It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plato's Cave: The Matrix of Reality.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
The mind is seen as the master in this society. Because this is believed so strongly, it is easy to control the masses. The mind is THE system the the matrix movie is talking about. The mind has been manufactured, built by the machine. We have been made into machines to produce more machines.
Good machines can not go against the machine, because they totally believe that they are machines. The strive to make others conform to the machine because they feel that if a cog is out of place it endangers the whole system, which includes them.
The mind has been feeding from the propaganda machine since it was born.
The good news is THE MIND IS A MACHINE. Claim it back, it is a tool for you to use.
When you realize that you are not the mind and that really the mind is a tool, like a any other tool use it only when needed. No longer will you be at the mercy of mind, the mind will be at the mercy of you.
Put the mind and it's fantasies in it's rightful place, at your feet.

In order to remove yourself from the machine. You must first realise that you have become apart of the machine. Only through recognition of yourself can you then depart and claim your freedom.

Only if all the other tools would see this. But most are comfortable where they are and don't mind being a tool used by the machine.

Would it not be more accurate to suggest it is the brain which is controlled, and is the mechanistic part of the mind, which is joined with the soul, i.e the mind is part of our soul, the brain the constrianed physical mechanism, integrated into the "shadows" of what we perceive to be reality, just my opinion but I always feel the mind is the more lucid free part of us, and the brain the cold mechanism which reasons us into conformism.

Just a thought

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
Upon reading the opening of this thread, and watch the analogy, I began to wonder.

Information in the same way as energy cannot be destroyed either, so with that in mind, my question is where energy manifests in changing forms, is the same could be true of information, where does all of our information go when we are reborn again ? is it still with us ? but latent locked away only to be released upon death ? or is it transfered or imprinted into the light, and reunited with us upon death of a future rebirth ?

Any ideas ?

Loving this thread by the way

It might be that those thoughts are recycled through out the universe. For example the man who invented the wheel. Surely he wasnt the first to think of it. I'm sure somewhere in the universe the wheel was millenia old. Could the invention had come from somewhere out in the cosmos to earth? And recycled through the man who re-invented it?

Who knows but I think it sure is a possiblity!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Refreshingly nice to have a positive thread

The only thing stopping us from stepping away from our 9-5's and the routines and the materialism is the fear that we can't support ourselves, which is not just an insult to our ancestors, but is an example of the mind frame a slave develops even when the chains are removed. We are capable of anything, but the first step is to step realise this.

If we all worked together as one we could achieve anything.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

Yeah I think in relation to my question anything could well be a possibility

Of course I guess past life regression that some people undertake could mean the info remains with out energy, or perhaps it could be something to do with a theory I have read about, the holographic principle which I know I have mentioned before on another thread, I find this theory quite intriguing, as it relates to reality being a hologrphic image that is projected from the edge of the universe spreading outwards from that point, but it would mean the entire universe is a projected image (I think I understood that right ?) fascinating concept.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Just keep your mind open we have alot to learn yet in our fascinating journey through the universe. And remember we are all one. Namaste

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Oh I see. The bodi first of all would not know himself as such. The incarnation in which a bodi now lives will not be one where the bodi walks around saying to himself "I am Bodi, I am here because" etc. This soul would not be looking around for others to save. He would naturally save or help along those around him in this life without question. Rather simple really. I imagine a true bodi would find himself in a relationship where if the thought occurred to him that he might be bodhisattva , he would also not be sure if it was he who was here to help the other or indeed that it might be the other who was here to help him.

As I find myself now, I have an inclination that I might be. However it may be my wife who is. And of course maybe neither. Who knows. Who cares. We live our lives if we can in tune with our highest wishes.

Another thought I have had is that if all arrive at the point of departure, or transcendence would not all become bodhisattva? What a party. After you, no, after you, no no after you .

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I believe that our brains are more than capable of shifting their awareness and perception, however, for some reason, we are unstable, and as a result, our perceptions have to be controlled in order to prevent us from falling into more negatively perceived realities. To a person that has never seen the "other side", even the slightest apparition would trigger a fearful response, and if the controls of the mind were to be released, then it would create a hellish reality for the people concerned.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Maybe maybe not. Each person is different in how they respond to things while I believe some people are unstable. And may slide down into a negative reality. I would like to think most would be able to find the positive and learn from it. I guess this is why many of us are on many paths.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

To me to mind is only one thought at a time. Mind and brain (same thing) produces one thought at a time, and if it is heard, these thoughts are just echos and are harmless. Only when the thought is believed does the problems start.
Unfortunately most people are unaware of their thoughts so can not even check to see it they are believable, the thoughts and beliefs are unconscious. The unconscious thoughts that run your life have been put there by the system you live in (matrix), so everyone is part of the system. That's why people report others for misdemeanors, we out sheep the sheep, we no longer need a sheep dog. We are sheep herding sheep, keeping everyone in line.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

That is why fads and popular choice rules the world. If you don't fit in or try to you will be expelled from the herd. Individualism may one day go extinct. Because people have difficulties accepting that which is different to them.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

People do have trouble accepting things that are different, because we have been trained by the system. Ever heard the phase divide and conquer? Governments, chuches and politics divide people, that's their job. Society is easier to control when it is divided.
When we realize that we are all one, then no division is possible.
There really is no individual anything unless you use the word universe.
We are one ocean waving.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

People do have trouble accepting things that are different, because we have been trained by the system. Ever heard the phase divide and conquer? Governments, chuches and politics divide people, that's their job. Society is easier to control when it is divided.
When we realize that we are all one, then no division is possible.
There really is no individual anything unless you use the word universe.
We are one ocean waving.

Couldn't have said it better myself. And good luck to you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join