It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Jones defiant despite murders in Afghanistan over Qur'an burning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Terry Jones defiant despite murders in Afghanistan over Qur'an burning

www.guardian.co.uk

Terry Jones defiant despite murders in Afghanistan over Qur'an burningUS pastor is showing no regrets about an act of hatred that provoked a massacre of UN staff amid deadly riotsTweet this Share915 Paul Harris and Paul Gallagher guardian.co.uk, Saturday 2 April 2011 16.38 BST Florida pastor Terry Jones initially desisted after his threat to burn a Qur'an but on 20 March went ahead, sparking violence in Afghanistan. Photograph: Mario Tama/Getty Images The notorious preacher who last month oversaw the burning of a copy of the Qur'an in his Florida church after a mock hearing said anyone
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Pastor Terry Jones and a local group called the Order of the Dragon will protest outside the Islamic Centre of America on Good Friday.

The lawn outside of his church has three signs up which say "Islam is the devil" someone else has wrote "love all men" overtop...

US pastor is showing no regrets about an act of hatred that provoked a massacre of UN staff amid deadly riots...

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
is there a way to remove this bigot from humanity..

he is the one that needs to be beheaded

religion sux

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
He also has plans for his "next day of judgment" when he will have a trial for the Prophet Muhammad...

Is this being done in order to begin the tribulation?

Will this spawn a Holy war for this generation?
edit on 2-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: ...

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Well this just goes to show you the truth about Islam the religion of Violence just like Christianity.

I think religion should be outlawed it brings to much violence in the world. We need a world without religion. Just look at the MiddleEast with all the honor killings and beheadings they are in the Stone Age; Savages.

Oh and BTW i don't think it was that bad of an Idea to burn a Quran these savages in the MiddleEast need to stop worshipping Mohammed because he isn't real hes just a figment of their imagination and he's the number one reason for the violence in the Middle East; remember Allahu Akbar! The religion of PEACE(NOT)
edit on 2-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
edit on 4/3/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Christ never taught hatred. Don't confuse these fools (and there are a lot of them) with real believers, thank you.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Should religions be outlawed? Or should people start following the laws they have set forth...

These are acts of men not God...

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The fact that these 'muslims' go out and kill people because someone burned a book; just shows how sub-human they are. Just stating the facts. These people are crazy about their religion they are dangerous and have been brainwashed to believe in a false prophet Mohammed was a rapist child molester murderer

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This guy's church is about 45 minutes from where I live. It's hard to believe a moron like him could cause trouble throughout the world, particulary Afghanistan. I understand why they are upset, but if you have true "faith" in your religion, you would let the idiot go ahead and do whatever he wants to copies of a BOOK, and not go and kill innocent people who would probably have said "hey man, I dont have a problem with your religion, have faith in whatever you want." Yet they chop off heads and murder those that didn't do anything. The Afghans who did this are completely naive and definetely not intelligent. Terry is no more intelligent then they are, since religion is "supposed" to teach us how to treat eachother as a species. Both sides are complete morons and a perfect example of what is wrong with all of these religions. Have faith, become spiritual, and just follow the goodness your soul takes you. No need to rely so desperately on a book.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
He also has plans for his "next day of judgment" when he will have a trial for the Prophet Muhammad...

Is this being done in order to begin the tribulation?

Will this spawn a Holy war for this generation?

It's sure spawing something bad.

This guy is stirring up way too much violence. I wish something could shut him up, for the good of the many....
He knew it was going to cause problems, yet made the choice anyways.

I agree with abolishing religion. It just causes problems. Too many extremist issues on both sides. People get too involved with the idea of worshipping and preaching, and forget how to behave. People have turned into control freaks, when they should be able to live and let live. Tolerance and patience is forgotten about....

It should at least be made private/personal. Get rid of the institution of blind dogma.
edit on 2-4-2011 by snowspirit because: just ranting....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
When an American dies in Afghanistan because of this preachers idiocy then it will be all hands in the air. He will be scrutinized and liable for his negligence and provocation.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FPB214
This guy's church is about 45 minutes from where I live. It's hard to believe a moron like him could cause trouble throughout the world, particulary Afghanistan.

