It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policeman killed in Northern Ireland car bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Policeman called in NA car bomb

www.bbc.co.uk

A 25 year old police officer is called after a car bomb explodes under his car in County Tyrone. He is the second Policeman to be killed in the last ten years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2-4-2011 by ufoorbhunter because: Spelling

edit on 2-4-2011 by ufoorbhunter because: I spelled killed mistakenly called in the title: Can Mod sort it?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Bomb in Northern Ireland. This is quite timely considering the British attacks on Libya. Libya supplies the Republicans in Northern Ireland with weaponry. Britain bombs Libya, now bomb attacks on Britain itself, is this Gaddafi getting on the phone to his buyers in Ireland to let off a few bombs in response to Britains attacks on his country? The timing is a bit strange to say the least, if Gadaffi wanted to hit back at the British for bombing his forces then this would be the easiest way to do the same to the British.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-4-2011 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thats the price he paid for joining the police force as a Catholic.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
"bomb attack on britain itself"????? wtf britain didnt get bombed. a 25 year old irish catholic got blew up by an under-car boobytrap bomb. it has no link to libya - no one rang anyone, it was just a cowardly attack on a young man trying to do a job that a certain minority in this island deem "unacceptable to do.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Posted a thread about this earlier.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have been offline for few hours though, I didn't realise he had died. Very sad.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

it dosent matter if he was raised a #ing jedi they just want to kill the uniform not the religion of the person wearing it...shame on you.....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What I find interesting is people like to talk a good game about 'moving on' and 'that's in the past.' But the residue from the Troubles is still very much there, and sectarian attitudes are as common now, as they were when I was a kid. Northern Ireland is still a very negative place in many ways.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
What I find interesting is people like to talk a good game about 'moving on' and 'that's in the past.' But the residue from the Troubles is still very much there, and sectarian attitudes are as common now, as they were when I was a kid. Northern Ireland is still a very negative place in many ways.

i second that BRL, i look forward to leaving this island one day soon.
ironically ire means intense anger; wrath so whoever named ireland wasnt kidding

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

I never knew that, very fitting indeed!

There's an old quote but I can't remember who it's by. Might be Brian Friel.

"I celebrated the love of my native land in the traditional Irish way. By getting out of it as quickly as possible."

top topics

join