It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California rainwater 181 times above drinking water standards for radioactive iodine-131

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Californians are so full of preservatives and artificial stuff including botox, cosmetic surgery and drugs that I think the radiation could increase 1000x before it's going to affect them worse than the junk what they willingly stuff or inject in themselves anyway.

Couldn't resist.. it's such a plastic state in such a plastic country.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well not all Californians are plastic characterizations of themselves. Thats just silly to label a whole state from what you see on TMZ or the MSM. There are quite a few of us who care about our health and well being as well as caring of others and the future of our planet.
I know it's easy to make jokes but this does need serious consideration... and is still a THREAT in my book. There should be constant minute by minute reporting on this till it not an issue any longer.
MSM are now saying it may take MONTHS to contain it and YEARS to clean it up.
Sure, we get hit with radiation all the time and the levels are increasing... but from what I've always understood, it's the LONG TERM EXPOSURE and INGESTION OF PARTICLES that causes the real issues.
It may take MONTHS to just contain the leak(s). So were talking exposure over what I would call quite a period of time.
wallstreetpit.com...

Dead people can't complain or cause trouble or waste precious resources... Hope my gut feeling is just me feeling hungry.
I think i will have a cold glass of milk.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

In California once outside of the major cities you don't find hardly as many "plastic" people. In fact the west coast is much more about organic food and locally stuff than here in the East. The amount of health food stores and herb shops (not just the smokable ones
) and more people use them. Hell if you go to the food bank or church give aways for food you get Trader Joe's and other great OG brands there too. California is far from the plastic state.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
I'd prefer to not have "Death by a thousand cuts".

Nah it'll just be 1 cut, clean off with your head, arent you aware of how to kill zombies?

Monsanto probably has a seed that will grow in these conditions, dont worry. Obamacare is there for those that cant afford their medical bills from big pharma. For you Canadians, the Harper government will be training 10,000 new doctors to assist with that 5 million patient gap through tax exemptions.

Wasn't H1N1 slated to get bad again in spring time? This year's been awesome so far, can't wait to see whats in store next....

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SammyB
reply to post by dragonseeker

Half the people I know have been sick for the last week and a half. The only thing that has helped is by increasing iodine rich foods and taking wheat grass juice daily. My son called last night from Hawaii where he is on his honeymoon. They are both extremely ill and he says he has never felt so strange in his life. The frightened, or the disinfo members will play this all down but trust yourself.

sorry to hear that re: your son and your other friends that are sick. I went to whole foods just today and started taking spirulina(algae, basically) because of it's effect on helping the body essentially flush out radiation as I posted earlier. chlorella has a similar effect but I'm going with just spirulina for now. I knew almost immediately that we had a radiation problem here; my "intuition" has been screaming red alert for at least a week over this.

My intuition is never wrong.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
being on the west coast should i be thinking anything in particular?

heh

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The EPA's RadNet is a scam. It is poorly maintained and the data is suspect.

pstuph.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

I don't live in the U.S.A but we have imported produce from California here like Oranges, lettuce etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
There is no way to know what numbers are real and what numbers are bogus. EPA's RadNet is a sham and does not work:

pstuph.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I was exposed to rain in Europe, Vienna yesterday.
Do you think that it carries that radioactive iodine- 131?
There was no info on the news, but going through threads on this site I came to conclusion that I shouldnt spend too much time on the rain these days..

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
eh whatever, im not gonna go to panic mode . I live in California and i rather not turn into an parnoid nut. If i die, I die. But at least i was happy and not worried 247. thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

Originally posted by bastet11
I live in Southern CA and for the last week have been feeling sick. My throat hurts, yet I am running no fever. I have a persistent cough and discovered these weird bruises that keep showing up..they are about fingerprint size. I began to notice it after I got caught out in the drizzle last week.
I am most concerned for my children. It is supposed to rain here this weekend and I will keep them inside. I have them on ricemilk now rather than dairy milk but even that is processed with water so what do I do?

We take a lot of vitamins and supplements so hopefully that will help at least a little. We all take kelp as well.

Starting to think about leaving the state..

My family has been VERY sick since the day the radiation was due to pass through our area.

As an example of the strangeness that has been going on with it, my severely autistic son (9 years old) has had the runs and vomiting, and when we took him to the emergency room over it, the only thing they could do was prescribe the anti-nausea medication that they give for those undergoing chemotherapy and radiation sickness.

How strange is THAT, hmm?

The ER doctor said that there have been a LOT of people coming in with the same issues, and they have no idea what is causing it.

So far, 3 of our family have had to endure this. All of them started exhibiting the symptoms after being outside for a period of time. I have not had it, myself, since I am blind and am self employed at home, and rarely go outside.

Are we exhibiting the effects of radiation exposure? I don't know for sure, but it sure as gobsmacked is suspected by us all. Between the timing and the symptoms, it sure is suspicious.

Myself and some friends experienced the same thing last week. hmmmmm not sure what to make of it or how long it actually takes or amount/level of exposure to when one might experience radiation sickness.

can anyone here answer this?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by dragonseeker

How ,amy more times does the Earth need to tell us that we are going the wrong way??????

No more Nuclear Power Plants!!!!!!!!!!!!

only when the real effects of this disaster begin to occur globally and humans see the horrors of Nuke Terrorism and resulting retaliation (coming Nuke Conflict beginning with IRAN), will survivors of future generations outlaw and begin to terminate its nuclear tech.

Sadly it may take a "dose" of mankinds Evil and the death of BILLIONS of this generation, to save the planet and BILLIONS of future generations.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join