Wikipedia - 9/11 conspiracy theories

page: 1
3

log in

join

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Well what do you guys think? have you ever looked at this stuff?




(I once found this chart on wikipedia... but I can't find it now, sure it's somewhere
linked to that page.)






a myth popular with 9/11 conspiracy theorists is that 4,000 Jewish employees skipped work at the World Trade Center on September 11 after being warned by Israeli intelligence.[



When was this myth ever popular? I think the myth was more like 25 Jewish employees
(which could be true for all I know)... not 4,000.

I'm trying to figure out how this piece of [snip] theory got associated with what the average
9/11 'truther' believes.... and I saw a segment on CNN about this myth also.

I wouldn't even think that 4,000 Jews would work at the WTC... much less 4,000 skipping out
on work the day of 9/11.




anyway... I'm gonna read through the wikipedia page sometime and see what else pops out.


anything you add? anything you wish was left out?


Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 4/3/2011 by tothetenthpower because: censor/note




posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   


...I'm trying to figure out how this piece of $hit theory got associated with what the average
9/11 'truther' believes...


Never heard of this until today. It's Wikipedia...user-generated; that says everything. It's there, doesn't mean it's true...doesn't mean it's in any way really associated to the 9/11 truthers' ...in any significant proportion, at least.



posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029
 




Now we need a poll to ask how many people think the US Government was behind al Qaeda



posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don't think Israel or a cabal of American Jews were behind 9-11. I do not believe that there is one piece of hard evidence that could ever be used in court (vs. the Internet) that has ever arisen to support such an idea.

Having said that, I have certainly heard of this theory, many, many times. There are threads and posts on ATS that discuss it in fact and the ADL has a full page dedicated to debunking this.

Given that, I think it is entirely appropriate to add and include this in any list of 9-11 conspiracy theories. It doesn't mean it is true, in fact including in a list which by definition must include a large number of moonbats (since not very conspiracy theory can be true) is appropriate.



posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029
 


Doomsday 2029,

I believe they are referring to the instant messaging company Odigo. This involves only 2 employees, not 4000 ,so where they came up with that number is beyond me.

That being said, the Odigo story is truly a puzzler. Here is a link to the Haaretz.com story...

www.haaretz.com...

Cheers!



posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Landru

Having said that, I have certainly heard of this theory, many, many times. There are threads and posts on ATS that discuss it in fact and the ADL has a full page dedicated to debunking this.

Given that, I think it is entirely appropriate to add and include this in any list of 9-11 conspiracy theories. It doesn't mean it is true, in fact including in a list which by definition must include a large number of moonbats (since not very conspiracy theory can be true) is appropriate.



Of course you think it should be included in anything referring to so called 9-11 conspiracy theories, just one more blatant lie to add to the multiple lies created by the Debunker movement.

Let us speak the truth. The fact is the 4000 "jew" were warned assertion is a Debunker fabricated story used to brand all Truthers as total nut cases. Which based off your comments, I'm betting your leaning towards the Debunker side of theorizing and bashing.

Hessling, posted the truth, it is FACT, of course unless you believe that not only was Haaretz lying, but so was the CEO of Odigo. The FACT is that two of the Odigo employees, received messages warning them of the attack that was to occur that day. Odigo, is a US based company with offices in NYC and Israel, and apparently a instant messaging service favored by Israelis(at the time).

A quote from the article...




Micha Macover, CEO of the company, said the two workers received the messages and immediately after the terror attack informed the company's management, which immediately contacted the Israeli security services, which brought in the FBI.

"I have no idea why the message was sent to these two workers, who don't know the sender. It may just have been someone who was joking and turned out they accidentally got it right. And I don't know if our information was useful in any of the arrests the FBI has made," said Macover. Odigo is a U.S.-based company whose headquarters are in New York, with offices in Herzliya


So it is a fact, that at least two Odigo employees were warned of the attack that morning. Who warned them appears to still be a mystery to the general public.

The debunkers love to connect truthers and anyone else who doesn't believe the official story with the blind hatred of all Jewish people. This is a easy way to discredit (anyone) let alone truthers, they have no qualms about doing this either. Just a means to a end, the end being the total destruction of anyone opposing the official story, and you better believe it's by any means necessary to accomplish their goals.



posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PersonalChoice

Of course you think it should be included in anything referring to so called 9-11 conspiracy theories, just one more blatant lie to add to the multiple lies created by the Debunker movement.

Let us speak the truth. The fact is the 4000 "jew" were warned assertion is a Debunker fabricated story used to brand all Truthers as total nut cases. Which based off your comments, I'm betting your leaning towards the Debunker side of theorizing and bashing.

Hessling, posted the truth, it is FACT, of course unless you believe that not only was Haaretz lying, but so was the CEO of Odigo. The FACT is that two of the Odigo employees, received messages warning them of the attack that was to occur that day. Odigo, is a US based company with offices in NYC and Israel, and apparently a instant messaging service favored by Israelis(at the time).

A quote from the article...




Micha Macover, CEO of the company, said the two workers received the messages and immediately after the terror attack informed the company's management, which immediately contacted the Israeli security services, which brought in the FBI.

