It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oath Keeper- Real or Fake.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Oath Keeper members are certainly NOT keeping their “Oath” today. Sure, on the psychological side it feels real good to say that you will defend the Constitution from ALL enemies foreign and domestic. However, when the rubber hit’s the road the defense of the Constitution is not being carried out by the Oath Keeper today in the real world.

If the current Policemen that are Oath Keepers were upholding the Constitution it would be Headline News. When was the last time You read a story of a Policeman refusing to wrongfully search a citizen, or remove their personal property. Can’t remember one ? Me either, because there are no stories like this.

If Oath Keepers in the Military were defending the Constitution I don’t think we would have bombed Libya without a Declaration of War issued by the Congress. I don’t read stories of the Military refusing to wage war overseas without a Declaration of War issued by Congress. Since Korea the Military has been eager to go fight illegal wars and they still are today.

Now, If Oath-Keepers was started by TPTB to “root out” the current Police Officers and Military Personal that can not be trusted by TPTB, this was a big waste of money, time, and effort, because it appears that the Police Officer or Military personal that would call themselves an Oath Keeper is just fooling themselves. It appears that the Oath Keeper WILL follow orders same as the Nazi Guard at Dachau did.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Why don't you post the orders that we will not obey as an Oath Keeper with examples how we are breaking them?

Otherwise you don't sound like you know what you're talking about.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Steve8511

This is exactly what I referring to. The US Constitution in written so a person with an eight grade reading level is able comprehend it. I should not need to educate an American in what the Constitution states, and the actions that violate it.

In the OP I referred to violation of search & seizure rights and the use of the Military. For those that need an education here is what the Constitution states on just those two subjects:

Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure. Ratified 12/15/1791.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Also I referred to Declaration of War this is what the Constitution says about the use of the Military:

Section 8 - Powers of Congress

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
To provide and maintain a Navy;
To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

Section 2 - Civilian Power over Military, Cabinet, Pardon Power, Appointments
The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

If you consider yourself an Oath Keeper are you in compliance?

Now the Constitution has a lot more to say about the actions of those who would consider themselves Oath Keepers, I advise that one read it, then follow it. It would change our Nation overnight.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well I think you answered your own question.

Most of the people who are long term military, and or Law enforcement, are bullies in personality who enjoy their inflated authority. If they acted reasonably and in the interest of the constitution on a case by case basis, they wouldn't get to threaten, intimidate, and manhandle people nearly as often. And that's the kind of stuff they like to do, so you are expecting people who are "above the law" to selflessly give up that immunity.

Yeah, and everyone who uses the internet will start posting using their real names, and addresses too. You know, cause it's the right thing to do.

it's just one of those things.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

I bet if you contacted them they sure could give you some examples. I don't think mainstream media will advertise it.

new topics

top topics

join