It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plato's Cave: The Matrix of Reality.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

If you can for a moment pause and think about the universe as more then meets the eye. An infinite universe of fractals and endless space. A universe where everything is alive yet dead. Where everything exists yet doesn't. This is our world our life and our reality.

We have many among us who only see what is sat before them. When someone tries to show them what exists further beyond their line of sight. They pull back and become sorta hysterical. For an example if you knew that death is as temporary as life. In other words knowing that the spirit or soul is mere energy and since energy cannot be created or destroyed.

You realised that it is only the body or the physical shell that is dead. And the soul lives on only to return to another shell to experience life all over again. Wouldn't people find this appalling. Surely there is no evidence that people return after death. Where is this proof of the soul?

So to for anything that we think we know or believe. When someone comes along with ideas that rearrange what has been accepted as fact before. And has now show people that what they thought they knew was nothing more then false reality. It would hurt them in such a way that they would wish to not know what they do now.

The saying ignorance is bliss. If everyone was told that as an example the human species would be annihlated by an alien invasion. NOT SAYING THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN. Just an example. Wouldn't people as a whole break down and not care about things as they did before. Wouldn't society break and go straight into chaos. Surely not everyone is capable of handling such information.

It is this reason alone why many of us who "perceive" a "greater" reality then most. Will never wake up those we wish to wake up. Their minds are not capable of handling what we have accepted as fact and is "fantasy" to them. We must realise that those who are "enlightened" or "ascended" how ever you wish to look at it must move on and let everything work itself out. If one is to know the truth they will. But NOT everyone is meant to handle it.

Much like spiritual awakenings it's not for everyone. Some people are just not ready for it. But perhaps in the not so distant future they will be

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This is my first thread so please don't tear me to shreds. I just hope that everyone will be able to take a step back and realise that. Most ideas we think are new. Are actually centuries old. Take plato's cave for example that idea I'am sure stemmed the idea of the matrix.

"To know the future is to know the past"

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

Ah yes, the Plato's Cave allegory. All too parallel with our own concept of "reality". We constantly look through the eyes of the media to see through to the outside world. S+F

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The Mayan priests used pools to study the stars.

Reflection is an amazing concept.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Wow, that was great. Trippy 60's art style reminds me of the Hobbit and other crazy shows my parents made me watch.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Well and not only that but wouldn't you agree, that things like video games,football,politics,celebrity drama. And all those needless things are to keep us from the real world, the real reality. Surely someone wants to keep us cooped up in our houses and jobs to worry about bills and what britney spears is gonna wear tomorrow.

I mean come on those so much more to life then all the stress we are raised to think that's important.

But what I'm saying is those distractions are the shadows on the wall like in cave allegory.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

The Mayan priests used pools to study the stars.

Reflection is an amazing concept.

Have you heard of the inverted tree of life? If I remember right we are the reflection of the tree on this side of parabol. Like in the Egyptian or atleast I think it's the Egyptian murals. The living walk upright and to reflect the same world the dead walk upside down. But one is the reflection of the other.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I believe that there is so much more then meets the eye. We all live day to day seeing the samethings over and over. And we become accustomed to the world, our environment. And we never take time to smell the roses. To watch the birds hopping in the yard looking for that elusive worm.

Don't be bored with your world re discover it. Re open your eyes and try to look at the world once more with awe and amasement. Stop worrying about whats going on with lindsay lohan. Stop worrying about hurrying up and beating that video game. Stop and breathe the fresh air.

Try to go see the world this summer. Take a trip to the grand canyon you won't regret it. The world is beautiful. Step out of your cave and star gaze if you can. Watch the butterflies. Go fishing. SEE THE WORLD.

That is what humanity is missing. We need to re discover nature. We became so fed up with who has a newer phone. What my phone can do and yours can't. That we have forgotten what it is to be alive.

