It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gods walking through the Garden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, “Where are you?”

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”

When people read this, they fail to see the sublime metaphors at use here. They see the imagery, but fail to learn anything from this remarkable verse.

Mans conscience is literally G-d within man. Thus the "walking of G-d" in this verse is the stirring of mans conscience. When Adam ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, what happened was a confusion in his knowledge between what was right, and what was wrong. Following this ingestion, and integration of knowledge within his being, when his conscience stirred, he felt "naked". He didnt want to listen to it. The force of the other side - the snake, had already taken hold of his attention. He was now confused, and this confusion is nakeness. This nakedness doesnt produce "clothing", meaning, when one does what is right, he provides clothing for his divine soul - his "conscience", through physical action, and correct speech. When does not know, he has nothing to clothe himself with.

When Adam saw G-d he hid from him. He hid because he knew that what he was doing was wrong.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

That's simply a subjective semantic interpretation of the verse, I'm pretty sure I could come up with my own meaning in a few seconds.

It's an interesting way of looking at it, but ultimately doesn't prove anything..
edit on 3/4/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Believe what you want.

This is how every Jew worldwide learn of this verse through the Mesorah (oral tradition). This is how its always been taught.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Sorry, I missed the part where Religion has been proven as a cold, hard, scientific fact?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Like i said, you can deny this interpretation. Just keep in mind whether its a Jew from Morocco, Baghdad or France, this is how the Torah has always been interpreted at the level of "sod" - the esoteric.

If you analyze the imagery its hard to reject. The verse lends itself quite easily, both with its imagery, and with the theology of the bible, to this interpretation.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yes, I also did point out that I think it's an interesting interpretation.

But that doesn't make it real...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I like your interpretation, particularly the part about God is our stirring conscience.

Though ultimately the idea of being told one is naked has to do with learning about evil and duality.

The serpent told Adam over time that there was something in him that needed shielding because it was potentially negative.

IT WAS THE SERPENT’S JOB to do that shielding.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You write good threads. If you have not seen this guy speak I think he is someone worth a bit of your time.

He starts at 4:00 minutes if you want to get right to it.
edit on 3-4-2011 by zroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I wish Christians were taught this way.

You are talking about the most important fundamental relationship. Everything does go back to this and if taught wrong it can help poison the soul. The whole hopeless sinners who can do nothing to save themselves sets things up nicely for imperilism. No one wants to be responsible, they would rather make mystery to fool themselves and try to outwit justice. It is a game played by children clinging to their inherent animal brutality.

I once again have a new found respect for Judaism, I'm not worried though some other organized follower will probably ruin it shortly.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

I find it interesting that you speak with such a level of authority in the sense that you believe what your saying to be proven fact.

Are you telling me (and others) your not a "sinner"? Have you never lied then, or cheated on someone/something, never said something disrespectful etc etc ?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Its not my interpretation. This is how the Rabbis have always taught it.

This is what this verse is conveying allegorically.

join