It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eruption at Sakurajima! Multiple UFO's visible from different angles!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I hear your point, but that still doesn't explain what this is. I'm all for the skepticism, as you can see my posts aren't slanted one way or the other, but this is just strange to say the least. I can't admit to myself that this is a lens flare, not after watching it over and over and comparing it to the other angles.

I think the stars theory from above is solid, i also think it is quite possibly a simple lens flare. It is certainly no an alien craft or anything of that sort

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I hear your point, but that still doesn't explain what this is. I'm all for the skepticism, as you can see my posts aren't slanted one way or the other, but this is just strange to say the least. I can't admit to myself that this is a lens flare, not after watching it over and over and comparing it to the other angles.

I think the stars theory from above is solid, i also think it is quite possibly a simple lens flare. It is certainly no an alien craft or anything of that sort

Yeah I don't think it's lens flare, especially after seeing the time lapse version .. it seems pretty clearly to be stars, especially since the same thing can be seen pretty much every day it seems.. I doubt UFO's are just hanging out around the volcano for weeks/months on end ..

Stars folks

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Yeah I don't think it's lens flare, especially after seeing the time lapse version .. it seems pretty clearly to be stars, especially since the same thing can be seen pretty much every day it seems.. I doubt UFO's are just hanging out around the volcano for weeks/months on end ..

Stars folks

It is likely, the one reason I am not totally sold on that theory is that some of the videos show the anomaly in front of the volcano.

Its still quite obvious it is a constant, whatever it is, meaning it is not a flying object of any kind

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
If a Volcano is erupting...
A lot of witnesses would be looking...Any reports from them or just a video?
I stay on the fence here.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I thought it could be stars too, but what makes them visible in broad daylight? Ocassionaly I can see 1 or 2 stars faintly in an afternoon sky, but nothing like this. Does it have something to do with the gases being ejected from the volcano? I'll buy the stars theory, but with a little more explanation please.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

I understand completely...to me,instead of going into things thinking things are not real,do what i do and go into things like this, thinking that it is until someone shows proof that it isnt...it makes things more interesting

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Truthfully, looking at all of the videos again, i think it is a combination of lens flare AND stars. The daylight ones clearly show lens flare, as it moves WITH the camera (ever so slightly), and the night show stars.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Or could be ash close to the cameras...
with a combo of flares off the scratched up camera covers ???

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Just watched it again and I cant help but notice the top right camera angle shows a bright daytime sky. I have never seen stars in a bright lit sky, it just doesn't make sense to me. If they are stars, what is causing them to appear to be flashing?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Just watched it again and I cant help but notice the top right camera angle shows a bright daytime sky. I have never seen stars in a bright lit sky, it just doesn't make sense to me. If they are stars, what is causing them to appear to be flashing?

Stars appear to flash in video, and to the naked eye, all the time.

I still contend the ones in daylight are an anomaly of the camera and nothing else. The camera vibrates in multiple of the videos, and if you watch, you see the anomalies do it too.

Also, they appear in the EXACT same place in some of the frames of some of the videos, which would lend credence to the idea that it was a dirty/scratched lens.

There is not one thing that I can see that convinces me anything other than camera anomaly in the daylight videos.
edit on 3-4-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

So if I set a camera up facing the daytime sky tomorrow, I should get footage of something similar?

I have 20/20 vision and have never once seen stars flash like that with my naked eye, this is very new to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

So if I set a camera up facing the daytime sky tomorrow, I should get footage of something similar?

I have 20/20 vision and have never once seen stars flash like that with my naked eye, this is very new to me.

No, but if you recreate the same conditions this camera is in, i bet you will.

Im not really going to debate whether or not stars flash here, as its not really my contention that they are stars anyway, but yes, stars can appear to flash all the time.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Well I have never seen anything like that before, but I have seen UFO activity near volcanoes in past videos. What is with the flashes? To me it looked like the volcano was reacting violently to the flashes. Those white things that come up from the volcano also looked similar to the UFOs in the Japan tsunami videos. Ancient aliens on the HIStory channel mentioned one time that there was often UFO activity recorded near disasters in the past. I wonder if there is anything to that? Everyday lately I swear, something else odd that happens somewhere in the world.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gerizo
What is with the flashes? To me it looked like the volcano was reacting violently to the flashes. .

Looks to me like it was just volcanic lightning, and it came out like this on film.

But is it just me (as I only watched the video twice), or are the "stars" moving way too much, and some come in and out of the screen, especially notable in the top left view.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I really only see them in the top left camera.. and unfortunately, that camera is the most disrupted by what appears to be passing motorists.. I wish there were better views... as for now.. its just dots in the sky... which yeah, technically = UFO..

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Flares

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

My biggest concerns are..........the top 2 video feeds don't have time/date stamps.
And the bottom left which is of the same angle as the top left, just closer, YET you cannot see any of the same light flashes.

I am a believer, but this doesn't completely add up in my eyes. And something THIS AMAZING would have hit the news EVERYWHERE!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Truthfully, looking at all of the videos again, i think it is a combination of lens flare AND stars. The daylight ones clearly show lens flare, as it moves WITH the camera (ever so slightly), and the night show stars.

Those two causes exist in the video plus a third cause:

Originally posted by RainbowSherbert

Originally posted by Gerizo
What is with the flashes? To me it looked like the volcano was reacting violently to the flashes. .

Looks to me like it was just volcanic lightning, and it came out like this on film.

Yes I see what may be some volcanic lightning flashes also.

There appear to be at least 3 separate causes for the phenomena observed.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Whats shooting across the sky in the bottom right cam at 4:56 its definitely not coming from the volcano and its too fast to be a terrestrial craft looks like a meteor but really low thats in the earths atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Stars appear to flash in video, and to the naked eye, all the time.

I still contend the ones in daylight are an anomaly of the camera and nothing else. The camera vibrates in multiple of the videos, and if you watch, you see the anomalies do it too.

Also, they appear in the EXACT same place in some of the frames of some of the videos, which would lend credence to the idea that it was a dirty/scratched lens.

There is not one thing that I can see that convinces me anything other than camera anomaly in the daylight videos.
edit on 3-4-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

They do appear to move however, even in the daylight videos .. I watched very closely where there was a cluster of three and sure enough just as in the time lapse photo, that cluster of three went down and to the right .. each one that I checked out seemed to do the same.

I personally still say stars.. they can very well be visible in the day depending on the environment, the conditions and of course the time of day.. I wouldn't expect to see them at noon when the sun is directly overhead

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join