It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite in Orbit Around Saturn -"Transmitting the Universal Genetic Code"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
My fiance mentioned yesterday he came across this, i went to check it out and found nothing here on ATS.
I am wondering why it is not mentioned....is this just a hoax???

www.dailygalaxy.com... p&+Beyond%29&

I am new to ATS even though i been a member for a while, so if i posted this link wrong...i am sorry.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I started a thead about this and they put it in the hoax threads here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
reply to post by dizzie_lizzie79

You sure this isn't a April Fools prank? Look at the date of the article.

link   
Yesterdays Hoax.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
And all the comments at the bottom. April fools.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
April 1's. Hahahaha you got my hopes up thought

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Great post. Great story. I was pulled in. Sorry to hear that it was 1 April. I hate April fools day.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

He came across it yesterday. Think about it for a moment. Any 'news' coming out on April 1st should be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

well, i don't get to get on here much and research stuff, so i thought i would ask..thanks

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie_lizzie79

well, i don't get to get on here much and research stuff, so i thought i would ask..thanks

You asked. You didn't state as fact then fight like a wildcat with anyone who disagreed with you.

Well done. We need more people like you on this forum.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Even if it wasn't a hoax it wouldn't make any sense , why would a satellite in orbit around Saturn be transmitting a genetic code , it would be completely pointless

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Even though this is a hoax, one thing that caught my attention, that I didn't know already is that they mention the number 64 as being the number of combinations of the four nucleotides...and that 64 also happens to be the number of hexagram sequences in the Iching. (which also has numerical connections to the Mayan calender, i.e. "Time Wave Zero")

Similarly, all combinations of a two-base code -for example, AA, AU, AG, AC, etc.- will provide for only sixteen amino acids (4 2 ). However, blocks of three RNA bases allow sixty-four (4 3 ) combinations of the four nucleotides, which is more than enough combinations to correspond to the twenty distinct amino acids. So, the genetic code must use blocks of at least three RNA bases to specify each amino acid.

So it's interesting that there's certain numbers that for some reason tend to "pop" up a lot in science, mythology, human history, etc. I just thought that was interesting and wanted to share.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

thanks....but now i feel like an a*s for asking, guess thats what i get....can't we remove dumb postings like this...lol

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
stupid hoaxs

new topics

top topics

join