"I have no idea why the message was sent to these two workers, who don't know the sender. It may just have been someone who was joking and turned out they accidentally got it right. And I don't know if our information was useful in any of the arrests the FBI has made," said Macover. Odigo is a U.S.-based company whose headquarters are in New York, with offices in Herzliya


So it is a fact, that at least two Odigo employees were warned of the attack that morning. Who warned them appears to still be a mystery to the general public.

The debunkers love to connect truthers and anyone else who doesn't believe the official story with the blind hatred of all Jewish people. This is a easy way to discredit (anyone) let alone truthers, they have no qualms about doing this either. Just a means to a end, the end being the total destruction of anyone opposing the official story, and you better believe it's by any means necessary to accomplish their goals.


Everything you said could be true. Yet is so beside the point and so very ODD from that someone who purports to know the TRUTH and the FACTs behind this would react with such vitriol. It is an odd strawman and/or reading comprehension problem. Lets review paraphrased:

In the Hoaxes forum Doomsday2029 says look at this crazy 4,000 myth, when was this ever popular? it is crazy
Landrusays, yep its crazy alright, but I have heard enough of this that it should be in any list of 9-11 conspiracy theories
Personal Choice weighs in wagging a finger at me WHAT!!!OF COURSE YOU WOULD SAY THAT PERSON I NEVER MET, I WILL PICK A PIECE OF THIS THEORY AND SAY IT IS SO CRAZY THAT IT IS ACTUALLY BEING USED TO DEBUNK THE FACTS AND TRUTH THAT I KNOW TO BE TRUE INA RELATED THEORY!!!! YOU ARE A DEBUNKER LANDRU!!!!!.
Wow.
edit on 3-4-2011 by Landru because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius
 





It's Wikipedia...user-generated; that says everything. It's there, doesn't mean it's true...


Guess what, so is ATS and allot of members regard the “information” on this site as absolute fact.



posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Landru
 


Oh yeah Landru, I'm so far off base the way I interpreted your post....You mention the ADL debunking of this falsehood, then you assert that there's no evidence to support this debunker falsehood, yet in the same breath you say it should be included in anything talking about 9/11 conspiracies. Then there's the moonbat comment, please forgive me if I assumed you identified with the Debunker mindset.

That being said(and we're not in the hoaxes forum btw), I also would bet you don't frequent this forum much(if you did you would know that the vast majority of 9/11 debunkers are rude, immoral, bullies and as such deserve only the respect that is required to post on ATS), but trust me your assertion that lies like the one we're talking about should be included just because of some of the other totally insane lies that surround 9/11, is music to the debunkers ears. Obviously, I detest the way debunkers operate, I apologize for biting your head off, it was nothing personal. I don't consider myself a truther or debunker, but both are guilty of spreading complete falsehoods, like this 4000 jew thing, I was simply pointing out that it arose from the the Odigo story. Which needs to be pointed out to anyone who cares.



posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

a myth popular with 9/11 conspiracy theorists is that 4,000 Jewish employees skipped work at the World Trade Center on September 11 after being warned by Israeli intelligence.


When was this myth ever popular? I think the myth was more like 25 Jewish employees
(which could be true for all I know)... not 4,000.


It was popular right after 9/11, when all the "experts" were saying that the fire must have melted the columns.

The 9/11 Wikipedia pages have all kinds of distortions, exaggerations, missing citations, misinformation, etc. In this case, like you suggest, I don't think this is a "popular" theory anymore, especially amongst those who have actually been following these issues for so many years already. It's about as popular as the original theories from structural engineers that the columns melted because of the fire.

You could try and actually add citations, revise the language to avoid baseless and misleading assertions such as shown above, but some troll or DoD employee would just come back and change everything back.



posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029
 


The number could have been 4,000 initially, reduced to 25 once common sense kicked in. A newspaper headline (which I still have, and may scan at some point) on September 12th 2001 warned that the death toll could hit ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND.



posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Just keep in mind that the CIA is one of the top editors of Wikipedia. Don't expect much truth there when it comes to controversial political topics. I've had relevant, factually-backed info about 9/11, Skull and Bones, and other topics taken off Wikipedia time after time after time. Corporations and governments have armies of paid Internet trolls to manage these kinds of sites.



posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   


Just keep in mind that the CIA is one of the top editors of Wikipedia.


It's baseless things like this that brand the truthers. One could just as easily say that moonshiners are one of the top editors of Wiki.



posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451
reply to post by Doomsday 2029
 




Now we need a poll to ask how many people think the US Government was behind al Qaeda


yeah its all about the polls

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
which is why they say don't trust wikipedia. They could easily pay some people to just sit there and edit wikipedia to make any type of conspiracy theories seem ridiculous. The history books of the future will offer a foot note talking about how people thought the government was behind the attacks but oh were they wrong. Eventually the foot notes will be erased entirely. It's funny that the government on one hand tries to deny that conspiracy theories have any foothold in the mainstream, but on the other hand they are constantly invoking conspiracy theories as a scapegoat for gun rampages and domestic violence. They are always paranoid about the "sovereign citizen movement" yet try to marginalize the issue as a foot note.



posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029
 


I think this is the page you were looking for...
Wikipedia: September 11 attacks opinion polls

Here's another graph from the page...






new topics
top topics
 
3

log in

join