It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a "targeted individual" or a paranoid schizophrenic?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Psychotronic manipulations probably occur. I cant imagine the government not practicing these methods on certain individuals. Now, would it happen on mass, or against a few unlucky individuals. I think its the latter.

Given the volume of people who claim the government is "tapping" them, or sending magnetic frequencies from space to affect their consciousness, i think that has to do more with depression and paranoia, and overall loss of direction in life, plus the popularization of such ideas on TV and Movies, and especially online, filling their mind with such "depressing" ideas, than with anything else.

Truth is, the government puts much more money into manipulating natural psychological processes, than needing to use satelites in space in brainwashing people. Although im sure that is a concept they would like to explore further (brave new world being a prime example of such possibilites)

It is much easier, and infinitely more effective - by our current standards atleast - to control people through the dissemination of ideas. As the movie inception states, ideas can be a very poweful thing. It can destroy people. Everyone is a world. And ideas - very negative ones can take root in people whos worlds make them possible. Generally, a loss of roots and a connection to tradition, and spiritual meaning leads to depressio, which often leads to paranoia and terror (the consequence of confusion"....

Aliens dont need to exist. Same with underground bases, or most of the other crazy conspiracy theories. As long as they have you thinking they do, or atleast have you confused about it, they have you precisely where they want you: in the midst of terror.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
depression with psychotic features

is more common than schizophrenia

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

AWWW MAN!

sorry, Skyfloating, but andy1033 has been banned i'm afraid.

funnily enough today would have been his 7th anniversary

a moment of silence for a fellow departed member.

andy1033

Mood: Alone and glad

ATS Points: 47,397

Flags: 262

Stars: 5,701

WATS Index: 54

Threads Started: 214

Applause: 13

i do hope he's alright, and hasn't been gotten to.
i was very inclined to believe him as i myself was a victim of the Occult Version of being a TI 20 yrs ago.
he also seemed very intelligent and rational some of his threads are pretty good IMO.

before i forget again whats with the blank posts?
edit on 3-4-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths

I was in an MVA and was being followed, taped, and phone lines tapped. It all stopped when my case got settled.

But everyone excluding my husband did not believe me. It's a hard thing to go through... so I can feel for T.I's.

Thats pretty amazing. The REAL THING, eh? Thanks for sharing. Very important to get a balanced picture here.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I do remember andy. He is an example of someone I didnt believe because he would even accuse people of manipulating him that clearly werent. But he was sane enough to make plenty of lucid posts as well, so it was difficult to tell whether his allegations were true or not.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by InnerTruths

I was in an MVA and was being followed, taped, and phone lines tapped. It all stopped when my case got settled.

But everyone excluding my husband did not believe me. It's a hard thing to go through... so I can feel for T.I's.

Thats pretty amazing. The REAL THING, eh? Thanks for sharing. Very important to get a balanced picture here.

Yes, the REAL THING.

The ONLY reason I KNEW was because at one point in my life I used to be a P.I.
However, I would only investigate "infidelity cases", because it would be a conflict of interest if I worked for insurance companies like my brother's. I was also hired for private corps like Wal-Mart for loss prevention.

Because I was able to prove how much stress being a T.I has put me through, I won my case and it all stopped.
It's interesting seeing it from both sides...
edit on 4/4/2011 by InnerTruths because: spelling

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well in my experiences, there are times when i feel like there may be someone watching me. Though, i have never put it up to TPTB that were the ones watching me. I must ask myself this question regularly.. "Am I a schizophrenic or just paranoid? Or a paranoid schizophrenic? Or is it my borderline personality disorder? Or my depression & anxiety?" It's too hard to tell for me anymore, maybe they are just deliberately making us feel insane to make us fall deeper into their plans?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

a gp tryed to get me sectioned by saying i was paranoide.. luckily i knew a few rules and asked that the people on my doorstep would come back without my gp, and closed door. in a conversation at window instead , the mental health guy mentioned something that was a complete lie about my situation. so i asked the people if they wanted the eveince of the true facts. at that point .. they turned to the gp and said they would go .. i later agreed to see the mental helth nurse and dr .. told them the whole truth of situation . and since then had no bother from them strange . but true . but still having to fight a long cause as that is only a small part of my evidence that ive been harrased by local goverment.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

2. Paranoid Schizophrenia/Mental Illness

4. Overactive Imagination

5. Other Causes

My take - everyone has some degree of "ideas of reference" and "personal fable". Combine this with a bit of "confirmation bias" and that soupcon of creepiness you feel when you first start reading the old masters' tales about UFOs, the Illuminati and the like, and before you know it, that guy you keep seeing down at the Starbucks is maybe an AGENT!!

