It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Prime Ministers Give "Same" Speech on Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

What baffles me is that apparently they are unaware that each one read from the same speech and that it wouldn't become public. Wonder who really is running the show

edit on 3-4-2011 by Maymunah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Plagiarism on the world stage? Same staff writers, or do they get there stuff from an archive of past events and change it to there liking.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Bump ....This has been on the board before but should be renewed as we are having a election and the newbies could have a look at this ,if for nothing other than comming to realize our Govt. officals are just someones puppet ....peace

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maymunah

What baffles me is that apparently they are unaware that each one read from the same speech and that it wouldn't become public. Wonder who really is running the show

edit on 3-4-2011 by Maymunah because: (no reason given)

Hi Maymunah

I thought Mr Disraeli's comment most illuminating. I do not recognise the second PM but presume he was Canada's then PM.

Nothing is going to change this deception from the public, in which ever country one lives in, unless we stop big business and various political groups funding the campaigns of political candidates. The costs are huge in many countries for individual candidates to mount a campaign to get themselves elected to Government. So they must obviously be in debt to whoever 'donated' to their campaign funds. Although these donations should be public knowledge it makes no difference to the influence these backers obviously yield.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
What baffles me is that apparently they are unaware that each one read from the same speech and that it wouldn't become public. Wonder who really is running the show.
edit on 4/3/2011 by bladdersweat because: heheh

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bladdersweat
What baffles me is that apparently they are unaware that each one read from the same speech and that it wouldn't become public. Wonder who really is running the show.
edit on 4/3/2011 by bladdersweat because: heheh

LOL...Great minds must think alike. No conspiracy here then

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
Bump ....This has been on the board before but should be renewed as we are having a election and the newbies could have a look at this ,if for nothing other than comming to realize our Govt. officals are just someones puppet ....peace

Before I posted it, I thought surely someone brought this to the ATS table, but I typed in everything to do with the subject in search and nothing came up.
I was surprised and thought.....we now, I've found a nugget

Guess there is no way of finding out who wrote that speech is there?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
FTR, Stephen Harper wasn't Prime Minister when this speech was made.

It is rather illuminating to see this level of cohesiveness at the international level in trying to bring countries into the Iraq War back then.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
FTR, Stephen Harper wasn't Prime Minister when this speech was made.

It is rather illuminating to see this level of cohesiveness at the international level in trying to bring countries into the Iraq War back then.

That makes it even more suspicious that "whoever" would give the very same speech to The Australian Prime Minister and -I'm assuming- A candidate for PM in Canada? Also...where is the connection, two completely different cabinets. Are they both members of the G8, just out of curiosity?

Edit/Nope Australia is not a member.
edit on 3-4-2011 by Maymunah because: update/edit

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The most obvious option;

This is a forged message sent to every political party in the world that were supporting the invasion.

It was to push those sitting on the fence, off. To their side of course.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Countries are not run by charismatic and erudite leaders...

They are run by political parties (or their "sponsors") who script all 'official' or 'policy' announcements.

This holds true for most of the planet.

Funny how many people expect these people to be the author of their words.... despite knowing that it's political "theater."
edit on 4-4-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The connection between the two is Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of both Australia and Canada (both members of the Commonwealth). Perhaps they were pushing her agenda? (Then again, perhaps speeches are plagiarized from Google like Master's theses are.)

Either way, thank you for posting, it is an enlightening aspect of world politics, showing a potential collusion between political parties of different countries aiming to convince their populations of the necessity to follow the same path. Sure lends some weight to the "One World Order" conspiracy angle.

the Billmeister
edit on 6-4-2011 by Billmeister because: correction and link

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Supposedly said by Napoleon Bonaparte: 'Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.'

And thats all that happened in this case.

John Howard made the speech, and then a lazy speechwriter for Stephen Harper plagiarised it.
And then when it was found out, he got fired for his lazy incompetence.
Thats all.

More here...
Tory campaigner resigns over plagiarized speech

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Once while researching a current event I read numerous newspapers from around the US that shared the same date. I was surprised to find they would often print virtually identical stories(though ostensibly authored by different people) and place them in virtually the same page of the newspaper. And while channel flipping on TV, I have noticed the nightly news shows have virtually the same stories in the same sequence.

That is what 'freedom of the press' has come to in this country. But even as obvious as they are, I doubt most folks even notice.

top topics

join