Yes, it is hard to believe, so hard, in fact, that I question the entire premise of the motive for the attack.

I understand why they are upset,

Why do you think they are upset? Because someone has defiled their religion? Or are they upset because civilians are being killed by the UN/NATO led invasion? What is more angering to an Afghanistan? A book being burned in Florida or their own citizens getting killed by a foreign army (and the UN being the most easily targeted international agency, since military bases would be near impossible to attack).

but if you have true "faith" in your religion, you would let the idiot go ahead and do whatever he wants to copies of a BOOK, and not go and kill innocent people

Exactly, as all people care more about people than books, so with all the wartime propaganda against the Muslims aside, it would make more sense that they are mad at innocent people getting killed then a book being burned, so the attack on the UN is far more plausibly caused by the civilian deaths than the koran burning.

Yet they chop off heads and murder those that didn't do anything.

While murder is rampant, most of that is caused by the CIA funded Taliban and other extremist groups, not every Muslim is a killer just like not every American is a killer.

edit on 2-4-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

he needs beheaded? really? you sound like a knuckle dragging savage.... care to share your sharia love elsewhere?

the man burned a book!!!!

if a muslim burned the bible I guess christians beheading people at the local mosque wouldn't be to blame. I mean after all, burning a book is just cause to murder the nearest innocent person who doesn't share the same faith right..

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

This guy is a moron and a scumbag, why is the media even covering this nonsense? He burned ONE Quran in some tiny church in a tiny town, now it's worldwide front page coverage? The muslims can pile 10,000 bibles on a bonfire and I won't blink, we'll print more.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Americans have been beheaded for these beliefs held by muslims before Terry Jones, you may have seen it for yourself when Nick Burg was beheaded while they shouted God is great.

Did you know Nostradamus predicted a million man strong invasion of US soil...

The Bible speaks of a time when you have to make a choice or be put to death if you refuse the mark. Is this the mark of Cain? Is Muhammad a decendant of Cain? What if these people are in many countries already, awaiting the call of the next mahdi or whatever the hell it is... What would you do if you were ordered to convert or die?
edit on 2-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX

Oh and BTW i don't think it was that bad of an Idea to burn a Quran these savages in the MiddleEast need to stop worshipping Mohammed because he isn't real hes just a figment of their imagination and he's the number one reason for the violence in the Middle East; remember Allahu Akbar! The religion of PEACE(NOT)

Then you say....

The fact that these 'muslims' go out and kill people because someone burned a book; just shows how sub-human they are. Just stating the facts. These people are crazy about their religion they are dangerous and have been brainwashed to believe in a false prophet Mohammed was a rapist child molester murderer

How can someone that isn't real be a child molester murderer?

You seem confused!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
Christ never taught hatred. Don't confuse these fools (and there are a lot of them) with real believers, thank you.

Amen!

Many of the "Christians" like Mr. Jones preach the opposite of what Jesus Christ taught. For those that call Christianity a religion of violence - if all Christians followed what Christ taught, this would not be the case.

Religion should not be outlawed - stupidity, greed, and ignorance should.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I don't think that religion should be outlawed, I think that everyone should have the right to believe in whatever spiritual path suits them.

I think that however, bigotry and hate should be exposed for what it is and shown to the world by the light of day and condemned.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I am having a difficult time understanding why this pastor is being blamed for the murders in Afghanistan. He burned a peice of paper.

Can't we blame murderers for murder and book burners for burning books?

What would Larry Flynt have to say if it had been Jerry Falwell who burned the Quaran?

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
There's a difference here....

I do not support Jones or his claims, but he did not murder anyone. Anyone that advocates physical violence against Jones is also an extremist in my book. So what if he burned a Quran? So what if it were a Bible. It's HIS property and if he chooses to burn it...the law protects his right in doing so.

There is absolutely no way you can blame Jones for the murders committed in Afghanistan. These acts were committed by muslim extremists and they're the only ones guilty of it. If anything, Jones did prove one thing...and that's the extremism that is prevalent in Islamic societies world wide.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join