It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free education from one of the top schools in America.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have wanted to see if I could learn as much as someone who took the classes.

You could look at the number of hours needed for a major, and the classes in each department. You could buy the books and do all the reading. Read the lecture notes. Do the assignments. Some of these sites even have the tests.

Do all that for a major. Do it at MIT, Harvard, and several places. I believe if you did that you could be comparable with someone who took that major. I think if you sat down with someone you would be intellectually on the same level.

That also could be a great thing to do if you wanna compliment another major while in school.

The only thing you need is time, discipline, and money. It might start to add up, but would be nothing compared to paying for the classes.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Great find and sure to be useful for a lot of us. For me it can offer a "pre" biology course(s well as other subjects), for free. I love to learn and that will help in the advancement of my career.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Damn, I almost wish I wasn't already busy with my regular schoolwork so I could really dive into the curriculum! Thank you for this! There are a number of free lectures online as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthFreedomNow
There are a number of universities that have OpenCourseWare (OCW) available online. Here's a link that lists a few of them from Stanford to U of South Queensland.

More Universities with the Best Free Online Courses

There's also a ton of textbooks available on the web for drastically reduced prices....sometimes free. Here's the info from just one link:

Free Education Books and Textbooks

* Free Tech Books - This site offers a wide range of free computer science and programming textbooks, lecture notes and ebooks.

* Open Book Project - This site, which is dedicated to the free and open dissemination of knowledge, is a great place to find free textbooks and other educational materials.

* Textbook\Media - A wonderful selection of textbooks and educational materials are available for free download at Textbook Media. Students can get free access to these materials by choosing 'sponsored' books, which include brief 'study break' ads.

* Textbook Revolt - Students fight back against the high cost of textbooks on this site by offering up their used books for free or renting them for a low cost.

* Textbook Revolution - Textbook Revolution is one of the best sites on the web to find free textbooks and other educational materials.

Places to Find Free Books Online

TFN

Awesome mate,thanks for that.I have posted a number of links to similar sites last year if anyone is interested you can find them here www.jehovahs-witness.net...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
Everyone should be entitled to a free education.
As knowledge is power.

No-one is entitled to anything in this world, IMHO.

Still, the OP's link is great.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

If I am not mistaken Harvard also shares classes via webcam free of charge. Very generous of them.

S&F!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join