It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plato's Cave: The Matrix of Reality.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

Yeah it is those things like pushing jersey shore that keep the youth glued to the tv. That and video games idk if you ever read the book 1984. But to me it seems that we are already in that scenario and moving into it even more. You only know what the government wants you to know. And if they change it then that's the way it's always been there never wrong.

But don't tell anyone sittin in the cave that. They like to be disillusioned.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
reply to post by Vicarious10000

In one doctrine the manifest becomes real for us through a process that begins with the creator, the passes to the king and queen (dual principles), who pass to the ether where the forces imprint the created on to the manifest plane we reside in.

The inverted tree is a similar symbolism in Mayan/Toltec, Western (Sumerian til current) and to some extend East (Shinto has Gods/Molds for all plants and animals).

Don't let anyone discourage you from your pursuit. Society is false and unnatural. There is no community only have and have not. Humanity is the lost sheep Jesus looked for while nature is the 99 he could find.

If we all worked together I'm sure we could change society one person at a time. But to really make a difference we need to teach our youth the RIGHT things to do. They are the future and only through them can we really change the earth.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
The mind is seen as the master in this society. Because this is believed so strongly, it is easy to control the masses. The mind is THE system the the matrix movie is talking about. The mind has been manufactured, built by the machine. We have been made into machines to produce more machines.
Good machines can not go against the machine, because they totally believe that they are machines. The strive to make others conform to the machine because they feel that if a cog is out of place it endangers the whole system, which includes them.
The mind has been feeding from the propaganda machine since it was born.
The good news is THE MIND IS A MACHINE. Claim it back, it is a tool for you to use.
When you realize that you are not the mind and that really the mind is a tool, like a any other tool use it only when needed. No longer will you be at the mercy of mind, the mind will be at the mercy of you.
Put the mind and it's fantasies in it's rightful place, at your feet.

In order to remove yourself from the machine. You must first realise that you have become apart of the machine. Only through recognition of yourself can you then depart and claim your freedom.

Only if all the other tools would see this. But most are comfortable where they are and don't mind being a tool used by the machine.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

In Christianity there is the parable of the good Shepard who goes after the one last sheep which has gone a stray and will not find it's way back if left alone.

In Buddhism , bodhisattva is the concept of an enlightened soul who has finished his karmic balancing and life progressions and is ready to depart the Great Wheel of life and return to the godhead. Bodhisattva is of such compassion that he elects to continue the reincarnation cycles helping others until all are enlightened and returned to the bliss of godhead. At least this is how it has come to my understanding.

Do you think that was the right thing to do or the wrong thing to do? Staying behind to keep replaying this game over and over to help others? What would you do in that situation?

I would like to think that even if i was accepted into godhead...I would want to make sure everyone else would be to before I accepted invitation. I mean to me it'd be selfish other wise.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
S & F great post thank you! So I guess we just sit back and go with the flow till this all ends? I'm so sick of it. It bores me. PEACE

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I haven't read 1984 but I know what it's about, all the various authors' books I read and all the interviews I watch mention it and the fact that the state is god.

I have also been hearing about this famous episode and a very powerful quote from it; feels like it relates well to what we're talking about:

“I'm a human being, I exist! And if I speak one thought aloud, that thought lives, even after I am shoveled into my grave!”
- from The Obsolete Man

Is this our near future?

edit on 3-4-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Reply to TerryMcGuire: We have done all we could to awaken who we could. We have endured ridicule and scorn and continue to do so for naught. Let those that wish to sleep in the illusion, sleep. It is time for us to go home. I won't be doing this again! NAMASTE

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
One enjoyable thread I read so far on this dead site.

Your words was very enlightening. It was well put that spiritual enlightenment and transcendence is not for everyone, but don't beat yourself up because you can't make most people share your ideals. Let them enjoy the game of life and not ruin their experience, it's probably not their time to awaken yet. In time they will grow aware and search for catalysts to transcend and once done they'll probably be sitting in your position attempting to enlighten everyone.
edit on 3-4-2011 by GrandKitaro777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
S & F great post thank you! So I guess we just sit back and go with the flow till this all ends? I'm so sick of it. It bores me. PEACE

Maybe you will get bored of home and want to experience life all over again. Living a life of extremes I have realised that no matter how much you like something you can get tired of it. At some point everything becomes boring. Namaste.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

Maybe so. I hope so. Spirituality is a beautiful thing and I would never try to keep it from anyone. I just wish everyone could really enjoy life like it's supposed to be. It's sad that we have people who have nothing better to do then to crap on everyones parades. Or shove their values down everyones throats. Life is supposedly a gift so why not enjoy the gift.

