It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO airstrike killed 13 Libyan Rebels in Friendly Fire!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

NATO airstrkike killed 13 Libyan Rebels in Friendly Fire!

www.latimes.com

Reporting from Benghazi, Libya— Thirteen rebel fighters were killed in a NATO airstrike, the opposition's chief spokesman said Saturday, but the attack drew little anger against the West as fighters continued to rely on the alliance's warplanes to hold off Libyan leader Moammar Kadafi.

The incident late Friday came as North Atlantic Treaty Organization warplanes struck government forces' positions on the edges of Port Brega, a contested city on the edge of rebel-controlled eastern territory.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2-4-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: I misspelled airstrike.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Man i believe this is the first friendly fire incidents in Libya right? I mean who's NATO airstrike belong to anyways? I know that UK and France are taking the role but what i heard that it was US-Led operation. i think i heard another incident where a rebels shot down their own planes which killed a pilot after their ejected too late. Anyone had comment on this incident?

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So NATO killed 13 rebels, so that only leaves what a hundred or so left.

Well thats about all i seem to see on the news, Are we sure this was a majority uprising

edit on 2-4-2011 by ken10 because: Its not funny really.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It's amazing how desensatized I am to such news. My first thought when reading an article like this is..."that's what happens in war".... which is true, .... sad, but true. Praise God we have never seen war on American soil. Praise God!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by milano

Maybe if you swapped out your Bible for a History book you might learn amongst other things the War of 1812, when the British sacked Washington D.C. which kind of sounds like an attack on American soil to me.

Technically Hawaii was not a State when Pearl Harbor occured, and neither was Texas when the Alamo occured.

Between the Indian Wars, Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, and the Civil War, America has seen plenty of warfare on it's soil, and ultimately we are bound to see warfare on our soil when the world tires of us being the 'police man' of the world for the Bible Thumpers who do so often quite ignorantly support it while praising God!

edit on 2/4/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
just yesterday i heard that gaddafis troops have left their tanks and instead are driving around in similar cars and trucks to the rebels, proving a major problem for pilots distinguishing the enemy....and now this story...sheesh
edit on 2-4-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Eloquently put. You're one of my favorite posters on here.

Québec has seen it's fair share of battles too.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Ha Ha you ripped him a new one! But as far as us seeing war on american soil again how would they get past our nukes? Thats what would ultimately keep us from being invaded. They would have to send out an EMP or something to shut them down.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
just yesterday i heard that gaddafis troops have left their tanks and instead are driving around in similar cars and trucks to the rebels, proving a major problem for pilots distinguishing the enemy....and now this story...sheesh
edit on 2-4-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

I agree. I'm not sure who's aircraft was it i just want to know who's is it. You are correct. Regardless, friendly fire incidents are always tragic and unavoidable. It will continue to happen because the biggest flaw are us humans because we're not perfect. War isnt orchestrated like a book and situations can change in minutes so nothing can ever be certain.

top topics

join