It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM cows 'producing human milk'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Scientists in China have created genetically modified cows that produce "human" milk, it was reported. They have introduced human genes into dairy cows to produce milk similar to human breast milk, according to a report in The UK Sunday Telegraph.

The researchers believe that milk from these herds of 300 cows can provide an alternative to human breast milk and formula milk for babies, which is often criticised as being an inferior substitute.

British scientists said the development had the potential to be of huge benefit but the work is likely to inflame opposition to genetically modified (GM) foods, said the newspaper, which was familiar with the research in journal Public Library of Science One.

Source: news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

The researchers believe that milk from these herds of 300 cows can provide an alternative to human breast milk and formula milk for babies, which is often criticised as being an inferior substitute.

The title is misleading.

alternative is the same.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
yummy !

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Even with this Frankensteinian achievement, you would not be feeding your babies Frankenmilk.

I would not be drinking Frankenmilk too...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Why do they have to keep messing with nature, it's miracle enough women produce milk after giving birth.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
OK this is just disturbing lol, I don't like milk as it is but much less human milk coming from a cow, that just reeks of genetic testing.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Even with this Frankensteinian achievement, you would not be feeding your babies Frankenmilk.

I would not be drinking Frankenmilk too...

Not to worry, mate, nobody's going to be feeding it to you.

It's for Chinese babies to grow up big and strong on, so they can take over the decadent West.

Starting with its easternmost outpost, naturally.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
...and replace it with their brand of communism...

Then they'll make our kids drink their Frankenmilk!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon
Then they'll make our kids drink their Frankenmilk!

Nah. They'll be saving the Frankenmilk for the Number One Sons of the Middle Kingdom.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So you can grow up big, strong and have infertile children or grandchildren...
Really, what else is there to know?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I'm all for finding a suitable substitute for breast milk, but I think this is kid of disturbing. How many chemicles are they pumping into these cows to produce human milk? No way is this better then formula.

Yes I agree breast milk is the best route, but not all mothers are able to produce suitable amounts. My wife is one who couldn't produce enough. We went to the doctor who gave us a diet to put her on and nothing helped so we was stuck with formula.

Atleast somebody is working on this problem.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
I'm all for finding a suitable substitute for breast milk, but I think this is kid of disturbing. How many chemicles are they pumping into these cows to produce human milk? No way is this better then formula.

Yes I agree breast milk is the best route, but not all mothers are able to produce suitable amounts. My wife is one who couldn't produce enough. We went to the doctor who gave us a diet to put her on and nothing helped so we was stuck with formula.

Atleast somebody is working on this problem.

They're not really pumping 'chemicals' into the cows. They inserted human gene material into the developing embryos so that they would produce human milk. Once that was done, no further 'pumping of chemicals' was needed.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BriggsBU

Yea, I'm sure that was all that was injected into the embryos.

Sorry I think I will pass if ever given the choice to feed this to my child.

top topics

join