AND PEOPLE TO LIVE ISN'T WORRYING ABOUT MATRIEALISTIC THINGS. Living is about enjoying the moment being happy and care free. ENJOY THE SUNSHINE.

Connect with the whole and be apart of the grand experience. LEAVE THE CAVE. STEP INTO THE SUNSHINE. And remember what it's like to be alive.

Please I beg you.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Would love to hear anyone else opinions either on plato's cave allgory. Or about their views on reality and life. Feel free to let go here everyone's experience of life is not meant to be the same. Therefore creating the duality of individualism. We are all brothers and sisters in this game of life. And we can only learn from eachother.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Shortly after freeing myself of my Christian beliefs, I began to see evidence that the historians of the 1st Century (Josephus, Tacitus, Suetonius) were all using an allegoric code to present two versions of history. The literal history in a sense was a "shadow" of the real history hidden beneath the literal meanings. This realization naturally caused me to consider the possibility that this allegoric presentation of history was what Plato had been referring to in his cave allegory. This suspicion then led me to consider Plato's other writings in this allegoric context and I quickly discovered that the pieces began to fit together remarkably well.

For example, Plato's Ion is really a discussion of the "John" metaphor. Ion was a rhapsode who claimed to be an interpreter of Homer, but Socrates pointed out that he really learned nothing about Homer from Ion. In other words, Ion was only pretending to interpret Homer. In this description of Ion, we can see a parallel with Philo's claim to be an interpreter of Moses. And so the Gospel of "John" opens with remarks about the "Logos" which was a key concept in Philo's interpretations. This does not mean that Philo wrote the Gospel of John, it just means the the author of the Gospel of John employed an allegoric approach that was consistent with a "John". This idea then agrees with Plato's Cratylus in which the "correctness" of names is discussed. "Correctness" of names then suggests that Tacitus was "silent" about something and Suetonius Tranquillus was keeping his "peace" also.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I like your first post Vic. Hopefully you will continue with such thoughtful offerings.
Would you like to know what lingers with me the most from your post and replies?

You demonstrate your own struggle. In your initial post you state your understanding that we cannot wake up the people we want to wake up. That we need to move on and let them reach it in their own time. You believe this strongly as you use several paragraphs to express this.

Then in your last post, your anguish spills across us as you implore, as you plead as you beg for us to wake up and leave the cave.

Do you feel you can really just leave when you still feel so passionately about helping others transcend? Can you really be true to yourself and leave behind not only your loved ones but your compassion as well. Would not our compassion burn us up if we remain compassionate and leave so many behind?

Vic. I ask these questions not because I want to ridicule or torment or tear you up. Not so. I ask because I ask them of myself and have only unfinished answers for all my searching.

Do you know of bodhisattva?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I find it to be a double edged sword. For example if someone told you in 2 yrs you will be shot in your own home by a burgular this is your fate. Would you not for 2 years try to change that fate knowing that their is a great deal of chance your not going to be able to.

And lets say you bought a gun,a home security system. Everything you needed to make yourself feel safe and think well I've got everything thought out there is no way my fate is sealed. The day of your death comes that night the burgular breaks in sneak around looking for him. He's in the living room ram sacking the place.

You shoot him but it's not a fatal blow and as he drops to the floor he rolls over and shoots you in the head killing you. And if you could then as a spirit contemplate what just happened wouldn't you believe that maybe all the precautions you took to prevent this tragedy from happening is then in turn what caused it.

Maybe if you hadn't of shot at him and just left the house and waited on the cops you would have survived. But trying to prevent your own death. Caught up with you.

Wouldn't you like to have those 2 yrs back to enjoy life. To do things you might not have otherwise done. Sure you would.

Well we in turn know that those we want to leave the cave and awaken are not going to. But that doesn't mean we are going to give up on them. That is the power of love and compassion. To know there is nothing we can do for the helpless but we will still remain by their side. Because we are not selfish. And that is exactly how we are supposed to be.

A doctor will never keep an empty waiting room for he cannot cure the world. Yet he will always be there to give a helping hand.

