It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What religion is god? is he Jewish, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim? or is god just a giant brain

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I have been wondering for some time now, are we really just a "brain cell" in the mind of god or some super being? Let me say I'm anti organized religion but do think of myself as spiritual I believe perhaps there is a god or super intelligence of some sort, but I can not prove that and I struggle with this.

I am in no way trying to dis anyone's belief system or faith or religion I present this idea simply as food for thought.

I wanted to compare the an image of the Universe with an Image of the Neurons of the human brain, They look similar in way.

Links if you would like to read more about either of these here:

www.nia.nih.gov...
www.atlasoftheuniverse.com...

This is just a wild idea I had and started thinking about this while reading various works on the occult it go's like this "As above, so below" I wonder are we all just a "brain cell" in the gigantic brain of god? Brain cells live and die every moment in our own bodies we don't feel them die, we don't realize they died we just go on and new cells are generated to take there place. Just imagine If all of us are each a single brain cell in the mind of god or the super being what does that mean?

I would guess we wouldn't as a single cell be all that important, it would be the "whole" all of the brain cells that would be critical.

In keeping with my Universe comparative I ask, SO what happens to us when we die? do we become like a supernova?

They play a significant role in enriching the interstellar medium with higher mass elements.[10] Furthermore, the expanding shock waves from supernova explosions can trigger the formation of new stars.[11][12][13]

So the death of a star enriches our universe, nothing is wasted it seems and that makes me wonder in what way our death would enrich the universe? if As above, so below is true then our energy would continue into the primordial soup. Which brings me to my list of questions, like what religion is god? is he Jewish, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim? Does he prefer one over the other? What if I never heard of any of these faiths? what if I didn't know in the existence of a heaven or hell? I wonder do all Baptists live on the same street in Heaven? or do they intermingle with the Catholics and Muslims? Honestly I don't believe god or a super intelligence needs any religion or prefers one over the other, in fact I don't think we get to keep our ego I believe we become like the supernova..we go back to being like the tiny drop of water that was separated from the ocean, we return to the vastness of space and join the whole. I think collectively we ARE the mind of god..
For more about Supernova's and what they are:
Link: en.wikipedia.org...

For more information on Hermeticism:
Link en.wikipedia.org...
As above, so below

The Magician displaying the Hermetic concept of as above, so below.

These words circulate throughout occult and magical circles, and they come from Hermetic texts. The concept was first laid out in The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus, in the words "That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above, corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracles of the One Thing".[18] In accordance with the various levels of reality: physical, mental, and spiritual, this relates that what happens on any level happens on every other. This is however more often used in the sense of the microcosm and the macrocosm. The microcosm is oneself, and the macrocosm is the universe. The macrocosm is as the microcosm, and vice versa; within each lies the other, and through understanding one (usually the microcosm) you can understand the other.[40]

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
hmm how interesting. Funny thing, I had this same idea that God is some kind of mother brain when i was younger. I never understood why the 3 major religions were apart considering each preach the same general message. Peace. Funny how some people think alike (sort of).

Sorry op if I didn't add much to the discussion. I just thought it was worth mentioning.
edit on 3-4-2011 by anon102 because: missing words.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about trying to understand the universe as "the brain of God."

But it is a rather poetic expression.

The similarity in structure is interesting. But I think it could be described as sort of a "spongy" structure, and I think other biological forms besides the brain have a structure like this.

"Modern" science has the function of the brain all confused with the function of the mind.
If the universe has some sort of higher function, then it could be similar to the actual function of the brain, which is coordination and control.

The brain is for sure not the source of creative imagination, or any higher-level creative mental expression. And neither is the universe. In the cycle of cause-action-effect, God is over at the "cause" side of the cycle, and the universe is over at the "effect" side.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

Here's something to ponder. If you were god. And you loved your creations. And you were your creations in some way shape or form. Would you bind them to one specific religion? Or would you love them for who they are knowing they are imperfect children of the universe?

God is all and all is god. I doubt he is bound to any one sect or cult that man follows. In some way shape or form man in many ways follow the same god. Being that we are a world of individualism wouldn't it make sense for god to sell himself in many varieties as to appeal to the variety of people?

Let me know your opinion and what you think.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
God is of no religion........

The Tao

Looked for but not visible, such a Being may be colourless. Listened for but not heard, such a Being may be called Silent. Grasped for but not caught, such may be called Concealed. No one can comprehend the ultimate source of these three qualities, but they are found in one Being. Though not luminous yet below Him there is no darkness. Being infinite He cannot be described. All His shapes keep returning to nothingness, thus we can say He is Shapeless; His image is without form. He is beyond comprehension (being the rarest of things). Try to reach His beginning, no beginning can be seen. Seek His end, no end can be perceived. Therefore, follow the ancient ways and improve your present.'

