It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Facebook Privacy Issue

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by finitydream
reply to post by just_julie

He was in his bedroom

Wow, not meaning to de-rail the thread but that is horrible.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I can see from an employer standpoint when you have a contract to work a set amount of hours and lying to have a day off sick is dumb but it's still a privacy issue. Thank god I deleted my Facebook account.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

regarding the dumping of girlfriends/boyfriends on facebook, this happened to a guy i knew in the fb's infancy. he was gutted to say the least. i thought he was on the verge of suicide. after having a conversation with him, it seemed that what affected him the most was the fact that he felt everyone else knew before he did. i am sure this fb venture will throw up further surprises along the way.
f

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
interesting , but why has ur friend quit his job??
does he have any reason to quit ?
if not than he should stop the drama and should have kept his JOB that some don't have

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
My wife had to quit Facebook just a few days ago. Someone she added as a "friend" hacked her Yahoo email and changed the password because she refused to talk about her sex life, and then later that day she, and her sister both, got as nice virus from a Facebook game called "Country Life." She finally was able to get into her emails, the fool changed the password to his username, so it was easy to guess. The two girls are done with Facebook and Yahoo, and I think everyone else should abandon them also. We use Time Warner Roadrunner, she making a new free, pop 3 email account is very easy, and now Thunderbird handles all of their emails. Also, both decided to run Linux from now on.

The virus installed a "virus protection" program that deletes all internet browsers so you cannot go online, and completely takes over the Windows computer. It has no un-install script, and cannot be taken out without erasing the drive.

Koobface virus hits Facebook

Facebook Virus Turns Your Computer into a Zombie

Hello, I got you a surprise [WARNING - Facebook Virus]

Facebook Warns of New Viruses [Alert]

I think we all have to ask ourselves the question, what is Facebook's true agenda?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by B4Truth

They quit because this is the last straw for them.

They used to love thier job and actually enjoyed going into work, but over the last few years they have seen a shift in the banks priorities and practices.

As an example...the bank shut down 2 Canadian call centers and moved them to India (common practice now). When customers started complaining about the service they were getting the INTERNAL response from the bank was that people were racist and were just going to have to get used to it. Service quality didn't matter, it was good for the bank so it was good for the customers.

I understand the point you are making, however morals and ethics are still very strong in some people.

A paycheck at any cost is not always an option.

edit on 3-4-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join