So to must we remain by our fellow brothers and sisters.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Thought I would add this equation to the thread since it's basically the same principle.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I know some of bodhisattva?

But I'm sure you could enlighten me more? Let me know your point of view and what you think about it. But know that I will also form my own opinions based off experience and what I soak in. I genrally try not to let the views of others distort or effect my experience until i've discovered my own opnion then I will either agree or disagree.

I wish others were like that aswell. But seems that the fad of the world is to let others think for them.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I love it. Saw it for the first time a couple months ago maybe.

Kind of reflects certain real life situations... are the conspiracy theorists the ones that are led out of the cave while the ones that continue to watch the shadows the majority of ignorant people who care only for trivial things?

Not that we have all the answers but we sure as hell are trying to get them, instead of watching "popular" bullcrap like Jersey Shore. How are horribad shows like that even on TV? Damn, the Illuminati are good at dumbing us down! Maybe no one even watches those shows but the MSM pushes them and talks about them and just force feeds it to people till they do like it.
edit on 3-4-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Thank you for your thoughtful thread topic.

We must realise that those who are "enlightened" or "ascended" how ever you wish to look at it must move on and let everything work itself out. If one is to know the truth they will. But NOT everyone is meant to handle it.

My own opinion is that we're all struggling souls in this world, coping as best as we can with the life we face and the limitations with which we are born. I have an aversion to the labels "enlightened" or "ascended" because it suggests a possible spiritual superiority of one human over another.

It is only through a small shift in consciousness or perception that an entirely new inner vista may be revealed, and I believe this is open to everyone. A mere click of the fingers, and someone whom you may consider being trapped in Plato's cave could have instant knowledge of that world outside. And then the first may be last, and the last may be first, so to speak. It's not really a race, just the play of the spirit in the material world.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The mind is seen as the master in this society. Because this is believed so strongly, it is easy to control the masses. The mind is THE system the the matrix movie is talking about. The mind has been manufactured, built by the machine. We have been made into machines to produce more machines.
Good machines can not go against the machine, because they totally believe that they are machines. The strive to make others conform to the machine because they feel that if a cog is out of place it endangers the whole system, which includes them.
The mind has been feeding from the propaganda machine since it was born.
The good news is THE MIND IS A MACHINE. Claim it back, it is a tool for you to use.
When you realize that you are not the mind and that really the mind is a tool, like a any other tool use it only when needed. No longer will you be at the mercy of mind, the mind will be at the mercy of you.
Put the mind and it's fantasies in it's rightful place, at your feet.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

In Christianity there is the parable of the good Shepard who goes after the one last sheep which has gone a stray and will not find it's way back if left alone.

In Buddhism , bodhisattva is the concept of an enlightened soul who has finished his karmic balancing and life progressions and is ready to depart the Great Wheel of life and return to the godhead. Bodhisattva is of such compassion that he elects to continue the reincarnation cycles helping others until all are enlightened and returned to the bliss of godhead. At least this is how it has come to my understanding.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

In one doctrine the manifest becomes real for us through a process that begins with the creator, the passes to the king and queen (dual principles), who pass to the ether where the forces imprint the created on to the manifest plane we reside in.

The inverted tree is a similar symbolism in Mayan/Toltec, Western (Sumerian til current) and to some extend East (Shinto has Gods/Molds for all plants and animals).

Don't let anyone discourage you from your pursuit. Society is false and unnatural. There is no community only have and have not. Humanity is the lost sheep Jesus looked for while nature is the 99 he could find.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

I tend to see enlightened as spiritually connected it is those who don not understand this that believe someone is saying they are better then another. That is the flaw of human nature everyone wants to believe that someone or themself is more superior to someone else.

And if someone does believe this and they run into someone who makes them feel inferior it drives them nuts. But all in all it just means spiritually connected. If someone feels threatened by it then maybe they should find some inner peace.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join