It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Night Out Last Night, But Whoa, Beware the Hangover Birdsong of Foreboding/ Phone Time Zone Dy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Ok so had a great night last night, not many will know but I went to a DJ John00Fleming set, and it rocked. However when I got home, I realised my phone had lost signal, all signal, I left it at home because its a HTC Desire, and its my baby, didn't want to see it kidnapped lol. So anyway I switched it off, and then back on again, and it was fine, for about a hour or two, as I was still buzzing from the music, and the quantreau mixed with redbull (which is amazing by the way), I didn't go off to sleep I listened to my ipod in bed.

After a while every now and again I could hear something when I was listening to my music, I had it full volume, but could make out high pitched external noise, so I pressed pause, and was shocked to discover, that the noise I would hear was the birds, it was really loud, and positively screechy, I have never heard it like that before, and almost to my mind sounded panicked, or wary, like a "birdsong of foreboding." At this time it was about 3.30am, and bizzarely still I think I could hear some of the birdsong from seagulls, which although I live on the coast, I never hear seagulls, as I live a good 15-20 minute walk to the beach, and although they do come further inland, they don't hang out in the area where I live, and I have never heard this type of birdsong before, having said that it may not have been the gulls, but certainly had that kind of sound, although it wasn't an entirely normal sounding seagull noise more like what I would imagine a seagull shrill to be like.

To complicate matters I happend to look at my phone and noticed a message came up saying timezone not detected, please indicate city, and timezone or words to that effect, strange thing is when the clocks changed last weekend, my phone made the changeover automatically without a hitch, but for some strange reason (Although I kow of friends who did receive this message just before the clock change last weekend), it did this now, and I have no idea why (solar activity is the only theory I have at this point), to cap it all I also noticed the signal had dissappeared again too.

Back to the birdsong, at some point I noticed it had entirey stopped for a bit, for it only to return a little while later, but this time more normal, as in sounding less urgent.

Just wanted to put this out there, as I do feel it was unusual activity, and with it being more than one thing, I felt a double whammy event may be of interest,

Anyway let me know what you think guys

Oh quick P.s I never got drunk last night, infact I only had 3 drinks, and my last alcoholic one was at least 3 hours before I got home, so I know I wasn't under any sort of heavy influence.

Mods apologies if you feel this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move somewhere more appropriate if required

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
First you say you were "still buzzing" from music, cointreau and redbull. Then you state at the end you were not under the influence of anything at all. Perceiving and writing when intoxicated or hung over is not a manner in which to garner credibility. Try some clean, clear observations unclouded by ingested substances and then perhaps you might gain an ear.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by starwisdom

As I have only posted this in the last half an hour, I am no longer intoxicated as you put it, furthermore, 3 drinks, do not constitue a state in me where my faculties are compromised, I know hat I heard, and what I saw, for heavens sake if I thought for a second that it could have been an altered percepted state I would not have bothered to post here.

Oh and by the way I don not takes drugs, unless they are paracetamol, or ibuprofen, and I resent any insinuation of this line, as I never have, nor would I ever, I am one of those lucky people, who are just high on life itself, I don't need a prop.

Edit: I meant hangover metophorically speaking, I did not actually suffer a physical hangover, my bad I was under the assumption people would read between the lines of the play on words.
edit on 3-4-2011 by solargeddon because: Because and hangover, does't have to always be physical.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If the music was loud it would cause some hearing damage which can take a few hours to settle down again. It is not good in the long term.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Yeah I know the difference, this was birds, I have heard the hearing sound dammage, the two are highly distinguishable

But thank you for pointing it out, I certainly forgot to factor the knowledge in my op of being a possibility which I can discount for the reason that I know how differently the birdsong, and the ear ringing sound.
edit on 3-4-2011 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

1. Alcohol is as much a prop as any other drug, not that I have any problems with people doing it, I do have problems with people thinking it's more acceptable than other "funtime" drugs just because it's legal

2. There's a thread on it already here www.abovetopsecret.com...

3. How was J00F ?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I too have noticed that the birds are singing all night. I first noticed it about 6 weeks ago and discussed this with my colleagues. All of them had also heard them during the night. This is very strange.

I appreciate that they usually come to life about an hour or so before dawn, but this has been at midnght.

I haven't heard any sreeching sounds though, just mainly something similar to the dawn chourus.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Cheers, yeah I knew there was a thread, but I created my own as I felt the phone issue coincided at the same time, so wasn't sure if perhaps solar activity might have had some sort of effect on technology and nature simultaneously ???

