It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Hearts and Brains Emit Energy Fields

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Read up more on the GCP, def sounds like a load of hogwash. They determine anomalies by looking for anomalies before, during, and after "big event" and disregard non anomalies altogether. Basically, confirmation bias. They;re looking for what they want to see and when they don't see it, it get's ignored as oh it just wasn't that big a deal.

www.skepdic.com...

What I can't find is any evidence for the mechanism that would initiate these anomalies. It just happens and that's good enough for them! Damn the science behind it or any further investigation. True-believer syndrome at it's finest.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by Realtruth

That movie is by far the worst source of information on quantum physics I've seen in my life.

Well posting the video's where more or less to prove a point, since you ignored my last question in regards to senses and the mind being deceived.

It almost doesn't matter what is put in front of us, facts, information, findings, because they are all subjective, nothing is fact, since the mind and five senses can be deceived.

Our minds and five senses can be deceived period, so what is left?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Get real.

That's the message.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Dude, don't you get it? I'm done discussing this issue with you.

You weren't discussing it with me in the first place, it was a post you made to someone else.

See?:

Originally posted by SystemResistor
Our entire body, our entire nervous system is basically one giant electrical circuit. You have to be able to develop a stable electomagnetic field in order to reach higher states of consciousness.

There's no validity in that statement at all. The nervous system is not strictly electrical, it's electrochemical, never forget that. Higher state of consciousness just means having better control over your mind and will. You don't reach some amazing enlightenment and knowledge or any of the other new age concept associated with higher consciousness.

That is your ENTIRE POST, so go ahead and accuse me of taking it out of context again.

Your a damn troll, please, give it a rest.

I'm going to give you a free reality check, right here on the philosophy forums.

You're making claims, and I'm asking you to prove them. Instead you call me "a damn troll."

So here's where the reality check comes in. You're the troll, because you make claims, refuse to back them up, and then start making immature insults and calling names on top of that. I'm sorry that you can't prove the claims you make. But that's not my fault, it's yours.

That wasn't in reply to you. OK, now I'm done with just saying anything to you from here on out in this thread. Have a good one!

I'm going to continue calling out every fraudulent claim you make on this thread regardless of whether you respond to me or not. You're not so much damned smarter than everyone else that you can make stuff up and never have to source it, and we all just believe you.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Get real.

That's the message.

I'm deeply, deeply offended.
But I guess I'll just have to wait for you to come up with a serious criticism of the OP or anything else said here, before I can really respond to you.

For now you must just be passing by on the same trollboat as Sirnex. He doesn't have anything else to say to me either now. That's funny, huh?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Well posting the video's where more or less to prove a point, since you ignored my last question in regards to senses and the mind being deceived.

I didn't ignore it. I said:

And yes, our senses can be deceived, but this is more of a how information gets processed issue than it is one of ZOMG I CHANGED REALITY!!!1oneone!1

It almost doesn't matter what is put in front of us, facts, information, findings, because they are all subjective, nothing is fact, since the mind and five senses can be deceived.

I don't think plummeting towards the earth from 10 stories high is very subjective, even if your tripping on a high dosage of acid and your senses are all screwed up making you experience and see something else. Point is, senses deceived or not, the end result ends up with you in a bloody mess. So perhaps we can objectively label some things as facts after all!

Our minds and five senses can be deceived period, so what is left?

Drop some acid and run around the African plains, tell me what's left after that.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Something to ponder since quantum physics has been applied to this argument.

Electrons act differently when observed.

After this experiment people said, "It must just be the measurement that effects the results.

But it isn't...

Originally posted by Jezus
This is the experiment the proves measuring is not what collapses the wave function.

The availability of information to a conscious observer collapse the wave function.

A Double-Slit Quantum Eraser Experiment
grad.physics.sunysb.edu...

