It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams and coincidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I rarely go into dream sleep because of Fibromyalgia, years ago I dreamed of my dead granfather, my mother died, five years ago I dreamed of my departed grandmother, my father died soon after.

Two years ago I dreamed of my friend she was murdered, last year dreamed of another friend who was killed by a hit and run.

I remember these dreams because I rarely have any and write them down.

These last months for the first time for a long long while I have been having vivid dreams, I had my first ever nightmare the night before the Japanese disaster,
Few nights ago a black man came to me asking for help, I read about the massacres in the Ivory Coast

Is this all coincidence or is something going on?

I am not into whimsical thinking, have my feet firmly planted firmly on the ground (I hope) have made rational excuses for the dreams which I experienced before, am no spring chicken.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

i have similar experiences with dreams, although never an instance where someone has died.

The dreams that you hold on to forever bear significance, because dreams are symbolic, when you have a gut feeling about a dream i would say pay attention to it, and see what happens next.

For me, i have dreams about the moon and the sun a lot, a couple years ago i noticed a loose connection between my dreams and natural disasters. For example, around the time of the japan quake i kept on having dreams about the moon, which seems to be at least a little symbolic considering the hyper moon?

dreams are a weird animal, just listen to your gut

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

It sounds like your subconscious is picking up on the news, or do these dreams occur before you see them in the paper or tv?

I do experience a lot of deja vu from dreams though. My Grandad told me that mum has a 'gift' a few month before he died. Although i see myself as a logical person he had no reason to lie. My mum told me of a dream she had before i was born, she dreamed she was in a red car driving over a bridge when it collapsed. She recalled sitting in the car as it slid down the damaged bridge and slammed into a car that had already crashed.

A few day later Bay Bridge in San Francisco collapsed during a earthquake, she saw the footage on the news and swears she could see the red car she was traveling in on the news. She said its the strangest experience of her life.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have experienced dreams and a following deja vu effect.

Makes me wonder, if it is a trick our minds plays on us.
Personally, i think we are connected to the universe, some of us stronger as others..
Still researching more into dreams, there is alot to be learned..
edit on 4-4-2011 by ShawHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Interesting, I think the next time you have a dream you should post it on here, and we shall see the outcome. That ways we can have multiple witnesses and a chance to figure out what it may signify. You may even save some lives if some manage to decipher it before any kind of disaster occurs.

Very few people I know have had the same expirience, I wish I could have these dreams, keep writing them down; I feel you have a gift, then again, some may call it a curse.

keep on trecking, best wishes to you.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Sounds like what your experiencing is a mixture between awake time observations, precognition and communicating(either psychically or not-the comforting REM sleep communication) with those who have passed through your dreams. When it all builds up at once, as the earth and it's inhabitants are going through a lot right now(polar shifting, recent disasters, politics) it can be overwhelming. I can see a rise in people being restless, possibly causing them to be in tune with feelings, thoughts and even a sixth sense the have never delt with before.
I've also had a lot of loss in my life and heavily experience what you've explained.
It does help to talk it out, ATS is a good start. Counselors and the like, family and friends can help too.
Goodluck!

new topics

top topics

join