J00F was absolutely fantastic, first time I had ever been to one of his sets.

I don't get out much, having two young kids, and thus it was nice to listen to some sounds, hang out with friends, and have a couple of drinks, a refreshing change from the norm.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Yeah I have heard a lot the dawn chorus so to speak at odd hours too, but this was very different to what i normally hear, but was around dawn, just felt very out of place, just like when you hear the the birdsong at midnight, there is a air of the unatrual about it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

That topic is only tangentially linked to this one; he is not particularly astounded by the time but by the song itself. In addition, there's the problem of his phone's time zone; that's not something that's supposed to happen. Do HTC Desires do that very often?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

I will have had my phone a year in June, and up to this point I have never experienced this problem before, but I do know of one friend who did have this come up on their phone just before the clocks went forward last weekend, but this never happend to me, my phone just made the changeover on its own without a hitch, plus when the clocks went back an hour last October my phone was aboslutely fine, until am this morning I have never experienced this message, and to make matters worse I did acknowledge the message, but it happend again a few hours later. I also normally have no problem with phone signal, and yet my son has lost signal a couple of times only to return on having swtiched the phone on and off, highly unusual.

Any idea's ? Would be great if someone has an explanation

I meant to pop into Vodaphone today and ask about it, will definately do so tomorrow, and shall update if there is a nice mundane explanation given to me

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

A quick google search suggests that HTC Desire Timezone Mix-ups are fairly common. Not especially prevalent, but not unheard of. I don't think it's connected, sorry

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Funny thing just happened to me....I am actually at work right now and I had just told a co-worker that my car radio (which has gps built in) acted strangely this morning.

As I started the car, the radio came on as usual, then a message stating that it had detected Daylight Savings Time and that I should confirm that this is correct.
However, for the past few weeks that we have been in the timechange, my time was always correct.

I just don't get it.

edit to add: btw, I have an HTC also (windows based) and the tie is still correct....nothing strange with that this morning.
edit on 10/12/2009 by makinit66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Thanks

Have to say though, unheard of for my little Desire, its so well behaved normally, perhaps I shall have to sit him in the corner for X amount of minutes time out lol.

What about signal loss ???

I know this can be comonplace, but again my phone has never played up in this way either, if it has ever lost signal it has been becasue it is in a blackout area, but never somewhere where my signal strength is always constant i.e at work we have a blackspot, but at home, never lost signal before now.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by makinit66

Oh that is strange, my phone is android os, but its has been the most fantastic phone ever til this point, interesting you had a similar problem but with a different device, all the more incredible as you are in America, and I am in England.

Thank you for sharing

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Alot of my old clubbing buddies are like that, not getting to go out much due to having jobs & families etc which kinda sucks. Good to hear J00F was on form always love his sets and he's a really nice guy when you meet him!

As for the phone, wouldn't look too much into it, phones can and do go on the blink from time to time, best thing to do is see if it happens again and then maybe take it in to a phone shop to see if they know what's wrong with it, it could also be a network problem.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

So now I just have to hope and pray those birdies aren't so noisy again at some unreasonable hour

2nd line (but I never know why)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

There is absolutely something peculiar happening with the seagulls, I noticed it about a week ago and was thinking of posting. Not sure if it means anything but here is what I've seen...
Small groups of two or three gulls circling overhead, nowhere near water and not usually seen this time of year. They are VERY vocal and calling non stop while they circle, on more than one occasion a single gull lands and walks forward calling out every couple steps before joining the circle again.
They are in the same place every day, same formation and same behavior. This occurs in multiple locations in a roughly 30 mile radius, could go further but have not looked into it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
lol so your phone asked you to set the time shortly after the clocks went forward, then you heard some birds singing in the morning?
damn thats some wierd$hit going on

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Nooooo, please read thoroughly lol

My phone made the change over perfectly without a hitch when the clocks changed, a week after the message came up, NOT at the time of the clocks changing.

And please, the birds yes were singing, but it wasn't normal birdsong, I know the difference, If you feel the need to trivialise thats fine, but ensure you are trivialising on the experience as it is presented, I would never have created a thread for something relating to the norm, although I do concede Solarisis above said that it is not impossible for the phone thing to happen, but it is rare, but it was also the loss of network which occurred too that I found of curiosity, it is not unreasonable to point out what to me seem to be anomolies, and ask the more enlightend inhabbitants of this planet whether they may perhaps add up to more than one big coincidental event, especially as I have not experienced these things before.

Peace
By the way love the emoticons

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join