It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we shouldn't Arm the Rebels.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Why we shouldn't arm the rebels.

1. We have no business arming gangs when we don't know who they are, or what their motives are, or who is actually funding them.
  2. The cost of arming these rebels would be better spent helping the U.S. economy, that you (our government) were a part of destroying in the last 3 to 10 to 30 years now.
  3. You spend a lot of money and time to take OUR rights to own guns away, just to give the enemy better weapons than what you allow your citizens to own.
  4. 9/11. (not to say it was OS or other)
  5. We have already done enough to the poor people of the middle east, with the taking of their resources, the destruction of their governments and cities and destroying their infrustructures just to allow Halliburton to rebuild for them.
  6. The People of The United States, the people you work for, do not want you to drag us into another war. The soldiers most likely don't want you to drag us into another war.. Especially for oil and corporate profits.
  7. You are aware there is growing unrest in the world for government power, and military mite, and the U.S. is the most disliked for it.
  8. It is not the our job to wage crusades against a single religion, regardless how much or how little we agree with their views.
  9. Oh, and did I mention theres a revolution a brewing around the world? Yeah, that includes here.

We spend more money infiltrating countries populations, and inciting hatred for their own governments, then we spend trying to help populations who are starving and may have real problems that humanity can't seem to shake. We see subtle unrest and spend vast amounts of money to manipulate the environment in these poor nations so that we can go in and rape them of their resources, and fuel corporate greed and the enslavement of more and more people than we have ever freed from tyranny.
Our economy has lost a significant amount of its wealth over the last 3 years, yet we continue to spend millions and millions a day abroad to what appears to be doing nothing but fueling hatred for me, and my neighbors, and my countries people. You see, the great thing about being a democracy is that we get to reap all the benefits. We elect people to make hard decisions (still up for debate), and when they just destroy nations, the world turns on the people, because we put you there. You speak for everyone in the United States and you do a real good job of destroying my good name, my parents good name, and all those who came before us in the great nation.
You think politics is a game, and that you can make chess moves to secure YOUR future, while DESTROYING the peoples future. Whether you manipulate the markets to make you and your friends money, or arming rebels who 20 years from now will supposedly attack us at home. Your choices over that last 100 years have been atrocious, and your grade is an F-. The world is changing, the views are changing, yet you continue to be greedy.
Our time in this society is numbered. The question is, will WE change it to what it should be, will we revolt against these tyrannical governments, regardless what nation they govern? Or will something bigger than us anialate us from our existance?

The time is here for people to be bold in their refusal to adhere to the governments decisions to destroy our liberties, and to destroy nations, and turning a blind eye to the REAL issues around the world and at home. It is no longer that people "shouldn't" starve, it is now, people "cannot" starve. We will not waste another generation of a beautiful existence.

Be your neighbors keeper, and refuse to allow your neighbor to be invaded, or impeded upon. Live and LOVE!!!

Enjoy
Myendica
edit on 3-4-2011 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Rebels one day become the terrorist we fight.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

Why we shouldn't arm the rebels.

1. We have no business arming gangs when we don't know who they are, or what their motives are, or who is actually funding them.
  2. The cost of arming these rebels would be better spent helping the U.S. economy, that you (our government) were a part of destroying in the last 3 to 10 to 30 years now.
  3. You spend a lot of money and time to take OUR rights to own guns away, just to give the enemy better weapons than what you allow your citizens to own.
  4. 9/11. (not to say it was OS or other)
  5. We have already done enough to the poor people of the middle east, with the taking of their resources, the destruction of their governments and cities and destroying their infrustructures just to allow Halliburton to rebuild for them.
  6. The People of The United States, the people you work for, do not want you to drag us into another war. The soldiers most likely don't want you to drag us into another war.. Especially for oil and corporate profits.
  7. You are aware there is growing unrest in the world for government power, and military mite, and the U.S. is the most disliked for it.
  8. It is not the our job to wage crusades against a single religion, regardless how much or how little we agree with their views.
  9. Oh, and did I mention theres a revolution a brewing around the world? Yeah, that includes here.

American got help during their bid against the British for Independence. (1776 time frame)

The USA is a military industrial complex. Selling guns is big business not just in the USA but world wide.

Last I checked I can still own a gun (several if I like).

9/11- what? Note sure what approach you are taking here.

If you are defining the middle east as Afghanistan and Iraq...then you are right. However, these two countries do not make up all of the middle east. Remove Oil as the world focus and the middle east will dry up and blow away. That would be my choice.

Agreed, no more wars backed by the US armed forces. However, no single country can bring the military might to the table that the US can. In the future, China will be able to do it if they survive their own middle class uprising that may or may not happen. China is still largley a backwards ass country.

Everyone hates the US. Big surprise.

Agreed, religion should not be a focus of war. Religion has no place in modern society. It is a useless cruch keeping the human race in fear.

Viva la Revolution !!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Oh, and it worked out SO well for the United States when they armed the rebels (Taliban) against the Russians in Afghanistan now, didn't it?

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. If the USA arms the rebels, will become a major problem and a US War in Libya within 10 years.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Although I agree arming the rabbles is wrong, I disagree with your thread. America is taking a very much hands off approach to this conflict, yet the 9 reasons you gave were almost all about how it adversely affects America which comes across as classical American arrogance and its selfish to some extent. Out of those 9 I don’t think you have mentioned the three big reasons why WE (yes its not just America) should not arm the rebels.

Firstly it’s in breach of a UN arms embargo, secondly it will lead to a blood bath and thirdly this is not about regime change it is about protecting civilians by arming the rebels it sends a clear message to the world that this is indeed about regime change.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I wrote this after the media mentioned Obama still keeping the idea of arming rebels an option. I defined it as my opinion, and American citizen. I do not live in the middle east. I do not have family there, so my information is all 3rd party, so I can only give my reasons from my first person perspective. I would love to include a million of other reasons why we should not arm the rebels, but it would be speculative. Would it be a blood bath? would it be bad for the surrounding countries? I do not know these things.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is one of the best written threads i'v ever seen on ats, maybe the best. I completely agree 100%. We've strayed away from what made us great, our values, our attitude, our character all together as a country as changed. This use to be a country of innovators, of inventors, of people who came with a dream and accomplished it. This use to be a country of producers. And what are we now? Fat, whiny, consumers with a lazy and ignorant attitude,with no values, and no character. We use to have a constitution, we use to be the greatest country in the world.

all the best,
Jacob

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I'm sure there are hundreds of threads better written and more informative, though I appreciate your compliment. I dread the day this all blows up in our faces.

new topics

top topics

join