It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Black Men Now in Prison System than Were Enslaved

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

My favorite part and I don't understand how to take this lady serious when this is right there for us to read...

“Most of that increase is due to the War on Drugs, a war waged almost exclusively in poor communities of color,” she said, even though studies have shown that whites use and sell illegal drugs at rates equal to or above blacks."

So she is going to claim its because they are black and then connect it to the "War on Drugs" (different topic of debate but its a farce of a 'war') while claiming it is waged 'almost' exclusively on poor communities of color but studies show everyone is caught up in that ridiculous fight....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

That doesn't surprise me, I remember hearing that 1 in 5 black men are in jail at any given moment.

That's very believable considering one in four Americans (of all ethnicities) have a criminal record. We (America) also have more people in prison than any other nation, including China. That is not a per capita statistic. The fact that we throw people in prison for things like debt, drugs, or any other non-violent crime is the same reason we have more poor (read "black" by many) people in jail. It's stupidity and an intentional means of keeping particular demographics poor and unable to succeed.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

*snip*, even though studies have shown that whites use and sell illegal drugs at rates equal to or above blacks."*snip*

But they aren't targeted or often arrested for it. How many ritzy nightclubs do you see getting raided on the news for big coke busts? Not very often and, if they are, they make a movie about it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
1 out of 5 is truly horrible, but generally, color aside, the US are the world's leading country regarding the number of prisoners in relation to its population

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join