Terry Jones defiant despite murders in Afghanistan over Qur'an burning

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I do hope you realize the "seven deadly sins" are not anywhere in the bible as you will not be able to pull a verse with those. The seven deadly sins is something the catholic church came up with.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The point is, there's a lot of hate genocide and wrath in the bible.

So Christians aren't innocent in bloodshed for their god either.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

At the same time I haven't seen thousands of Christians strap bombs to their chest and blow themselves up along with innocent children.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

At the same time I haven't seen thousands of Christians strap bombs to their chest and blow themselves up along with innocent children.

Na, they just bomb abortion clinics and shoot doctors and picket military funerals and burn down black churches.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

That wouldn't make them Christian then would it?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

That wouldn't make them Christian then would it?

Sure it does, just like the people you described are Muslims.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer

Terry Jones = burned his own copy of a koran on his own property

Afghan Muslim demonstrators = killed innocent people who had nothing to do with it

sorry bud, but I fail to see how Islam is a peaceful religion.

edit on 4-4-2011 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

Jones is quite entitled to burn his own property. However, as Whatukno has repeatedly stated, Jones chose to publices his act knowing full well what the reaction would be. Surely no one has forgotten the response to the Mohammad cartoons?

Further, Jones clearly knew that fanatical muslims are not peaceful human beings and he knew, probably hoped, that innocent people would die as a result of his actions. This would support his claim that Islam is evil.

Pastor Jones, if he had an ounce of integrity and courage, should have travelled to Afghanistan with his entourage of religious cranks and burned the Koran in a public square. That way he would have got his message directly to the muslims and he would have suffered the consequences of his own actions rather than innocent individuals.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
How when they are not following what the bible states? Anyone can twist an ideology for their sick purposes. Similar to how some people referance the seven deadly sins to the bible.
I recommend reading both books to get an understanding of each.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Just like extremist Muslims twist that religion to their own ends. So, if we are to sit here painting all Muslims as evil for the actions of a few, then I suppose that all Christians are to blame for the actions of the few that twist that religion too.

I mean it's only fair right?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Muslim attacks and murders

Now let's see how many Christian extremist attacks and murders you can come up with.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Not when the extremists outnumber the passive. Go visit the country, see first hand how people there are abused in the name of their religion.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Are parents guilty of wrath too when they punish thier children? Or is it done to teach them better?

You point here is a lie, and his actions were rightious for he is the Lord!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

It was flawed because he based it on something that isn't anywhere in the bible.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
christians are but CULT,

and those who belive otherwise

guess what...

you have a cahnce

beheaded

RIP>>>

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
"Let ye without sin cast the first stone.",

so who unto you is credible, and within this/

i ask ye for you...ARE

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

And I ask ye to look at thou statistics.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Ah the start of a holy war here on ATS.

You all ought to be proud. I guess Love thy Neighbor was a typo eh?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Maybe if I was religious lol. Im not, I have just read both books. You are correct though every religion has its extremists. Statistics will show the difference though. Muslims killed over 370 people in the past few days. Statistics speak for themselves.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Opinions may differ but I personally would rather have someone who burns a religious book as my neighbor, than someone who beheads multiple innocent people because they got their feelings hurt.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

I dont have a need to fear sin if I am afraid so come a rockin!

new topics
top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join