It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Why is it that the most popular threads on ATS are the ones that are quoting an MSM story in one form or another?
I realize that sensationalism sells but its also a useful distraction, a distraction that keeps the citizens of major players in the world, thinking about something else, instead of the woes of their own country.

I know that some people come here to get the current "breaking news" stories before they become mainstream but its those stories that get most of the attention.
This falls right in line with the tactics that the MSM seem to use, meaning, keep the citizenry distracted with this while something else is going on.

When the media stopped reporting on the gulf spill, nobody cares anymore, when the media stopped reporting on the HUGE disaster in Japan, nobody cares anymore.
Its like they were swept under the rug, both of these should STILL be in the spotlight, especially the Nuclear issue in Japan, it doesnt only affect Japan but the entire world, yet the media downplays it.

When theyre not distracted by American Idol, or whatever Celeb is currently in breakdown mode, Americans want to know what country were invading next and from where they can download the war videos from.

Such a shame, the site used to be an "alternative news source" but it seems to become just an extension or regurgitation of what we read on Fox.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
when the media stopped reporting on the HUGE disaster in Japan, nobody cares anymore.
Its like they were swept under the rug, both of these should STILL be in the spotlight, especially the Nuclear issue in Japan, it doesnt only affect Japan but the entire world, yet the media downplays it.

The media maybe downplays it ..but not ATS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I am familiar with the "crisis in Japan" section but after the initial hype went away and the new story of the week emerged, (Libya) all thats left is a select few posters updating and chatting back and forth.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

There are stories about the Japan crisis everyday that i see and read. It hasn't gone away at all, to me at least. I do agree the Gulf spill has pretty much disappeared off the headlines. People have a limited attention span. Same thing happened with Iraq, Afghanistan, Katrina.

Old news doesn't pull in ratings or sell copies, that's the main thing.

top topics

join