It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Jones defiant despite murders in Afghanistan over Qur'an burning

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Now I understand that the majority agree with what this guy did, and they want to do it too, and they think that all Muslims are terrorists because they endlessly watch FOX News and listen to Rush Limbaugh.

But it's still my opinion that what he did was wrong, and that he abused free speech to the point of actually committing a crime.

No, he didn't kill those people himself, but he did act in a reckless way, and endangered those people by his actions.

But go ahead, make this guy your personal hero.

So because a few of us do not agree with your mindset, then we all must hate muslims and listen to Limbaugh religiously?

Thats an awful broad brush...........and a horribly generalization .........

Isnt this just the thought process that you would condemn others for having?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The only way the guy could have committed a crime, is if he stole someone else's book and burned it. If that was his book, there is no crime. If I go find some arabs and hack them to pieces because I saw some arabs burning flags and bibles on TV, you think that is gonna fly? Anyone think the arabs I saw on TV will get accused for inciting my violence? I doubt it, they will just say some nutbar when on a rampage and hacked some people up.
edit on Tue, 05 Apr 2011 08:48:17 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Makes you wonder who would win a war between Florida and Afghanistan. I mean, a real war where Washington bureaucrats don't muck things up by getting involved. Just let the people of Florida have at it with the people of Afghanistan.

I guess you could allow tourists to fight for Florida? I mean, alls fair in war. Afghanistan is not known as a heavy tourist area?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
reply to post by Madhouse

Madhouse, in the event that a global caliphat is installed and a fatwa issued that, by whatever means, the world is to be converted to Islam, what would your position be then?

Do you think that in order for the fatwa to be fulfilled, even the most moderate moslem will publically condone extremist crimes or threat of said crimes such as murder, rape or mutilation?

See, I agree with you. Most moslems do just want get on with their lives, raise their families, educate themselves, etc but given as that so much of the Islamic world denies the freedom of self determination to half of their own, how then can non moslems trust that their freedoms will not be stripped away under Islamic rule? How can you reassure us or even guarantee that we will be unmolested if we opt to continue making our own choices to believe as we will?

Good day teapot

First of all, such a thing would never happen in my humble opinion, i mean... just look at the current state of the Islamic world now, let's be honest here and i hope any fellow muslims looking at my post would just take it as a pinch of salt but........

Honestly man, i think Islam currently in general is badly 'beaten' up now, if you know what i mean. Frequent scrutinies from the MSM, bombardments in countries like afghanistan and palestine, iraq is already gone, etc, even if these clowns are still hell-bent in doing such a worldwide event, they do not even stand a chance against giants like the U.S or Europe.

& so back to the question, i believe that most muslims including myself, won't even entertain that fool
fatwas shouldn't be taken so seriously, they are just ...idk how to put it properly, but they are just 'opinions' and it's only up to the muslim to follow it or not.

Btw, if such crimes were to happen, it actually depends on the 'current state' of that muslim's country. Like if i see a clown attempting to murder someone in front of me in the name of Islam, of course i'd whack his arse and bring him to the authorities because down here it IS safe/commendable to do so
Whereas in other countries.....if i try to be a smarta$$ and be a muslim vigilante, i'd get into trouble due to corruption or whatnots. Like i said before most muslims would prefer to stay out of it.

Last but not least on your last question.... hmmm, if it is a question meant for me, then all i can say is, trust me
if sucha thing/rule were to occur, i would never cause any harm to any of my fellow non-muslims friends.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by whatukno

Haha well it was a brilliant plan then. If they would have just condemned it and not acted it would have made this guy look like a fool. They played right into this book burner.

Indeed. Did nothing violent but condemning him cause of two things.

1) dude's making the gap between muslims and non-muslims wider.

2) by burning stuff, he's actually killing trees. if you know what i mean.

edit on 5-4-2011 by Madhouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2011 by Madhouse because: typoz

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Please don't make excuses for the actual murderers IN AFGHANISTAN!!..Jones didn't murder anyone!!!! Second, we deny this man his First Amendment rights and yet we allow artists in the name of "ART" to continually desecrate christian symbols on a regular basis and get federal funding to do so in some cases.

No one has to agree with Jones but to blame him for the acts of murderers is absolutely inane. I guess Christianity is not a protected class in this society. Everyone else is free to do what they want under protection of art, being a minority or being the correct religion.