For a lot of people, all that fades in time and back to business as usual. But I think the topics in general attract people with overactive imaginations and schizophrenia. It's apparently pretty common in schizophrenia to feel as if you are being watched and as if your thoughts are out of your control - the two I know are that way although one's being watched by Satan from sink drains and the other has CIA implants to turn him into a sekret spy.

Pretty much every PS meme was hit on in the early 1800's by James Tilly Matthews, considered to be the first well-documented schizophrenic. Gang stalking, MIBs, device implants, "stealth cloaked" spies in his house, mind control of his neighbors to get them to spy on him, "electronic" harassment (although he didn't have microwave devices to blame, he did think that dwarves were hiding in the next house over using bar magnets on him to cloud his thoughts, make his skin burn, make him hear noises - pretty much everything claimed today), reading and control of his mind from a distance using a complex machine at the forefront of technology called the "AirLoom". You name it, he led the way. There's not many things you hear claimed by "targeted individuals" that Mathews didn't come up with first in 1810 or so, and in almost the exact form used today.

As I don't give much credence to bar magnet wielding spy dwarves, I have to assume that this is a common way in which paranoid schizophrenia manifests itself.

Of course, occasionally there IS something going on - there's the occasional training drill in civvies for some specialty military groups. Ok. I could see that looking pretty weird. But that's pretty rare, although you have to allow for it on the odd occasion I guess.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So a government that has sponsored things like MKUltra and many other black operations isn't guilty of targeting individuals? Naive thinking at its best.

home.roaddawgz.org...

FBI illegal phone taps....

news.cnet.com...

Government experimentation on individuals....

www.ranker.com...

Black ops are more frequent and broad reaching than anyone can even imagine; involving unsuspecting individuals and groups.

Peace protesters targeted ....

blogs.citypages.com...

Paranoia? Don't be naive!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
So a government that has sponsored things like MKUltra and many other black operations isn't guilty of targeting individuals? Naive thinking at its best.

What is naive thinking? To explore all possibilities?

Some of the stuff, as we have seen in this thread, is valid. The stuff you linked to is valid. Some of it is not.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

How about this....

www.alternet.org...

or...

www.eff.org...

You have absolutely no idea of how deep and pervasive the Patriot act reaches.
Here's a clue....

epic.org...

edit on 4-4-2011 by whaaa because: vii

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thanks for the good reads / additions. They dont directly concern TI's/Gangstalking but may have something to do with it.
edit on 4-4-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think its a combination of a few things.

The government has admitted that they target certain "suspicious" people for surveillance, this can encompass quite a wide range of different methods of observing the suspect.

The problem is that you would have to have given them a real reason to target you for observation beyond that which is routinely practiced on the population such as bag checks and TSA searches.

Remember that many people in East Germany were in fact reporting on their friends and relatives to the government

We can never really be sure of how extensive Big Brother really is but I think its safe to assume that they wouldn't waste many resources on and average person who doesn't engage in suspicious activity.

Personally, I've experienced certain paranoid periods. The problem is that there have been times when I thought people I knew were out to get me and it turned out to be true. I think a certain amount of suspicion is important when dealing with people outside of your most trusted circle.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
TBTB don't like the competition, But clearly no one can deny mental illness does exist. We are conditioned not only by this society but before by many others, that if you go against the "body politic" we will grind you into the ground. Bottom line? As long as you don't rock the boat feel free to be as crazy as the proverbial bed bug. Interfere with TBTB? You know the term a "non-person"? I have no doubt there are many who suffer from legitimate forms of mental illness, but it is so very easy to label "dissenters as crazy" . 500 years ago the European nations would brand you a heretic and you then you would die most publicly, as an example to the rest of us. Today? The media say's "you'r a nut" And we nod, OK, fine they must have some Devine wisdom we do not . Oh, B*LL S*** My brothers and sisters they know s***, no more then you or me.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

