It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How and why do you dare to speak?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I ask myself this question regularly. I sort through the information, and I don't know why. I follow all the chains of events, the trails of documents. The printer chitters out the archive at all hours. The information is a Mobius strip, tracing back into itself until it becomes enclosed.

You know there is a secret -- and it isn't yours -- and you want it to be. Why don't we just listen when they tell us what happens if we push too far? Is it that we don't really believe -- that down inside, it's all a kind of game, and if # got real we'd be as shocked as any of the sleepwalkers? Or is it that we do, and we're playing chicken with the powers that be? Daring them -- show yourself, we're calling you out. You might hold most of the cards, but we know something you don't: you have always underestimated us.

Mostly what we find is no threat to them. It's already contained. They're happy to let us add it up on our own, form our little clubs, because in the end, well -- cui bono? Us or them? Are we not also part of the plan?

Maybe everybody else knows too but they're smart enough to keep their dang mouths shut.

Sometimes in the noise you find the signal. They miss something. By the gods I don't believe in, sometimes they do miss something. And there we are, daring to look, to wait, to speak. It's a kind of Russian roulette of the mind. Ian Shoales, the acerbic social critic character given life by writer Merle Kessler, once said that in the perfect world, the perfect work of art would kill you. In this world, the perfect secret, the smoking gun could end up turning into the one pointed at our heads. Why do we dare to keep searching for something that we would only know for sure we'd found when it finally destroyed us?

Anyone who claims to know one of their secrets for real and to be talking about it, you know is wrong or lying. You can tell because they're still breathing. It's not a game at all. Or if it is, it's one played by people who think they have the right to make a game out of human lives. Underneath the goofy rubber suits and the endless eye-savaging youtubes made by a guy waving a cellphone camera at the sky like he's having a seizure while jumping on a trampoline during an earthquake, there are bodies. Blood in the river of the secret. Silent, silenced, and forever unknown.

Still we dare. Maybe we just can't help it. We see the tiger and we have to pull its tail.

MAN IN GREY: Snuff out the candle and the light is not. I am the is not.
GABRIEL: Who are you? You're not in the script.
MAN IN GREY: I'm between the lines.

-William Gibson, The Butterfingers Angel

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
We are all going to die one day so it comes down to how you want the universe to remember you. A black hat with lots of money but no morality, a white hat putting in a good fight but winding up with a shortened life, occasionally they win some, or an average person too afraid to lift up the covers that lives a long healthy life, occasionally they might get caught in the cross fire. One thing with being on this planet, we all have choices in this crazy mixed up place.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Most humans would just want peace and security in their lifetime. We hate changes. We are resiliant and do have tolerance.

At times, we will just accept BS, lies and deceptions, and try our best to make the best of things, even when truths and realities unfolds before our eyes.

Some amongst us will use every trick in the book to wake us all up, even half lies mix with truths, and there will be devious agenda others whom will equally not hesitate to use similar tactics, in the presumption that we mankind are like our ancestors - dumb sheeps, mistaking it for our enduring tolerance even in the face of the most outrageous lies that defies logic and reason.

We want only peace to live out our lives.

But when SHTF that affects not only just us, but others whom we loved and care about, espacially the next generation for no human is born out of a rock, it is then all hell will break loose. There is a limit to human tolerance and best those pushing it, comprehends it and comprehend it well - humans or otherwise, not to go too far or the explosive groundswell will be annihilative for ALL.

Such a time has not come yet, and may wel all be allowed to settle issues amicably through voicing out concerns with honesty, integrity and transparency sincerly than to resort to bullets and weapons of destruction later.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I'm not sure I agree that it's quite that bad. I think the idea we can't work together is part of the propaganda designed to keep us from trying.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have noticed, that if you take the average "sheep" and even expose thier minds to 1/10th of what a moderatley spiritually aware person perceives, then they would become paranoid and crazy within the space of a few months. I think the elite are simply trying to save us from ourselves, however, also restricting those that are ready to cross to the other side.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

I think most just enjoy the journey. Whether it leads them to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or leaves them lost in the darkness with only themselves for company. Nobody can tell whether they are ready for the truth untill they're exposed to it. I suppose the quest to find it, kind of conditions you for all possibiltys. You just have to hope that your still sane enough to embrace it when it comes. I suspect that many ware so acustomed to lies that they would'nt believe the truth anyways no matter what that truth maybe. All you can do is trust your instincts and educate yourself.

top topics

join