It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

800 dead in Ivory coast, when are we going to get involved?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Oh wait, they're blacks. We don't care if they kill each other.

Continue on with the rest of your weekend U.S.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Sad but true. Now if there was oil or natural resources we could use.....different story.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

As much as I feel your pain, I think it has more to do with their Economic resources rather than them being black. If Ivory Coast was saturated with oil/water/coal etc , I think we would have already set up shop there.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
What about France? UK? Oh wait....the worlds problems are the US fault even when other countries do the same.

Better yet, send them over here so they can live off of our government.
edit on 3-4-2011 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

link   
Probably more to do with if there is oil there or not

Lol Its pretty bad when every post posted while i was still writting mine included something to do with 'if there was oil' haha so sad lol
edit on 3-4-2011 by kaoticf8 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by raiders247

I agree with you. Maybe if our cars start running on ivory we will be over there in a flash.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I had to star this.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Lol thanks, I like stars.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
reply to post by raiders247

I agree with you. Maybe if our cars start running on ivory we will be over there in a flash.

A genuine lol! Its just sad and Im in a mood tonight I guess.
This world is just so brutal.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It's also the fact that if the UN were going to get involved in another war, I'm pretty sure we'll start seeing posts here on ATS that would criticize their actions like we are seeing with libya.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

World affairs just seem so hopeless and when I try to comprehend what the UN is doing (when/where they do it) I can't wrap my head around it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Too many people have too many varying opinions these days and that's thanks to the media who are the masterminds behind this. Nobody is essentially right or wrong. All I can say is don't let situations that are quite foreign affairs ruin your own personal daily lives.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
What is wrong, not high enough for you? want to get involved and make it 8000? This troubles in Ivory Coast have been coming to a head for months, it will be over soon and things will settle back down.

The African Union along with the UN have been watching it and both are supporting the action undertaken, not like in Libya.
edit on 3-4-2011 by kwakakev because: Added part on AU and UN

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
reply to post by BLKMJK

As much as I feel your pain, I think it has more to do with their Economic resources rather than them being black. If Ivory Coast was saturated with oil/water/coal etc , I think we would have already set up shop there.

Au Contraire... Three words, Mars, Hershey, and Nestle.
www.corpwatch.org...
The average American eats about 10-12 pounds of chocolate a year, multiply that by three hundred million Americans and figure in the rest of the world as well, then it's pretty staggering to realize that the Ivory Coast alone produces almost half the world's supply of cocoa. That isn't chump change by any strecth of the imagination and I have a hard time believing the western corporate world isn't already waist deep in what's happening there.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
What about France? UK? Oh wait....the worlds problems are the US fault even when other countries do the same.

Better yet, send them over here so they can live off of our government.
edit on 3-4-2011 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

Wat? I see where your going but don't agree with your apparent distorted perspective. I don't care what other countries do, it is what my tax money is being spent on. It is sickening.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Aww..c'mon now, it has nothing to do with the fact they are black. They just don't have the same geopolitical importance. Maybe if Ivory Coast had some sort of major resource that we could exploit or if it were in a more strategic place on the globe the US would intervene. Chocolate is yummy but it doesn't run cars

edit on 3-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Errr.

Why not their neighbors?

Why didnt the arab league take care of Libya?

Why didnt the rest of africa take care of darfur?

The US needs to let all these mindless idiots kill themselves. We're tired of our guys dying for what others wont.

I'm glad International week is over. Would have really sucked if Drogba got nailed!
edit on 3/4/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Off-topic, but: With the avatar you have, shouldn't your username be "DarthDoggie"?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Definitely not chump change, but probably pretty insignificant when compared to oil?

Thanks for educating me though, I didn't know Ivory Coast produced so much cocoa, I thought most of it came from South America.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
reply to post by BLKMJK

As much as I feel your pain,

Nope...I don't feel his pain nor do I care to. He take take his reverse racist, victim card, psychological bull$hit and shove it.
edit on 3-4-2011 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join