i think it depends from one case to another and causes may be similar in different cases but not really identical.i do believe some extravagant,eccentric ´outlaw´ may be induced to docility and silence but they can be rather hard to manipulate
)...the majority i guess just suffers from overactive imagination and lack of sense of reality,seeing only one type of movies or reading one type of books can produce that too
)..dont watch only apocalyptical,conspiracy or inception type of movie..
ok,they are good but you have to balance that with sth real.documentary on animals,places and so on..
secondary..if you really are convinced someone is controlling your activity aks yourselves if you care
)..just say:so what?
)..go ahead listen to my phonecalls,go ahead and learn everything about me ,try to analise me..i dont care!!
another hypothesi is that pple who feel they dont get enough attention,just like children, try to invent sth in order to get that attention..in time that sth becomes real for them,so they just lie to themselves until they are convinced of what they are saying...this is plausible if we think about our society becoming more and more anonymus..
i sometimes feel that we are all manipulated,not only me,through media streams mostly but also alimentation and other ways.i guess its a good exercise when you watch the news to try to understand the message beneath the message
..there is always sth beneath the surface of things(and its almost always sth negative
)..nothing surprises me anymore..

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I believe that this is a compilation of many different variables. As a child we see and hear our parents complain about taxes, sport games, presidential speech timing, politics, and even what is in the food. It is no surprise that so many individuals grow up thinking that people are changing things around just to make their lives more difficult. With cameras on every desk top, in every cell phone, and now in gaming systems it is hard not to feel like one is being watched. It is possibly the cause for the individuals that do become mentally unsound.

That being said I do believe that there are groups or programs that are designed to watch particular individuals however, I agree that something must be done to provoke it. Years ago I watched this movie (can not recall the name) there was a woman that utilized her library far too much yet was mistaken for someone else. "Big Brother" was watching everything she did and flagged her based on her checked out books, in the end it was a "Point of No Return" ending as far as I remember. (If anyone remembers this movie please let me know would love to see it again)

I believe in spirits external an internal, while one thinks something is following them sometimes it may just turn out to be guilt from the skeletons in ones own closet. The rest is not explained through science and is often debated yet entities are know to latch on to places or people sometimes creating the feeling of being followed or watched.

Individuals with mental inconsistencies can often have the same perceptions just magnified. I am amazed at how many functional individuals I have encountered that others feel should be further evaluated or locked up in a padded room for otherworldly thoughts or perceptions.

The government is far from trustworthy and this is often displayed on the news and in round table discussions leaving the masses rightfully concerned about their well-being prepared to bite the had that feeds due to tainted meals. If people truly felt that they were receiving the truth there would be less issues with this. I know there are people that would get the truth and still disbelieve yet this will always happen.

I used to make jokes about a "social security number lotto" implying that when we are born our number is placed in a hat and the first one plucked out for that year reaps all the rewards while the second one gets all the bad luck. I used to say this because I have the most random luck it is very strange. I have even had bills paid with no information left. I did not live a great life but the odd things always stand out. I often lived like a gypsy as this was how I was raised; when I am on the "radar" is when I noticed these things more having suffered the most when not.

I know that there are people that do need help to determine whether these things are real or not yet the fear they hold is real and should never be made light of. I am glad you made this thread it will hopefully allow people to truly think about how they perceive things.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I read through the thread and didn't notice anyone who stood out as having experienced any of this for themselves. I have been dealing with this issue for almost 10 years now, and feel as though it is ok for me to discuss it more openly. I don't have any real answers, but if anyone has questions, I can try and share what I THINK may be true and what my experiences have been like. I still question my own mental state at times, even though I know that the things that have happened to me are real. It's just easier to believe that you are mentally ill. People around me noticed some of the odd things too, however I think that it was easier to tell themselves it was just a coincidence or they were mistaken. No one WANTS to believe this could happen, much less to someone they know.

I don't know why and I have no idea who would do this. I stand out in no particular way at all. I was just a single mother working at crap jobs trying to keep a roof over our heads and food in our bellies. No drugs...No weirdos hanging around, no history of mental illness anywhere.--Just me and my daughter and eventually my little sister.

