It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddha Statues Malaysia - Moving and Emitting Light (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I really don't know what to think of this report in the Epoch Times so thought I'd bring it here for dissection:

www.theepochtimes.com...

My first impressions were WOW! but then I wondered if it was a human sprayed gold but looking again - I really don't know. There are four videos and bearing in mind the honesty portrayed in this religion I'm left dumbfounded.

What do others think?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
In some of the links posted I did see its lips open and shut like it was talking. Wonder how solid metal or plaster can do this?
edit on 2-4-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Really? You can't tell this is due to the camera? How come there is no excitement in the crowd?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I call bluff, then again, I wasn't there.

From the video, all I can see is how Youtube's rendering of the video makes the lips pixelate at times, making it seem the lips are moving. The camera is too shaky to tell if the chest is doing anything, and the light may be just intensified reflection off of a mirror, so I doubt it. But I cannot vouch for anything, for as I said, I was not present.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

Yeah, I'm calling crappy cameras on these. The article mentions that the people didn't see anything when they were actually filming the statues, but just noticed when watching the recordings.

Have to agree with some of the youtube comments that the emitted light is actually just camera adjusting to other colors/bright & dark in some of the shots as well. Video artifacts & undesired effects IMO.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
so.... when does it emit light and blink?
i saw a cellphone with what dpi? 72? maybe 120? trying to record and it was trying to balance the light.

if this was legit, i think the crowd would have gasped or youd hear the sound of 50 people simultaneously sh--ing their pants every time the light was "emitted" or the statue blinked. instead, every time the light was emitted the crowd carried on in their banter as it nothing was happening.

shrug.

doesnt seem legit/.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You know, there is just way to much movement, light distortion, pixelation and blurred images with these "cell phones" to say that this is without a doubt legit. It is also really suspicious to me that they would allow "Buddha" to be filmed like this. I just got back from a month long visit to Sri Lanka, which is majorily Buddhist, and I visited many of the sacred temples and most places they won't even let you take pictures of "Buddha" without expressed permission from the head monk and they will almost run you out of the temple if they catch you with your "backside" towards Buddha because it is a sign of disrespect. We climbed Sri Pada (Adam's Peak) and we weren't even allowed to take a picture of his "supposed" footprint that they had encased in glass and jewels. And Buddha is so revered that they have a statue of him on every street so that you can pay him homage no matter where you are in the country. And I am not joking, I have over 1000 pictures of the streets of Colombo and Kandy and I do mean he is on every street lol. So it's just suspicious to me that they would allow pictures, cameras inside the temples for him to be filmed and photographed. But hey I guess different countries have different rules on that sort of thing. But if it turns out "legit", I say it's something other than "Divine" as I am a Believer in Christ Jesus.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If you are a God.....having superpowers and such.....would you use them to make a statue move and emit light in some lame manner? If so, I'd say your god status should be revoked. At least try to make us believe....
edit on 4/2/2011 by milano because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

The rules do vary with regard to Photographs - I have video and stills of inside a temple in Hong Kong.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
Really? You can't tell this is due to the camera? How come there is no excitement in the crowd?

To me asking why no one is excited in the crowd is like asking, "Why didn't anyone take out their cameras and record anything?"

top topics

join