He is indivisible and His true nature cannot be grasped. All creation originates from Him. He existed before heaven and earth were created. He is One and alone without form or sound. He exists independently without any support. Nothing changes in Him. He is in constant motion, but never tires. He can be called the Begetter of the universe.'

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Religion is a human construct.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Religion is a human concept.
So therefore he is nothing, yet all.

Troubleshooter beat me to it.
Good on ya trouble ,great minds think alike

edit on 3-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2011 by meathed because: Im a meathed

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Since spirits lie to people often, and most spirits tell people to stay away from the God of the Hebrews, I would guess that the Abrahamic God is true. Read Spirit of the Rainforest.

If you believe in spiritual warfare, the confusion between religions makes a lot of sense. On the other hand if you believe all spirits are good or have good intentions nothing will make sense.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

Being that we are a world of individualism wouldn't it make sense for god to sell himself in many varieties as to appeal to the variety of people?

I doubt that God needs to sell himself, as he probably already appeals to all those who are receptive to his presence. Also, I believe that if God is to be found within, then the way to realize God within is necessarily the same for everyone, as all humans are essentially built the same.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I reckon God is closer to the giant brain concept than what most people who follow those religions think. But I reckon there are fairly accurate, albeit incomplete, descriptions of God scattered throughout the holy texts of all religions. I think people often misinterpret their holy books and don't realize that different religions speak of the same God and that if we pooled our knowledge together rather than fight over who's is right then perhaps we could all get to know God better.

I also got a few more pics showing the similarity between neurons and super-clusters here.
edit on 3-4-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Good post. I kinda agree with your premise. It's where my own belief system is heading. At the very least, it sure takes some of the sting out of losing a loved one.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Duh, He is a Discordian... He's also a crazy woman.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PinkAndBlack
Duh, He is a Discordian... He's also a crazy woman.

Hail, Eris!

As most have said...the Creator (God), or what man chooses to name him/her...is in ALL, both above and below...your thought is much like one I had when younger...but I likened the universe to a very, very large body....containing cells. Within the cells were molecules, then atoms, protons, neutrons...each a universe unto it's own...so, yes, I enjoyed your thoughts and found them quite intelligent...not just poetic.

Most humans have a problem thinking outside the box and must create what makes them feel comfortable in order to explain to themselves who or what created them. Many will never realize the Creator is with them all the time...by trusting in themselves they in turn believe and trust the Creator.

as above, so below...always has been...always will be.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
i thought the exact same thing!

that the filaments of the Universe look like neurons.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
Religion is a human concept.
So therefore he is nothing, yet all.

Troubleshooter beat me to it.
Good on ya trouble ,great minds think alike

edit on 3-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2011 by meathed because: Im a meathed

So is God
edit on 3/4/11 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by anon102

I love the idea of "Mother Brain" and that's kinda where I was trying to go with my post. That we are in fact cells within the Mother Brain, Thanks for getting it as for the 3 major religions and the divergence in the dogma it's sad that people choose not to expand their thinking and wonder why there are elements of likeness in what they all preach I have some friends who are hard core Christians and they very threatened by this sort of talk. In fact they think I'm off to Hell, which who knows maybe I am but I just can not believe in everything they say, and of course you added something to the post Thanks for stopping by!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

Being that we are a world of individualism wouldn't it make sense for god to sell himself in many varieties as to appeal to the variety of people?

Indeed that makes perfect sense, however (sigh) those believers reject others religion and will do and go to horrific lengths to either convert them to the "True" religion or if they choose not to join, they become non-believers or infidels something to kill or rail against in the pulpit on Sunday. I know that most people who are brought up in a certain faith, I was brought up a Baptist..find it almost impossible to leave what they know. Because of fear I suspect. Perhaps religion is a jumping off point for determining what is god..what is god within yourself. What is god within others? And ask yourselves what religion is god?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

But it is a rather poetic expression.

Humanity is full of poetic expression, look at the marvels we have created and continue to create, your post is wonderful example of poetic expression, so beautifully stated. If we are a tiny drop of ocean water who will at some point return to the great source the ocean we become and were never apart from the Brain of god. We only think we are separate but like the cells in our own brains they may do different functions or control different things in our body, so it is with the mind of god? Millions of cells all working inside our heads to do the job they were meant to do..kind of like all of us here on planet earth..the universe really it all works just like not only our brain but our entire body, we don't have to think about making our heart beat it just knows what to do..I don't know I could be wrong..Thanks for the reply it was very thought provoking.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

God is all and all is god.

You are confusing creation with the creator, when you look in nature you see the same, we are the best example, we can create. This is new age philosophy that everything is everything. I don;t find it to be the case.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Religion is a human construct.

That needs to de-constructed..the sooner the better. Let's try and reach for the truth and some reason does humanity really need to have "religion" to function? I wonder could people go a day and loose their religion? What if there was no Bible? why do people need those books?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join