It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Hearts and Brains Emit Energy Fields

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
You don't reach some amazing enlightenment and knowledge or any of the other new age concept associated with higher consciousness.

Spoken by a true authority on hard limitations of consciousness and knowledge.

How many months did you spend meditating in the mountains before you came to that final conclusion? Let me guess, you have a link to a scientific study to back that up, too?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You can let it be now man. Sirnex is "DONE" (according to their last post)
We know what you've been trying to say and the valid points you have made and the INCREDIBLE effort you have gone to in order to clarify for Sirnex ( who I'm convinced must be a computer or some kind of robot...!) So rest easy and spend your energy continuing to enlighten the rest of as beautifully as you have.

edit on 6-4-2011 by 5senses because: add

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses
You can let it be now man. Sirnex is "DONE" (according to their last post)

Nah, he's not really done, he just gave up on trying to argue "facts" that are obviously wrong in every sense of the word.... for now. Or, for a few minutes, before he posted that new one above.

We know what you've been trying to say and the valid points you have made and the INCREDIBLE effort you have gone to in order to clarify for Sirnex ( who I'm convinced must be a computer or some kind of robot...!) So rest easy and spend your energy continuing to enlighten the rest of as beautifully as you have.

I'm the kind of person that wants to tackle the biggest problems first. "Sirnex" is unique in the mentality he represents here, which I consider most out-of-touch with the level of discussion common here on the philosophy and metaphysics forum.

I realize to anyone else on this thread I'm preaching to the choir, but I'm not really posting for those people. I'm posting for Sirnex, because he's the one having the most difficulty with the subjects discussed on this part of ATS. For someone who claims to be an Einsteinian, that party is about a half century old already and he still hasn't really even made it that far.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

It's a lost cause trying to talk some sense into these "spiritual" people. They're out of their minds, and proud of it.

I've tried for quite some time on this site, but they are dead on in denial, and it doesn't seem as if much of what you or I or anyone else says will really matter much.

Let them be. I just consider them children at play. Of course, they will take pride in this as well. It's not as if what I meant was that they're naive to world matters or anything. Oh yes, they like this thought, too.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You constantly misrepresent science; specifically quantum physics. I've let you play on for far too long. You will be called out from here on.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by sirnex

It's a lost cause trying to talk some sense into these "spiritual" people. They're out of their minds, and proud of it.

I've tried for quite some time on this site, but they are dead on in denial, and it doesn't seem as if much of what you or I or anyone else says will really matter much.

Let them be. I just consider them children at play. Of course, they will take pride in this as well. It's not as if what I meant was that they're naive to world matters or anything. Oh yes, they like this thought, too.

I just don't get it. I say one thing and they go off on a rampage about something I wasn't even talking about whilst pretending they think they're winning some great debate. I honestly can't believe the great lengths that one person went through to argue literally nothing, then again I'm somewhat ashamed with myself for even replying to begin with. Just amazes me how many times I've had to mention my criticism against the OP's video only to not have that criticism answered. Christ.... hands and arms...

Sometimes it's just funny.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 5senses

I def wouldn't mind being a robot! Not like the terminator kind though, more like Data from star trek.

pointless second line to a pointless reply, but I'm bored right now so sue me.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
How about we stay on topic, instead of getting to far of topic?

Second line: Stay on topic please.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

So what message are you trying to preach to us that we aren't taking to?

A lot of criticism in your post but no meat and potatoes.

You constantly misrepresent science; specifically quantum physics. I've let you play on for far too long. You will be called out from here on.

Damn, now I'm scared. Especially if you're as keen on straightforward logic and sourcing your claims as Sirnex is. You should have jumped in already.
edit on 6-4-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I just don't get it. I say one thing and they go off on a rampage about something I wasn't even talking about whilst pretending they think they're winning some great debate.

Come on now, who's really in denial? I included your full quotes every time I responded to them.

Here's the latest example from you:

You don't reach some amazing enlightenment and knowledge or any of the other new age concept associated with higher consciousness.

Now are you going to back that up with science, or qualify it as an opinion?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
How about we stay on topic, instead of getting to far of topic?

Second line: Stay on topic please.

I agree, I would have loved to have stayed on topic and I've tried many times to stick to the topic. Just a shame some people have to derail threads and discuss things that have nothing to do with what's trying to be discussed.

According to the Global Consciousness Project wiki page, there was an independent study in regards to the 9/11 thing mentioned in the OP's video which did not arrive at the same conclusions as the GCP. In all fairness, if human hormones had any affect, should not all studies have shown the same results confirming the claims instead of just one biased study which specifically looks to prove it's own claims?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Can you PLEASE stop trolling?

I said I'm done discussing your topic of hands and arms with you. Now your just trolling the damn thread, get over yourself. I told you I'm done.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Something to ponder since quantum physics has been applied to this argument.

Electrons act differently when observed.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Something to ponder since quantum physics has been applied to this argument.

Electrons act differently when observed.

Yes, but something to equally keep in mind is that the mind never does any direct observing. The mind doesn't have any role as an observer in QM. It can't, not according to it's definition of the observer effect.

although it is clear from experiment that an "observer" consisting of a single electron is sufficient—the observer need not be a conscious observer.
en.wikipedia.org...