"This experiment uses the phenomena of interference, produced by light incident on a double slit, to investigate the quantum mechanical principle of complementarity between the wave and particle characteristics of light. Using a special state of light, Walborn and his coworkers created an interference pattern, made a "which-way" measurement which destroyed the interference, and then erased the "which-way" marker, bringing the interference back. This experiment clearly displays the way in which nature is counterintuitive on the quantum scale and makes it clear that our ways of thinking based on our everyday experiences in the classical world are often completely inadequate to understand the quantum world."

Delayed Erasure

"Next the erasure measurement is performed. Before photon p can encounter the polarizer, s will be detected. Yet it is found that the interference pattern is still restored. It seems photon s knows the "which-way" marker has been erased and that the interference behavior should be present again, without a secret signal from photon p. "

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

The human mind is not part of those experiments. The mind itself does not nor can not do any direct observation of anything without information being inputed to it by the sensory organs first. Just as hormonal responses don't create powerful EM fields that affect planetary magnetic fields. Nor is that movie an accurate portrayal of quantum physics, so if anyone is curious about it, find a science website that explains it.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

The point is that deleting information influenced the results of an experiment.

If you understand what information is you will understand it means a consciousness observer is a factor.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

You've already demonstrated that you're just as averse, if not more averse, to backing up any of the claims you make, as you accuse the OP.

Why should anyone take any of your posts seriously when you throw awful temper tantrums and cuss at people when they ask you to back up your claims with sources?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

reply to post by sirnex

The point is that deleting information influenced the results of an experiment.

If you understand what information is you will understand it means a consciousness observer is a factor.

No information is deleted in the experiment. Probably this isn't why one should get their scientific information from fringe movies geared towards sensationalized entertainment. Nor does the mind have a DIRECT PHYSICAL influence upon the experiments involved. You don't detach your mind, float through nothingness, change everything and then float back into your body. The mind plays no DIRECTLY PHYSICAL role.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

No information is deleted in the experiment.

Maybe you should take another look at the experiment...

This is the experiment the proves measuring is not what collapses the wave function.

The availability of information to a conscious observer collapse the wave function.

A Double-Slit Quantum Eraser Experiment
grad.physics.sunysb.edu...

"This experiment uses the phenomena of interference, produced by light incident on a double slit, to investigate the quantum mechanical principle of complementarity between the wave and particle characteristics of light. Using a special state of light, Walborn and his coworkers created an interference pattern, made a "which-way" measurement which destroyed the interference, and then erased the "which-way" marker, bringing the interference back. This experiment clearly displays the way in which nature is counterintuitive on the quantum scale and makes it clear that our ways of thinking based on our everyday experiences in the classical world are often completely inadequate to understand the quantum world."

Delayed Erasure

"Next the erasure measurement is performed. Before photon p can encounter the polarizer, s will be detected. Yet it is found that the interference pattern is still restored. It seems photon s knows the "which-way" marker has been erased and that the interference behavior should be present again, without a secret signal from photon p. "

The mind plays no DIRECTLY PHYSICAL role.

Not sure what you mean by "directly physical role".

But the point is this.

The existence of information influences the results of the experiment.

Why does this mean consciousness is a factor?

Because of what raw data really is.

Information is not physically related to what it describes.
Information is fundamentally abstract.
Information is only meaningful to consciousness that can decode the message.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Nor does the mind have a DIRECT PHYSICAL influence upon the experiments involved.

Source?

You're always slipping in baseless claims like this as if it's already proven, when in reality you have nothing to show for it. This is why you have temper tantrums when we call you on posting all this crap.

If you don't already have a source or proof ready, don't post it. The other posters you are responding to here already do as much for you.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

It's superstitious garbage and propaganda trying to push a spiritualist everything is connected message.

Care to prove that everything is NOT connected, on some level as in quantum?
Something to ponder....

Don't let the new age music dilute this notion, examine the evidence. it is my opinion that this supports the idea of oneness more than discredits it.

