It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updated: U.S. Highway 101 to be shut down for two weeks north of Garberville

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Updated: U.S. Highway 101 to be shut down for two weeks north of Garberville

www.times-standard.com

The California Highway Patrol estimates both directions of traffic on U.S. Highway 101 in Southern Humboldt will be closed for an estimated two weeks.

CHP Officer Len Johnson said the freeway appears to have buckled 50 feet in both directions from where the mud slide occurred at about 9:20 a.m. today, about one mile north of Dean Creek and five miles north of Garberville.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Interesting claim being made about a highway in California, photos show what looks like a buckled road surface, you'd think earthquake.
But no, there calling it a mudslide and this is why the highway buckled in both directions, but it looks more like a seismic movement event.
Will need to look for more updates as time moves on with this latest strange event.

www.times-standard.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-4-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
If it were an earthquake I think that would be easily verified by people in the area, not to mention USGS data would also show it ..

I wouldn't be surprised if a mud slide did that

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I live in this area. There was no quake. It's just good ol mother nature doing what she does best. I agree that the road appeared buckled.
There is a great story of a guy whose clipboard literally may have saved his life. I will attempt to put the link in, but I'm still an ATS retard as to how to do things round here.
www.times-standard.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Nothing new here in California. We've had enough precipitation
here to make the state declare the drought has ended.
Here's some pics of the mudslide.
kmud.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragynfly
I live in this area. There was no quake. It's just good ol mother nature doing what she does best. I agree that the road appeared buckled.
There is a great story of a guy whose clipboard literally may have saved his life. I will attempt to put the link in, but I'm still an ATS retard as to how to do things round here.
www.times-standard.com...

It's great to get conformation on these kind of things. And to the other poster about the USGS posting earthquakes, they don't always post all of them. I've found on very many occasions that where other places had info on tremors USGS didn't.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I hate being the grammar cop here, but does this site discourage people from actually using the correct versions of:

they're/there/their
our/are
a/an
to/too/two

?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jewston

No, at the same time this isn't grammar school.

Nice story btw.
edit on 3-4-2011 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jewston
I hate being the grammar cop here, but does this site discourage people from actually using the correct versions of:

they're/there/their
our/are
a/an
to/too/two

?

the deny ignorance part i had always assumed. people dont use it for much else =P no offense to this thread, good so far

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jewston

they're/there/their
our/are
a/an
to/too/two

?

Sorry Miss Peabody, it was late and I didn't proof read my work, do I get a D minus at least for screwing up one word. While your at it, can you proof read all the rest of the threads and post on ATS, that should keep you busy for awhile. Now this post should be deleted by the mods for being off topic, but I do hope that you'll be able to read it before then.
And by the way, I did not know that there were grammar police that patrolled the site, I must have gotten away with other errors in spelling as do most.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I think part of the confusion as to quake versus slide is that the road is constructed on a hillside, not on flat ground. I'll bet that the ground directly under the road was pretty saturated, being part of the saturated hillside, and gave way, causing the buckling of the road.

At various points along west coast CA hwys. I've seen pipes sticking straight out horizontally from the hill side of the road, I think to help drain away water building up that might cause a landslide. Sometimes water running out looks like a faucet turned on.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jewston

You forgot your/you're
I too have noticed people don't know their grammar. Maybe we are perfectionists. Mistakes do happen, but even titles of threads are often messed up.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Just to keep aware of what has been going on with earthquakes and to also remember that not all earthquakes are reported on the USGS website.

This dated March 30th 2011

To get other links go to the youtube link of this video.

audio was a little out of sync.

Here's the Japan Quake map
www.japanquakemap.com...

join