It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Jones defiant despite murders in Afghanistan over Qur'an burning

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

Don't try using logic...it won't work. People who are emotionally compromised over religion are not going to see it from an objective POV. They will assume that these particular muslims on the other side of the world who are responsible for the murderers, could not contain nor think for themselves anymore than an instinctive animal would and were forced to commit these murders in response.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
is there a way to remove this bigot from humanity..

he is the one that needs to be beheaded

religion sux

Wow...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Originally posted by berilium
ya because burning a book is right up there with beheading

Assuming books contain knowledge transferred to the brain, then it is exactly like beheading.

That's one of the stupidest remarks I've read on here and that says alot...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Reading and comprehending are two different things so I ain't mad at you.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Reading and comprehending are two different things so I ain't mad at you.

Oh I comprehend how ridiculous that statement is equating human life to a book... butI'm not mad at you either, just saddened by your lack of intelligence.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Assuming books contain knowledge transferred to the brain, then it is exactly like beheading.

um ... no .... it's not.

weirdo.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The cornerstone of this discussion is founded on one book versus another.

Both books mold the minds that reside in the heads being lost physically or symbolically.

The value of life is disregarded on both sides of the discussion.

Your attack on my statement and subsequent defense of it are both as insignificant as your presence/contribution.

Neither are relevant to the topic.

Peace

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer

um ... no .... it's not.

weirdo.

Sweet. Sidekick for soldier comes to the table with more valuable defense for lord knows what.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

You are the most irrelevant poster on this thread with a total lack of moral character or any grasp of the understanding that human life is a precious gift from God and irreplaceble, books are not.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Originally posted by Dock9
Do I believe it was actual Afghanis who engineered the highly-publicised murders and beheadings (whether or not they actually took place or are just another excuse for 'retaliation' by the United States of Israel) ? NO. I do not

Do I believe the real or fictitious killings and beheadings were in response to the burning of a book ? NO. I do not

Do I believe anyone has the right to burn any book they own, regardless of its title or alleged importance to others ? YES. I do

Have you ever been to Afganistan? How can you make judgements about what they would do when you have no frame of reference. Just because it doesnt make sense to you doesnt mean its not true. Having spent a year there trust me they will kill you for desicrating the Quran. However the bible doesnt hold that same respect.In fact we were advised not to cary one in the military because if seen it can get you killed.

I find it amusing that we are being told to tolerate an intolerable religion.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle

Terry Jones defiant despite murders in Afghanistan over Qur'an burning

www.guardian.co.uk

Terry Jones defiant despite murders in Afghanistan over Qur'an burningUS pastor is showing no regrets about an act of hatred that provoked a massacre of UN staff amid deadly riotsTweet this Share915 Paul Harris and Paul Gallagher guardian.co.uk, Saturday 2 April 2011 16.38 BST Florida pastor Terry Jones initially desisted after his threat to burn a Qur'an but on 20 March went ahead, sparking violence in Afghanistan. Photograph: Mario Tama/Getty Images The notorious preacher who last month oversaw the burning of a copy of the Qur'an in his Florida church after a mock hearing said anyone
(visit the link for the full news article)

Ok, so first of all, he DIDN'T burn any.

Secondly, don't they freak out & get all murderous about ANYTHING anymore? I mean, watching them on the news, they are burning crap & screaming death to America (as always) so what my point is, he is innocent & they are further proving they are genetically predisposed towards violence & acting like idiots.

I'm about sick of the mainstream media. & I'm already sick of the Afghani people. (I should say men, because I never see a woman acting that barbaric)

Finally, I don't even care to understand them anymore. I personally think we should do the world a favor & swoop down & bomb their ass into ancient history. Extra crispy.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
reply to post by zroth

You are the most irrelevant poster on this thread with a total lack of moral character or any grasp of the understanding that human life is a precious gift from God and irreplaceble, books are not.

I understand it is a Sunday, but please take all that crap BACK to church. This is a place to expand the mind, not dogmatically stigmatize them into submission. I consider it a precious gift to think for oneself. I guess I should praise Satan for giving that gift to us all.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
religion is a cult and like all cults the members are all fanatical

no exceptions.

apologies in advance for offended the thin skinned

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You take a lot of liberties in your assumption of what I believe.

I have yet to make a statement on the value of life.

The Christians and their burning of books and hoarding of knowledge, throughout history, is the reason we have this ignorant intolerance for our fellow man.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnitaCigarette

reply to post by zroth

I understand it is a Sunday, but please take all that crap BACK to church. This is a place to expand the mind, not dogmatically stigmatize them into submission. I consider it a precious gift to think for oneself. I guess I should praise Satan for giving that gift to us all.

Don't get all off topic and anti-religion on me now... we get that enough on all of the other threads.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Terry Jones is a member of the Order Out Of Chaos crowd.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You take a lot of liberties in your assumption of what I believe.

I have yet to make a statement on the value of life.

The Christians and their burning of books and hoarding of knowledge, throughout history, is the reason we have this ignorant intolerance for our fellow man.

You clearly stated that you equate human life to have the same value as a book. Did you or did you not?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You clearly stated that you equate human life to have the same value as a book. Did you or did you not?

Let's see.

*Scrolls up*

Nope. Didn't say that at all. I did however say you have not comprehended my statement and that is being proven quite well.

Lets use another analogy that you may be near and dear to. Book burning is an abortion of humanity.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnitaCigarette

reply to post by zroth

Don't get all off topic and anti-religion on me now... we get that enough on all of the other threads.

Oh trust me, I know not to argue with you, cuz it would get us BOTH nowhere.
Actually, I came to read an article & couldn't help but reply to your dribble about "god this & god that."

Funny you should choose a thread that is about religious intolerance making news AGAIN today & turn it into a church sermon about why YOUR god is cool. & if we are supposed to contribute to this thread, what the same hell are you contributing? NOTHING. & I have lost all interest in this thread because of you. So thanks for scaring away more people who just wanted to read & talk about TERRY JONES & AFGHANISTAN & not your crapping christ on a cripple cross.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I reaaaally don't like this guy, but by the same token, he has a right to do as he sees fit. And if a bunch of crackpots half a world away want to use his hate and ignorance as an excuse to murder people, then they're still the ones murdering people. They're nothing but a bunch of bullies trying to blackmail him into silence. If that's all it takes to get them to slaughter innocent people who have nothing to do with it, then they're always one step away from doing such a thing anyhow. These same people burn American flags and stuff all the time, so I don't care how they feel. They're still using some hick's hate as an excuse for murder; obviously they were going to do it sooner or later anyhow and were just waiting for some flimsy excuse.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join