It started so small...I would come home from work and the dog would be acting all weird like someone had been in the house while everyone was gone and small things would be broken, once a picture had been wet under the glass--Someone would have had to take the frame apart to do that because the back of the picture was dry and the wet spot was just on the picture itself...under the glass in one spot. Weird little things you ignore because it seems so preposterous that anyone would go to such trouble for what seems like nothing but a useless prank. Then you hear conversations you had in the privacy of your own home repeated word for word by nearby strangers. I experienced most of the standard things...Bright headlights tailgating you at night, lot's of hang-up calls, re-directed phone calls with familiar voices. It is terrifying to realize that what you thought was a quiet little private life has suddenly become invaded, exposed and judged by an invisible, unprovable "army". It is the like the biggest thing I never saw, the loudest noise I never heard.

Not all of my experiences have been bad and now, in so many ways, my life is much better. It is as if someone saw how much better it could be for me and set about to wake me up and make me find my way to a better place. They have "told" me that I am loved, directed me places I needed to go, answered some of the weirdest questions I ever asked and introduced me to some wonderful people. Like perhaps they needed to shock me into paying attention to them so they could help. They have made me feel the most intensely wonderful things, and the worst you can imagine. They made me laugh so hard once I collapsed laughing to the floor...And still don't know what was so damn funny. I know the technology exists and is commercially available to the public. I know that it CAN be done. I just don't know WHY.

For now, I hide behind a diagnosis of late, sudden onset schizophrenia because it is safer and easier on the people who love me than trying still to convince them that it has all been real. I hope one day to be able to spit out the whole story about what continues to happen to me...And I wonder if I am the only one who has had a positive outcome. I've never heard of another TI that had anything good to say about the experience. I never thought I would, but I am a better, happier person in a much better place in my life and looking back over the last 10 years, I might actually think it may all have been worth it.

Please, if you have any questions please feel free to ask me. I will gladly provide any insight I think I have on the whole thing. Are some TI just mentally ill? Yes, I'm sure there are lots. I just know I'm not crazy.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Quiet honestly..

FB has amazing face detection for pictures.. it asks you to tag people..

Cameras have face detection...

There are cameras in all major cities..

Have u seen how far Google Maps can zoom? Imagine.. They have access to this real time..

They're watching ALL of us..

I don't know how some people AREN'T paranoid... It's crazy...

We're in the matrix...
edit on 4/28/2011 by heavenlysouldier because: the matrix

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Are there Targeted Individuals? Yes. But usually for a good reason. For a few short weeks I worked for a P.I. who did mostly worker's compensation fraud cases, and these people were followed, videotaped, investigated, and had their lives examined minutely.

I learned that there are websites and programs on which I can input a person's name and birthdate and get their addresses, phone numbers, jobs, relatives, criminal records, activities, and more as far back as 20 years, maybe more. As part of my first few days on the job I was instructed to investigate myself and was shocked at the amount of information that was readily available. Nearly all of my addresses from the first time I rented an apartment in my own name, all of my email addresses, all of my ex-spouses, my jobs and my school/college enrollments and activities - it was all there! The fact that I rarely stayed in one place longer than a few years and had 5 marriages, all with different names, didn't make any difference. My history going back to at least the early 80's was all there.

On the other hand, our investigations targeted specific people for very specific and temporary reasons, and my boss explained to me that this is usually the case. People who are suspected of insurance or worker's comp fraud, various types of public assistance fraud, or "white collar" crimes, may be followed and subjected to surveillance and videotaping 24/7 .. for a while. When the case is over, it's over, and people aren't usually targeted for no reason, at least in his experience.

In my own case I am rather vaguely annoyed to remain untargeted in spite of the fact that I freely post about conspiracies and my contempt for the US government and political figures and do nothing to hide my identity. Obviously I'm being ignored because they don't take me seriously in spite of all my subversive views and anti-government opinions - and the fact that I own GUNS! *sigh*

I even managed to avoid filing income taxes for three years, and all that happened was when I did file again (to get that $600 rebate thingy), they made me go back and file the three missing years before they would send my money (and they provided me copies of all my W2's and 1099's to do it with!!!).

Where am I going here? I know I had a point.. oh yeah .. I find it hard to believe that people are "targeted" for no good reason, or don't know why. If people are really being targeted for no more reasons than many of them claim, I should be targeted, too. But I'm not, and never have been.

I don't doubt that there are people out there who really are being targeted, but I think there are good reasons they are targets and that they probably know the reason if they would admit it. And then, of course, I think there are people who want to be targeted so they can feel important and have some excitement in their lives, plus the people who are mentally ill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join