It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Jones defiant despite murders in Afghanistan over Qur'an burning

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

Sorry dude ... but what you are selling is pure bunk. Are you blaming all of the violent acts done by "peace loving" muslims in Afghanistan prior to Terry Jone's Koran burning on Terry Jones as well?

Obviously not. I am blaming this indecent, and this indecent ALONE on Terry Jones but you aren't going to get that. And you aren't going to get the fact that I acknowledged REPEATEDLY that the people who murdered those UN Staffers committed a horrible crime.

It's not me who is full of it.

edit on 4/4/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Sorry dude ... but what you are selling is pure bunk. Are you blaming all of the violent acts done by "peace loving" muslims in Afghanistan prior to Terry Jone's Koran burning on Terry Jones as well?

Obviously not. I am blaming this indecent, and this indecent ALONE on Terry Jones but you aren't going to get that.

It's not me who is full of it.

I have no tolerance for sellers of BS and I have no tolerance for hate inspired religions.

This ONE incident has had many many many prior similar incidents - no one burned a koran then.
edit on 4-4-2011 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Im not defending him, in my opinion he was wrong for what he did too, but it doesnt justify the reaction .....sorry

and your reply earlier about , if he hadnt done it they might still be a live MIGHT be true, but from whats been shown through history, is that these muslim extremist dont need much a reason to do what they do anyway....

my disagreement is with your earlier posts thats all........not the fact that this guy is a scum bag , that im sure everyone agrees with
edit on 4-4-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I am going to eat my bacon and I am going to enjoy it too. I do not care if it offends muslims.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

If you have no tolerance for sellers of BS, then don't write BS.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

my disagreement is with your earlier posts thats all........not the fact that this guy is a scum bag , that im sure everyone agrees with

Apparently people here think he's a hero and the second coming of Jesus Christ, that's what I am seeing.

I guess next when some moron like Terry Jones starts killing American Muslims, that will be justified by these people too and they will lift the person up as a hero.

Basically what I am seeing in this thread is the same intolerance, hate, and bigotry, that these people blame Muslims for.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Apparently people here think he's a hero and the second coming of Jesus Christ, that's what I am seeing.

I guess next when some moron like Terry Jones starts killing American Muslims, that will be justified by these people too and they will lift the person up as a hero.

Basically what I am seeing in this thread is the same intolerance, hate, and bigotry, that these people blame Muslims for.

Here is the difference:

Terry Jones = burned his own copy of a koran on his own property

Afghan Muslim demonstrators = killed innocent people who had nothing to do with it

sorry bud, but I fail to see how Islam is a peaceful religion.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

And Christianity is a peaceful religion?

I am not saying that what the people who murdered the UN workers were justified in any way, they are murderers and deserve to be executed for their crimes.

I am serious people, how many times do I have to write that? Really? I am begging you, give me a number. Please, i am getting carpel tunnel syndrome from having to repeat myself over and over and over again without anyone apparently figuring out how to read.

Had that just been it, it would be a matter of freedom of speech, however, he used the media as a weapon against Muslims.

And that is why I believe that he is culpable for those deaths, just as those murderers are culpable for the deaths they caused.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

And Christianity is a peaceful religion?

I am not saying that what the people who murdered the UN workers were justified in any way, they are murderers and deserve to be executed for their crimes.

I am serious people, how many times do I have to write that? Really? I am begging you, give me a number. Please, i am getting carpel tunnel syndrome from having to repeat myself over and over and over again without anyone apparently figuring out how to read.

Had that just been it, it would be a matter of freedom of speech, however, he used the media as a weapon against Muslims.

And that is why I believe that he is culpable for those deaths, just as those murderers are culpable for the deaths they caused.

I do not believe Terry Jones is a murderer. His "Bible" does not promote murder of innocents like the koran he burned does.

"But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." (Surah 9:5)

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him). " (Surah 9:123, Pickthal translation)

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued." (Surah 9:29)

So ... the instructions for Muslims are to kill not only unbelievers, but "people of the book" as well (Christians and Jews).