All matter is made of atoms. The simplest atom is the atom of Hydrogen which consists of a proton (+ positively charged) and an electron (- negatively charged) orbiting around the nucleus. 75% of matter in the universe consists of Hydrogen and the rest is made of Helium which is in the stars such as our sun where nuclear fusion (deuterium and tritium fuse to form Helium and Energy) takes place resulting in release of energy (heat and light). The physicists have determined accurately the mass, charge, spin, etc of the proton and the electron. The diameter of the proton, the distance between the proton and the electron has also been precisely determined. The proton to electron mass ratio is 1837. That is one proton is equal to 1837 electrons. Why the ratio is 1837 and not 1500 or 2000? The answer will give you the existence of God. When the hydrogen found on any planet in the solar system or in our sun is analyzed, we find it to be identical to
that found on the earth. Our sun is one of the 200 billion stars in our Galaxy called the Milky Way Galaxy. The
hydrogen in any star in the Milky Way Galaxy is identical to that found on earth. There are about 200 billion Galaxies
in the Universe. The nearest Galaxy is the Andromeda Galaxy. The properties of Hydrogen in any Galaxy are identical
to that found on Earth.

www.scribd.com...
Granted this has a religious connection with the author, but the science still stands, quantum entanglement.

Some more info:
Hawkings
Science Details

Peace brother,

Spec
edit on 7-4-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Identical in properties, not identical as in the same exact one thing and it's the only one in all of existence and everything has it due to entanglement. People really need to get off this new age sensationalist garbage that misrepresents science.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Not sure what you mean by "directly physical role".

Exactly as it's implied. The instruments do the measuring/observing, the mind is incapable of such a feat. You can't detach it, all information first goes through the five senses, then to the brain for processing and then the mind is able to make use of that.

But the point is this.

The existence of information influences the results of the experiment.

Why does this mean consciousness is a factor?

Because of what raw data really is.

Information is not physically related to what it describes.
Information is fundamentally abstract.
Information is only meaningful to consciousness that can decode the message.

The mind is only capable of making use of information *after* it's been processed. The mind has no direct connection to the world around it. You wouldn't experience anything without your five senses or your brain to process the information received by them.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

You better hope you don't live much longer, because you're going to be seeing a lot more science right up this thread's alley within the next 20 years. Princeton, Stanford, and a lot of other big names are taking what you consider crazy new age stuff very seriously, and there has already been a lot of advances studying it. You apparently just aren't connecting the dots the way the rest of us are, because they take it seriously for the exact same reasons that so many of us here take it seriously. It makes sense. I don't guess you're a research scientist with a big university yourself are you?

Save all your arrogant condescension for then, and remember my words, too.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Okay..I agree with you I guess.

But that doesn't change the fact the the existence of information changes the experimental results.

Measure and keep = wave function
Measure and delete = wave function collapses

So you take this combined with the fact that information is not physically related to experimental results and you come to the conclusion that consciousness is a factor.

Raw data is nothing without consciousness to give it meaning.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

So you take this combined with the fact that information is not physically related to experimental results and you come to the conclusion that consciousness is a factor.

Raw data is nothing without consciousness to give it meaning.

I get it. An apple is an apple because we associate an abstract grouping of symbols that inherently have no purpose or meaning in and of themselves other than that we understand those abstract squiggles as signifying what type of fruit we're eating.

Without those symbols and words, the fruit still exists. Same as the physical processes that take place in our universe. They kept plugging away for billions upon billions of years before we were ever around to describe them abstractly through language and mathematics. Consciousness is NOT a factor.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Same as the physical processes that take place in our universe. They kept plugging away for billions upon billions of years before we were ever around to describe them abstractly through language and mathematics. Consciousness is NOT a factor.

Ironic that this also has nothing to do with proof, because it would be impossible to take measurements before we were even here. What you're referring to are more unsubstantiated theories, but I notice you have no problem posting them now as if they're proven fact. The age of the universe, or even the Earth itself, isn't even a hard fact. They're theories.

Also saying consciousness is not a factor, is not a proven fact. It's an assumption you are making, that is not indicated in any way by the data posted above. In fact it would be very easy to see how consciousness could fit into the data, even without hard proof. But like I said, while you insult and trash-talk that theory, you post others as if they were already proven, without a second thought. Just more proof, as if we needed any, that you yourself are extremely biased, and vitriolic on top of that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join