It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Felt it was time I formally introduced myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers! I have been a member here for a couple of months now (lurking for about a year prior to that) and felt that it was time to introduce myself.
I guess I should start at the beginning, since that it usually the best place to start
I grew up in the rural NE Georgia mountains. Some of my earliest memories stem from being able to "read" the seasons. As a small child I based the calendar around the changing world around me. I could tell you the date (within a matter of days) simply by which flowers were blooming, which bugs were buzzing, etc. I have always felt a very deep connection with nature.
I was raised in a Christian household, though it was not a conservative one. We began attending a Presbyterian church around the time I was 9 years old. My first questionings of faith began at the age of 11, when my siblings and I had been sent to a private Christian school, and part of our studies were Bible classes. At the time the 1st Gulf War had begun, and I convinced myself that Sadam Housein was the anti-christ.

Through out the rest of my childhood and teen years there were many teachings that just didn't sit right with me. There was just to much that didn't make sense and I couldn't take "because the Bible tells us" as an answer, and I began my search into as many religions as I could find. Then a dear friend introduced me to the Pagan religions. With my "natural" connection to Mother Nature so strong, these teachings made much more sense to me than what the Christian Bible was telling me. For years I considered myself "Pagan", though with no specific path, but continued on my quest for knowledge. I now consider myself to be of no particular "religion" (I have a serious problem with authority
) but a culmination of everything I have learned.
Now, at to everything else ATS...
Like I said, I have a problem with authority. I have never believed everything I have been told and accepted the "because I said so" answer. I believe there are 3 sides to every story - yours, mine, and the truth. I take everything with a grain of salt, and try to hear every version before I come to my own conclusions.
I am not an "expert" in anything. I like to think of myself as a "jack-of-all-trades", and dabble in a little bit of everything. If it peaks my interest I will study it in a very obsessive manner.
I look forward to getting to know all of you here. I have always enjoyed a good debate, and feel that ATS is an amazing place to share what little bit I have to offer, and to learn so much more!
Please, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
I ask only one thing... Please remember why we are here on ATS. I have seen more petty arguments and hateful statements on here lately than there needs to be. We are all here to share our opinions, beliefs, and questions. There is no need to sling mud at each other. Let's agree to disagree, and help each other to find the answers to all of our questions.
Peace and love to you all

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

I am glad you decided to join. I will look forward to hearing more from you.

I also consider myself non religious after being a born again Christian in my younger years. Not saying that I don't believe in a creator....just not interested in organized religion.

May I ask what led you to this site?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Cya around the boards..

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Hi avatar22, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

I actually stumbled across ATS. Throughout much of my searching all over the web I keep finding links to threads here. I began lurking and realized that there were many brilliant minds here who weren't your "run-of-the-mill" conspiracy theorists. Decided then that ATS had a lot to offer, and I am now hooked!!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Welcome aboard and look foward to your posts and your feedback..

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!
I hope to see you in discussion.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

If you are looking for real truth about life´s puzzles I have an advice for you.

I recommend you to read the book Zhuan Falun in my signature link below. The book explains all the secrets about how to become a truly good person, opening your third eye, developing supernormal powers(inborn powers), our relationship with the cosmic characteristics etc etc.

In my opinion, as an engineering physicist, Falun Dafa(mind and body cultivation) is the future science of this world and it can explain all those phenomena I never could understand before, and it explains what all the old religions were really about..

The book was a bestseller in China during the 90s and then the communists banned it and started their terrible persecution of 100 million Falun Dafa practitioners(as you may realize the reasons of that persecution are no coincidence either, we live during the end of times as we know them - in my opinion).

In my opinion the book Zhuan Falun is the most important book to read and it is available free of charge to anyone wanting to input a few hours of their allotted time on earth.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Thank you so much! I will be sure to check this out and add it to my studies!!! I'm always up for new info/viewpoints!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22
reply to post by Gaussq

Thank you so much! I will be sure to check this out and add it to my studies!!! I'm always up for new info/viewpoints!

Good luck!

PS: Remember the book is very hard to finish reading, your thought karma will try to stop you all the time, it knows it will be eliminated if you keep doing it for a long time. Just keep it in mind and persevere until the end is my advice...

top topics

join