It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinkholes Revealed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I don't have a problem with the earth forming aquifers.. do you guys? I have a little problem with the lack of notice though hehe.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This excerpt taken from National Geographic News

After rumbling for weeks, part of a poor Guatemala City neighborhood plummeted some 30 stories into the Earth on Friday.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Notice in the first paragraph it says rumbling for weeks..now here's a scary thought..this from ATS members: Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here..., page 1..could it be possible parts of the U.S. and other places are going to fall into a giant sink hole? curious thought I hope not..
Link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The lake bottom after water has drained.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e653e6f8a4b0.jpg[/atsimg]

This looks like Lake Peigneur here in South Louisiana.
Happened when a rig drilled into the salt dome of a mine under the lake.
They have videos of the incident online and is a site to see.
Swallowed everything...

edit on 4-4-2011 by RajunCajun because: Spell error

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Excellent thread, as always W1ll, S+F.

ok that sing hole is impressive but what in the hell was powerful enough to push the mountains that high up in the first place?? pole shift?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

tectonic movement is responsible for most of the mountains in the world, second kind is volcanic... sometimes both

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
Didnt a lake, somewhere down in South America, suddenly disappear about a year ago?
I wonder if thats what happened to it, a large sink hole or collapsed lava tube?

thats scary!! imagine swimming in it, the next second u just fall with water to your perish.... freaky

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

You misunderstand the physics of how this happens, I'm afraid. There need not be a perfect 660 foot deep hole in which the 330 foot depression must have fallen. Instead years of rainwater and leaking sewage created small fissures which ran incredibly deep. These fissures all added up to around 660 foot in total to be sure, if not more so.....the recent rainfall added weight to what was already at the surface, and the fissures all pancaked in on one another. Sort of like the official story of how the World Trade Towers fell (except in this case it actually makes logical sense). Also its perfectly logical, and common for a sinkhole which is falling in on itself to create a roughly circular impression. Nothing at all mysterious here, other than it being an unusually large one......still not INCREDIBLY unusual...just one of those 'ya don't see that everyday' sort of unusual.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Lake Jackson is a crazy spot here in Tallahassee. I have a friend with property that is "lakefront," but the majority of the time, he can't even see the water from his home, it is all grasslands behind his house.

I have seen pictures of Lake Jackson draining so quickly that it literally formed a vortex, and people had to tie off from one boat to another to keep from losing their boats into the sinkhole. The last time the lake drained suddenly, the local news ran specials encouraging people to rush out and collect the fish from the little ponds that were left behind. There were large Bass and Catfish that people were picking up with their hands and tossing in coolers.

The State and Federal authorites, have dumped 100s of tons of construction debris into the largest of the holes, just to watch it disappear into the abyss.

Most recently, the state spent $6 million on a "turtle tunnel" to help the turtles cross Hwy 27 N, from Lake Jackson to some other little appendant lakes. It was a political folly that was perfect for satirists, billboard writers, and opponents of the reigning administrations.

I would love for someone to go back through the archives and see how many millions of dollars have been spent on a losing battle with Mother Nature in Lake Jackson over the last 100 years. I bet it is in the Hundreds of Millions that have been quite literally "thrown down a hole!"

edit on 4-4-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

HAARP Makes Sinkholes..!!!

Ooook, Sorry bout that, I just had to, HAARP has been blamed for everything else lately so I best get in before someone else dose

edit on 4/4/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Whats funny is a few miles from where I live, this lady's backyard one day had a bunch of deep holes in it. She freaked out and turns out they where sink holes, HUGE ONES. She later moved because they got worse.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Cool thread. I can see myself using this information in many ways, such as speculative writing (yes!).

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sinkholes form because pedo bear gets angry.

"This is Sparta"!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Working gingerly, heavy equipment began pulling apart the house over the weekend, scooping precious belongings onto the lawn. A Bible, family photos, a jewelry box and a pink teddy bear were among the items saved.

usnews.nbcnews.com...

Pink teddy bear was also seen skydiving over Chelyabinsk at super sonic speeds with his subscription to FileSonic and Image Bam.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join