The hypocrisy of Lindsey Graham et. al. is beginning to ooze and stink in a bad way.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

Stop that! Now your're being logical! See, what applies to the Christian of the U.S. is somehow different than what applies to other religions elsewhere. If Muslims get pissed at something we did, the WE are in the wrong. If Christians get pissed about something we did, then THEY are in the wrong. You need to follow the logic of the left. There's a pecking order: First, American's in general, next Christians, then Conservatives; they will always be in the wrong regardless of the topic. Once you understand that, it's easy to follow.

And no, it's not criminal if it's intended to elicit a response. That's plain stupid to even suggest. Almost everything we say is meant to elicit a response. Just watch the hate-filled Bill Maher sometime.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is actually kind of ironic. Man burns Quaran stating "Islam is evil". Islam rebuts by saying, "No, we're not! And kill a bunch of people to prove it." Rev. Jones made his point abundantly clear and everybody's missing it! But there will be those who stand behind Islam due to their vile hatred of anything Conservative or Christian. I say, go join them and maybe one of our snipers will give you a warm welcome.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
American freedom is not responsible for the blood lust of Islam. How crazy it is for Americans to follow the media's talking point that a minister in Tennesee has made the Muslims mad in a country our military is occupying?

People need to learn to think for themselves a little bit. And I will be burning a koran on the camp fire this weekend. I am not sumbitting to Shria and anyone here who brags about their "sensitivity' but who also constantly condemns Christians (leftists that would be you) are hipocritial liars.

If you did not cry in your beer over "piss christ" you need to shut up and sit down about your selective hightened "sensitivity."

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

These military men go to christian church and have preachers in the desert over in iraq/saudi arabia/afghanistan/libya. They are preaching to kill all the muslims. Bush is the Commander in Chief and is a Christian. The commander of this War is Christian and has declared a holy war on muslims. Bush himslef stated that this is a crusade. General wesley clark himslef stated that the white house had plans to take out muslim countries. This is a war by christians.

Wow thats interesting because I was in the military and i served over in the sand box..........and I was never told any of that! Neither was i told to kill all the muslims........

Now youre just making stuff up ......

Poor form

Bush ordered you to kill. Bush is a Christian. So if someone told you to go kill someone you would do it? This is a christian crusade, bush has stated it. General wesley clark himslef stated that there were plans to take out muslim countries.

When you were ordered to invade iraq or afghanistan, who do you think was gonna be there? Buddhists? You were ordered to kill. The people you were orderd to kill were muslims. You were not told they were muslims but General wesley clark and Bush knew there were muslims because they belonged to the muslim nations that were to be taken over in the outline he talked about.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Hehe thanks It is getting late right now I will be back up again later in the evening. I am setting the record straight to people who don't think this is a holy war that Christians are doing right now

You arent setting anything straight, youre propagating lies to try and push your on idealism.......
Just because you have a problem with christianity has nothing to do with the fact that these people murdered others because someone burned their book......

Your little "crusade" is full of information with no facts behind it.........
Funny how hypocritical you are

My facts are most of the people doing the killing in the middle east are the christian armies. That is a fact. I bring only the facts. You have not disproven anything I said.

You were ordered to invade iraq. It was all part of a crusade plan. How many US bases are in the middle east?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The christians have been on a a crusade long before Christ was even a canon.

this crusade involves killing people in a belief that their way is the right way and everyone else needs to be cleansed.

Disgusting, hipocritical and a good source of conversation and heated debate.

So where is this Jones fella? HUH...
edit on 5-4-2011 by guessing because: improved spelling and context

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
The only way the guy could have committed a crime, is if he stole someone else's book and burned it. If that was his book, there is no crime. If I go find some arabs and hack them to pieces because I saw some arabs burning flags and bibles on TV, you think that is gonna fly? Anyone think the arabs I saw on TV will get accused for inciting my violence? I doubt it, they will just say some nutbar when on a rampage and hacked some people up.
edit on Tue, 05 Apr 2011 08:48:17 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Yes he has the freedom of speech to do it but he exercised poor judgement. He wants attention and he is getting it.

