It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am i the ONLY ONE that wants America to STOP with all of its INFOMERCIALS.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Here in australia we dont have to just put up with them at 2 in the morning, we also have to put up with the sh!t when we wake up in the morning. I agree, infomercials are out of control, they must be stopped

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kaoticf8

Old vince is pretty convincing haha
2nd?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I remember the original infomercials in America were ALL Aussie guys,
Aussie guys, with an American co-host who had to be convinced of the value of the product.
I think the first ones were some kind of bullet proof car wax.

SO it's no not all American's fault. I blame Crocodile Dundee.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
Here in australia we dont have to just put up with them at 2 in the morning, we also have to put up with the sh!t when we wake up in the morning. I agree, infomercials are out of control, they must be stopped

Agreed, there is nothing decent at all on Oz tv.(Except the rugby league.)
I understand your pain of waking up in the morning and turning on the picture box. Breakfast Tv is pathetic.(You gave me an idea for a future rant.)
Thank you for agreeing this madness must stop.
Or we will all end up like this

edit on 3-4-2011 by meathed because: Im a meathed

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I remember the original infomercials in America were ALL Aussie guys,
Aussie guys, with an American co-host who had to be convinced of the value of the product.
I think the first ones were some kind of bullet proof car wax.

SO it's no not all American's fault. I blame Crocodile Dundee.

Im sorry for mick dundee, and im sorry for our commercials too, as until i started this thread, i was unaware that we Aussies were and are trying to sell you the same crap.

As had i realised this was the case i would have changed the the title of the fant to, ARE YOU SICK OF FORIEGNERS TRYING TO SELL YOU CRAP ON THE TV THAT YOU DONT WANT OR NEED. I think that would of had a better ring to it, and would have reached a wider audience.

edit on 3-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
You're forgiven.
I hate them as much as you do.
There are some days when half the programming is infomercials.
I don't watch them. But they do have 2 minute versions that run like a regular commercial.
MY cable contract runs out in about 3 months. We're exploring our options.
edit on 4-4-2011 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
You're forgiven.
I hate them as much as you do.
There are some days when half the programming is infomercials.
I don't watch them. But they do have 2 minute versions that run like a regular commercial.
MY cable contract runs out in about 3 months. We're exploring our options.
edit on 4-4-2011 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

Its good to know that people hate them ads to.
The amount that are on the tv i thought everyone loves them in america.
I watched today as that leeza gibbons tried selling me sheer cover again. I nearly bought a bloody steam mop and this thing thats supposed to help my child speak, and i dont even have a child

I wish this madness will end and end soon.
I bet the cable companies will subliminally make you sign for another contract, sign for a new contract, you know you want to, you know you want to, sign, sign.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Heres another thing that is really annoying me
, Remember when Foxtel/Austar came out and it was commercial free TV? How things change quickly... Spend more time watching bullsh!t commercials than TV shows. And they make you pay more for it aswell now days.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
reply to post by meathed

Heres another thing that is really annoying me
, Remember when Foxtel/Austar came out and it was commercial free TV? How things change quickly... Spend more time watching bullsh!t commercials than TV shows. And they make you pay more for it aswell now days.

Let it out mate. Vent that anger.

Yep, i remember as i was sucked in too.
And i couldnt agree more about the crap on in between the shows and even during the programs now.
I had to force myself to watch that bloody ad for the sheer cover today, just so i could get angry again.
And the worse part about it i actually started to think that my life could be better off with sheer cover in it.

You need to wait until that ad comes on the tv, you know that ad you hate.
Wait until everyone is out of the house and when that ad you hate comes on the tv, SCREAM AT IT. Tell it is a crap ad, tell that ad that the person that made it is crap. Get angry, you will feel better if you release that anger.

edit on 4-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Sorry, its just me ranting again. Its 2am on the eastern coast of OZ and i am now watching that ad for that damn Bullet express.
Now who wants or needs to buy a crap machine at 2 in the morning? Do any of you????
Well i will answer for you. Answer.= No, you do NOT want to buy anything at 2 in the morning.
So why are they trying to sell something???????????.
Why , why, why,????
This is torture, this IS terrorism.
If the government is really serious about the war on terror they would stop these ads.
Please help me scream out with your posts, and maybe we might stop this madness.

Good luck my friends, i only hope you do not purchase any unwanted gifts over the phone in the near future.
It will be hard not to, but be strong

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join