Next time you are disillusioned into thinking a Muslim is peace loving - ask them about Israel.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Correction. Terry's actions most certainly did not kill those 7 men. Terry is guilty of burning a book. A group of muslim extremists are guilty of murdering 7 people. This doesn't mean we do not think terry is a sick man because I quite frankly believe he is one disturbed individual. To state that someone who burned a book is responsible for the deaths of 7 men is ludicrous.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
Correction. Terry's actions most certainly did not kill those 7 men. Terry is guilty of burning a book. A group of muslim extremists are guilty of murdering 7 people. This doesn't mean we do not think terry is a sick man because I quite frankly believe he is one disturbed individual. To state that someone who burned a book is responsible for the deaths of 7 men is ludicrous.

yup ... what he said.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

The bible LOVES murder!

"And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God..." (Deuteronomy 13: 5)

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;" (Deuteronomy 13: 6)

"Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people." (Deuteronomy 13:8-9)

"Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword." (Deuteronomy 13:15)

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass." (I Samuel 15:2-3)

"And he brought forth the people that were therein, and put them under saws, and under harrows of iron, and under the axes of iron, and made them pass through the brickkiln: and thus did he unto all the cities of the children of Ammon. So David and all the people returned unto Jerusalem." (II Samuel 12:31)

"Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." (Numbers 31:16-18)

"Then Jael Heber's wife took a nail of the tent, and took an hammer in her hand, and went softly unto him, and smote the nail into his temples, and fastened it into the ground: for he was fast asleep and weary. So he died." (Judges 4:21)

"Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." (Isaiah 13:15-16)

"And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made the man." (Genesis 9:5-6)

"And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain." (Deuteronomy 2:34)

"And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Hesbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city. But all the cattle, and the spoil of the cities we took for a prey to ourselves." (Deuteronomy 3:6-7)

"And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and woman: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house." (Ezekiel 9:5-6)

www.nobeliefs.com...-all-unbelievers

So, if we are to paint all of a religion with the same brush, then we must assume that every Christian is just like The Army of God or the Westboro Baptist Church, or the Klu Klux Clan.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Yet, as Jesus Christ lay dying on the cross, he asked God to forgive those who killed him. Hmmm ... go figure.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Jesus was guilty of the deadly sin of Wrath.

And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

Matthew 21-12

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The unrepentant, proud of causing murder Pastor Terry Jones, the protesting murderous Muslim fanatics, the Westboro church protesting at soldiers funerals, and all the violently homophobic Christians posting on this board, show that the most violent neo-nazi fanatics commit their crimes in the name of God. All are poster children of how certain sections of organised religion are the very definition of evil, yet all claim to be acting in the name of God. Discussion with such people is usually pointless as they're either clulessly ignorant or violent neo-nazi's. People of good faith from all religious belief systems must not stay silent on the issues of bigotry in religion, and must challenge it wherever it may rear it's ugly head. Failure to do so is complicity with these hate filled maniacs, and the crimes they commit.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Jesus was guilty of the deadly sin of Wrath.

And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

Matthew 21-12

I am not quite sure what the deadly sin of "wrath" is ... could you give me a refresher since your obviously a Jesus expert?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinau
The unrepentant, proud of causing murder Pastor Terry Jones, the protesting murderous Muslim fanatics, the Westboro church protesting at soldiers funerals, and all the violently homophobic Christians posting on this board, show that the most violent neo-nazi fanatics commit their crimes in the name of God. All are poster children of how certain sections of organised religion are the very definition of evil, yet all claim to be acting in the name of God. Discussion with such people is usually pointless as they're either clulessly ignorant or violent neo-nazi's. People of good faith from all religious belief systems must not stay silent on the issues of bigotry in religion, and must challenge it wherever it may rear it's ugly head. Failure to do so is complicity with these hate filled maniacs, and the crimes they commit.

Could you cite the law that Terry Jones has violated?

I am in eager anticipation of your reply.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

It's one of the 7 deadly sins, and when Jesus went into the temple and turned over the tables of the people inside, he committed this sin.

So, when Jesus said to the men before they went about stoning the whore, "Let ye without sin cast the first stone.", he didn't throw one himself because he knew he was a sinner as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

It's one of the 7 deadly sins, and when Jesus went into the temple and turned over the tables of the people inside, he committed this sin.

So, when Jesus said to the men before they went about stoning the whore, "Let ye without sin cast the first stone.", he didn't throw one himself because he knew he was a sinner as well.

Wrath in the biblical sense was not an outward display of anger. I have heard several reference's to "God's wrath" and "Vengenace is mine" etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
To add to my recent post - I am truly curious if Jesus ever instructed his disciples to lie in wait and kill their enemies mercilessly.

Did Budha ever do this? Does Taoism teach this? Judaism? et al?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join