christians - not only the Christian Priests.

Here are a couple of examples:

"It is good for a man not to touch a woman." (Corinthians I, 7:1)

"I say to the unmarried and to widows that it is good for them if they remain even as I. (Corinthians I, 7:8-9)

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The church obviously has been very good on covering the real relationship of Jesus the man and Mary Magdalene so I will not be surprised they have covered much more than that.

Christianity is "Paulist Doctrine;" far removed from the teachings of Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus. This is where "Judaic Christianity" became "Hellenistic Christianity," and where the two religions finally, completely split.

Paul of Tarsus was persecuted, by Romans and Jews, though the Christian cult was still viewed as an oddity by most people. When Rome burned in about 64 C.E., it was rumored that the decadent emporor Nero had set the fire himself, to clear land for a new palace. Facing an enraged populace, he blamed the fire on the Christians, multiplying the anger towards them exponentially. To satisfy the public, he had hundreds of Christians torn apart by lions and burned at the stake.

Though the Bible is unclear on his death, most agree that Paul was executed by the Romans during this time. And within 300 years, Christianity had become the official religion of the crumbling Roman Empire.

The books in the New Testament connected with Paul include: Acts, Romans, First and Second Epistle to the Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Thessalonians, Timothy, Titus, Philemon, and Hebrews.

No wonder christianity has always been link to man hating women religion his roots are not very clear indeed.

[edit on 24-7-2004 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join