If this is the last chance we have to be alive wouldn't it be better spent. Living in peace and harmony?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

Maybe so. I hope so. Spirituality is a beautiful thing and I would never try to keep it from anyone. I just wish everyone could really enjoy life like it's supposed to be. It's sad that we have people who have nothing better to do then to crap on everyones parades. Or shove their values down everyones throats. Life is supposedly a gift so why not enjoy the gift.

If this is the last chance we have to be alive wouldn't it be better spent. Living in peace and harmony?

You do not have to keep spirituality from no one, but if all the convincing in the world do not faze a person, do not become discouraged when your words doesn't touch them, It's probably not their time to awaken. On another note, I think it's important to endeavor to reach out to people with your perspective of life because some people are ready awaiting spiritual enlightenment.
edit on 3-4-2011 by GrandKitaro777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Reply to Vicarious1000: The bodhisattva thing, we just found out this time around that that was part of the illusion too! We are all ONE.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000
Have you heard of the inverted tree of life? If I remember right we are the reflection of the tree on this side of parabol. Like in the Egyptian or atleast I think it's the Egyptian murals. The living walk upright and to reflect the same world the dead walk upside down. But one is the reflection of the other.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I looooove this. Thank you!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Please dont think that people who refuse to accept this idea of reality are in any way less then you are. it really does not matter, reality will manifest itself, whether anyone likes it or not. i too live knowing that life is infinite. Why start if there will be an end, then it all would be pointless. everything happens the way it should happen, the matrix is perfect.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberjedi
Please dont think that people who refuse to accept this idea of reality are in any way less then you are. it really does not matter, reality will manifest itself, whether anyone likes it or not. i too live knowing that life is infinite. Why start if there will be an end, then it all would be pointless. everything happens the way it should happen, the matrix is perfect.

No one is above or below anyone titles and ranks are all man made an imagination. In all reality we are all human and we all deserve the same love from one another. Sadly their are many who make this world of peace we are meant to live in hard. And make it full of fear and hate.

A theory of mine goes as follows: Their are those that we consider old souls. These old souls have been around long anough that they find their way into spirituality. They know many things and have capabilities that many other struggle to find. It does not mean the others are less or below it just means they haven't the experience yet to adapt to the concept. Could they acheive it. It's not a matter of could it's when.

But I disagree the matrix by all means is not perfect.
edit on 3-4-2011 by Vicarious10000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

In Buddhism , bodhisattva is the concept of an enlightened soul who has finished his karmic balancing and life progressions and is ready to depart the Great Wheel of life and return to the godhead. Bodhisattva is of such compassion that he elects to continue the reincarnation cycles helping others until all are enlightened and returned to the bliss of godhead. At least this is how it has come to my understanding.

Do you think that was the right thing to do or the wrong thing to do? Staying behind to keep replaying this game over and over to help others? What would you do in that situation?

I would like to think that even if i was accepted into godhead...I would want to make sure everyone else would be to before I accepted invitation. I mean to me it'd be selfish other wise.

I think maybe you missunderstood my reply. Bodhisattva is as you suggest in your reply. One who willingly does not move on for self, but elects to remain here until all else also transcend.

Sometimes I think there are many here now who are this way, not here for themselves but only for assisting others. No proof certainly but a nice perspective none the less.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

I couldn't remember specifics but I know for the most part that is what some ancient cultures believed. That the dead reflect the world of the living and vice versa. Which is a cool thought.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I think maybe you missunderstood my reply. Bodhisattva is as you suggest in your reply. One who willingly does not move on for self, but elects to remain here until all else also transcend.

Sometimes I think there are many here now who are this way, not here for themselves but only for assisting others. No proof certainly but a nice perspective none the less.

I think maybe you misunderstood my reply. I'm asking what would you do? would you go straight into godhead? O rwould you choose to stay behind and help those you could even if it was just one soul at a time?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Upon reading the opening of this thread, and watch the analogy, I began to wonder.

Information in the same way as energy cannot be destroyed either, so with that in mind, my question is where energy manifests in changing forms, is the same could be true of information, where does all of our information go when we are reborn again ? is it still with us ? but latent locked away only to be released upon death ? or is it transfered or imprinted into the light, and reunited with us upon death of a future rebirth ?

Any ideas ?

Loving this thread by the way

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Refreshingly nice to have a positive thread

The only thing stopping us from stepping away from our 9-5's and the routines and the materialism is the fear that we can't support ourselves, which is not just an insult to our ancestors, but is an example of the mind frame a slave develops even when the chains are removed. We are capable of anything, but the first step is to step realise this.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join