He is inciting violence is what he is doing. Why in the world does he have to burn the koran? I have never burned a book I did not like.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

He burned the Koran in protest for the nerve of the idiots to build a Victory Mosque at ground zero. It was a good way to let them know what disrespect is all about.

If Muslims are going to act like murderous loons, everyone should burn a Koran until they are over their Shira hangups because they can not integrate into a free society with such murderous intolerance for the free expression of infidels. If they want shira, they can move to any one of the countries Obama is currently turning over to radical Islam in the Middle East. There they can dictate the speech and religion of everyone without the burden of freedom.

We must not give up freedom for the demands, threats and violence of muslims. We have lost enough liberty in the aftermath of their attack on the US as it is. And before that, we lost many Americans to their violence over decades. They are going to get what they always wanted now - a whole kingdom of Shira. They don't get America.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

He burned the Koran in protest for the nerve of the idiots to build a Victory Mosque at ground zero. It was a good way to let them know what disrespect is all about.

Nerve? This is america little girl. Its called freedom of religion. It is so ironic that its ok for a christian to burn the koran but an muslim cant build a church?

If Muslims are going to act like murderous loons

Are all muslims murderours loons? How bout christians? How bout we americans? there are over a billion muslims. Are they all murderous? Christians have killed more muslims, so who is the murderous loon now?

We must not give up freedom for the demands, threats and violence of muslims

What freedom are you being denied? Who is denying you freedom?

And before that, we lost many Americans to their violence over decades.

Americans died because they invaded the middle east first.

They don't get America.

Who doesnt get america? What is getting america?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
[

We must not give up freedom for the demands, threats and violence of muslims. We have lost enough liberty in the aftermath of their attack on the US as it is. And before that, we lost many Americans to their violence over decades. They are going to get what they always wanted now - a whole kingdom of Shira. They don't get America.

Man, have you swallowed the Tea Party koolaid, or what? The "Victory Mosque" at Ground Zero is a fascist fantasy, and the truth is so much less inflammatory. The proposal was for a community centre many blocks away from Ground Zero.
Heaven only knows what you mean by 'shira'. But I see you also believe the 9/11 attacks were actually perpetrated by 19 Arabs with box-cutters.
You seem rather gullible to me.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fredvcall
Makes you wonder who would win a war between Florida and Afghanistan. I mean, a real war where Washington bureaucrats don't muck things up by getting involved. Just let the people of Florida have at it with the people of Afghanistan.

I guess you could allow tourists to fight for Florida? I mean, alls fair in war. Afghanistan is not known as a heavy tourist area?

Bring back Dooper as General of the Floridan forces, and I'm IN!

One question, though. Would the "tourists" fighting on behalf of Florida be classed as "mercenaries"?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Poor judgement, yes, but not inciting violence. Those people chose to do what they did individually. A lot of things end up with violence, make a bad call at a soccor game, and you can cause a riot. That is not the ref's fault, it's the people that decided to rampage. Like I said, as an american/canadian it angers me to see people burn my flag out of disrespect, but if I were to fly off the handle and shoot a bunch of muslims here, because I saw muslims burning flags over there, would you blame the muslims? Or me for deciding to kill people, that had nothing to do with the the flag burners? The blame would be on me only, and rightfully so.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Hehe thanks It is getting late right now I will be back up again later in the evening. I am setting the record straight to people who don't think this is a holy war that Christians are doing right now

You arent setting anything straight, youre propagating lies to try and push your on idealism.......
Just because you have a problem with christianity has nothing to do with the fact that these people murdered others because someone burned their book......

Your little "crusade" is full of information with no facts behind it.........
Funny how hypocritical you are

My facts are most of the people doing the killing in the middle east are the christian armies. That is a fact. I bring only the facts. You have not disproven anything I said.

You were ordered to invade iraq. It was all part of a crusade plan. How many US bases are in the middle east?

Actually the facts are that most of the people doing the killing in the middle east are MUSLIM EXTREMIST, killing their own people and innocent others all over............

but thats ok, ive read your other threads, no matter what sense i talk or what proof i provide , it wont change your mind , you have some serious issues admitting when youre wrong

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
At least to me the problem is us...no where in Christianity does it directly quote "God" anywhere...it only quotes people who quote "God" or "Jesus". Therefore the whole basis of scripture is 3rd party. It makes no sense that a "God" with their rules doesn't intervene directly more often.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join