It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground opperations to begin in libya in late april!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Ground opperations to begin in libya in late april!

en.rian.ru

The international coalition force is planning a ground operation in Libya that could start in late April, a high-ranking Russian intelligence service source said on Friday.

"Information coming via different channels shows that NATO countries, with the active participation of Britain and the United States, are developing a plan for a ground operation on Libyan territory," he said.

"From all indications, a ground operation will be launched if the alliance fails to force the Gaddafi regime to capitulate with air strikes and missile attacks."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hello this is my first thread on this board i have lingered for over a year now and just recently decided to join.glad to finally be a member and just like to present my opinion in a respectable manner. this will be my introductory thread i suppose!
according to this source Nato has disclosed info to russia to begin a ground offensive in late april. No suprise here do they honestly think we still believe anything Obama or anyone in govt. says anymore? well this leaves no doubt in my mind that this will completely bankrupt our country i just feel bad for our boys over seas idont know how they will get home once the system goes down

en.rian.ru
edit on 2-4-2011 by Respectisearned08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
There's going to be a call to arms from Iran to send in fighters.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If that's the case that we're sending in ground troops, I hope Iran sends boatloads.

This is a Libyan civil war.

None of our business.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Respectisearned08

I think the fight will be over by late April..
That's weeks away....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

We all knew it would come to this, I just can't wait to see how they spin this one.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Respectisearned08
Hello this is my first thread on this board i have lingered for over a year now and just recently decided to join.glad to finally be a member and just like to present my opinion in a respectable manner. this will be my introductory thread i suppose!
according to this source Nato has disclosed info to russia to begin a ground offensive in late april. No suprise here do they honestly think we still believe anything Obama or anyone in govt. says anymore? well this leaves no doubt in my mind that this will completely bankrupt our country i just feel bad for our boys over seas idont know how they will get home once the system goes down

en.rian.ru

There are not "BOYS" over seas - there are MEN - and WOMEN TOO. Step into this century please. Sign me a FEMALE VETERAN OF COMBAT. Also since there is no draft, and maybe you haven't been in the loop they make it very, very, very clear before you swear in what you are doing. At this point with 2 wars that have been ongoing for some time WITH CASUALTIES - most are aware and alert about what the heck they are getting into when they raise that right hand and swear in.
Putting it in terms of the "Boys Overseas" is so outdated - Respect is earned - how ironic!!!
Hate to rant out in a different way, but really.
Lets give credit where credit is due: TO THE FULL GROWN MEN AND WOMEN IN THE ARMED FORCES.
Show some respect and educate yourself, and stop referring to service members as "Boys" - I've served for more then 20 and I haven't seen any children in uniform in my career.
edit on 2-4-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: clarity

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

your out right anger over nothing offensive is quite confusing to me

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
wow.

how twisted has the world become when wars have scheduled releases like music and movies?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I honestly think we should get our troops home and let THERE ARMY/ARMED FORCES deal with internal affairs. We have had soliders over seas now for almost 10 years
When is America going to understand that we don't run every country out there. Unless the civil war/operation effects the USA or any other "State" then yes have troops were needed but if not WE should not have OUR troops out there. America has it's own issues and we seem to be so concerned with what happens in another country it's as if we no longer exist. I just bothers me. I am the only one in my family who has not been in Military/Air services since the 1870's due to the fact I would not pass the physical or mental task. Epilepsy and PTSD prevent me but I have respect for those who have and still serve. It's our Government I don't respect.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Respectisearned08

your out right anger over nothing offensive is quite confusing to me

Excuse me but as a Woman, Combat Veteran who spent time in Iraq it offends me greatly to see or hear references to "Our Boys" - I know both men and women that will be affected by this, I also know the true cost of war . . . and yes, it makes me very angry. It is called PTSD. This issue and the psych ops that surround these things also make me simmer. When I was in theater I would catch the news and be dumbfounded about the out right mistruths being fed to the American People. The least you could do is acknowledge me - instead of implying my anger is misplaced. Instead of even acknowledging my point about "Boys" you choose to chastise me that my anger is misplaced. Can you acknowledge that BOTH MEN AND WOMEN SERVE?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
When you have borne the cost of battle you realize, Smedley Butler was correct.
WAR IS A RACKET.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

i will use more caution when useing "out dated phrases"

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

what! now you know this can't be true, after all didn't obama say we would not have troops on the ground?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Bird, you have your panties in a bunch over nothing.

The phrase "boys overseas" has been around for a full century, and it is not a demeaning term. I noted some females who were in the military demanding certain levels of respect when I found none was due.

You want to fart, f***, belch, swagger, and match the boys, then step up to the wall. You can whiz up a wall as high as me - with both feet flat on the ground - you're then qualified to be one of the boys.

As it is, there is one set of physical standards for males and one for females. NO, NO, NO. Standards are standards.

I never would rely on sugarpants being able to grab me and my weapon and drag/carry me to safety. And if taken prisoner, the fact that my "fellow soldier" is a female gives my enemy great leverage to use against ME.

So you can take that crappy attitude down the road.

And if you ever want to compare confirmed kills, step it off and trot 'em out.

That attitude is what's wrong with females in the military.

They can't really measure up to certain standards, many end up knocked up during tours, and act like they're tough ****.

Right.

Let's don't break a nail.

new topics

top topics

join