Everything we perceive from the world around us first get's 'observed' by our five sensory organs. That information is then sent to various parts of the brain to be processed into information that we can make sense of.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This may be true, but everyone of our five sensory organs can be deceived, thus making everything we take in questionable, hence we have to rely on a bit of faith and our intuitions, which are very difficult to quantify, with said deceivable senses.

Almost like a cough, cough Religion, but without the dogma.

Senses seem they can always be deceived, but yet intuitions have never been wrong for me personally, not once.

Quantifying something that is very difficult because of the cumbersome way of communication we call typing or speaking, is subjective in itself, then add our five deceivable senses, and you get what has already transpired on this thread.

Everything we perceive from the world around us first get's 'observed' by our five sensory organs. That information is then sent to various parts of the brain to be processed into information that we can make sense of.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Here is another video to ponder on.

According to studies our minds can be deceived, what we see with our eyes open, or closed the mind cannot seem to differentiate, so what is left to valid with?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

That movie is by far the worst source of information on quantum physics I've seen in my life.

It's far from accurate, misquotes and misrepresents the science behind quantum physics, and makes wild conclusions from these misrepresentations about QM that QM itself says nothing about. I'm surprised this is still being used as a source of information, I thought it was well known that this movie was utter garbage.

Bernie Hobbs, a science writer with ABC Science Online, explains why the movie is wrong about quantum physics and reality; "The observer effect of quantum physics isn't about people or reality. It comes from the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, and it's about the limitations of trying to measure the position and momentum of subatomic particles... this only applies to sub-atomic particles—a rock doesn't need you to bump into it to exist. It's there. The sub-atomic particles that make up the atoms that make up the rock are there too." Hobbs also discusses Hagelin's experiment with Transcendental Meditation and the Washington DC rate of violent crime, saying that "the number of murders actually went up." Hobbs also disputed the film's use of the ten percent myth.[18]
en.wikipedia.org...!%3F#Academic_reaction

A few of the scientists interviews for that film were pissed that a lot of their material was edited to make it appear as if they agree with the underlying lies the film put out.

David Albert, a professor at the Columbia University physics department, has accused the filmmakers of warping his ideas to fit a spiritual agenda. "I don't think it's quite right to say I was 'tricked' into appearing," he said in a statement reposted by a critic on "What the Bleep's" Internet forum, "but it is certainly the case that I was edited in such a way as to completely suppress my actual views about the matters the movie discusses. I am, indeed, profoundly unsympathetic to attempts at linking quantum mechanics with consciousness. Moreover, I explained all that, at great length, on camera, to the producers of the film ... Had I known that I would have been so radically misrepresented in the movie, I would certainly not have agreed to be filmed."

"I certainly do not subscribe to the 'Ramtha School on Enlightenment,' whatever that is!" he finished. Albert provided Salon with an excerpt from a piece he's writing on the subject, in which he says, in part, "I'm unwittingly made to sound as if (maybe) I endorse its thesis."
www.salon.com...

Just saying...

EDIT:

And yes, our senses can be deceived, but this is more of a how information gets processed issue than it is one of ZOMG I CHANGED REALITY!!!1oneone!1
edit on 6-4-2011 by sirnex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I agree, I would have loved to have stayed on topic and I've tried many times to stick to the topic.

Is that why you never posted any science to refute the video in the OP, and you ignored the data provided by the consciousness research project Princeton is hosting until just now? You even suggested other scientists disagreed with their findings, but when I asked you who, you ignored that and never responded either.

According to the Global Consciousness Project wiki page, there was an independent study in regards to the 9/11 thing mentioned in the OP's video which did not arrive at the same conclusions as the GCP. In all fairness, if human hormones had any affect, should not all studies have shown the same results confirming the claims instead of just one biased study which specifically looks to prove it's own claims?

When two studies come to different conclusions, can I see what methodology you used to determine which one was acting on preconceived bias and which one wasn't?

The GCP has been studying a lot more than 9/11. I could post more data from them but I have a feeling you don't even want to see it.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Can you PLEASE stop trolling?

I said I'm done discussing your topic of hands and arms with you. Now your just trolling the damn thread, get over yourself. I told you I'm done.

No, no, you're a little confused.

I've also moved on from that discussion. And since then, you posted this new line of crap:

Did you just post that, or not?

Where is your scientific evidence to back it up?

And yes, our senses can be deceived, but this is more of a how information gets processed issue than it is one of ZOMG I CHANGED REALITY!!!1oneone!1

Should I take this as another unsupported claim of yours, that humans can't change reality now either?

You would make this a lot easier on yourself if you didn't just make stuff up by yourself, out of your own belief system, and then pretend you yourself are science. Do you get what I'm saying? All these emotional rants you go on are full of information that isn't based on anything, and it's too easy to call it out.
edit on 6-4-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Dude, don't you get it? I'm done discussing this issue with you. Why are you so hung up on trying to continue? I'm done being misquoted and taken out of context and I don't want to hear anything else about hands and arms as I never discussed hands and arms. Your a damn troll, please, give it a rest.

I've also moved on from that discussion. And since then, you posted this new line of crap:

That wasn't in reply to you. OK, now I'm done with just saying anything to you from here on out in this thread. Have a good one!
edit on 6-4-2011 by sirnex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join