It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California rainwater 181 times above drinking water standards for radioactive iodine-131

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamesdouble07
Been watching this site hourly for weeks:www.radiationnetwork.com...

NEVER before have the readings been this high, consistently with NO spikes in Southern California

Geiger counters don't detect plutonium..

www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I use the water filter machines at local stores. I think it's a 3-4 step process. charcoal, reverse osmosis, ultra violet, etc. About .25 a gallon. Don't know what else to do. Yes, it uses the municipal water system. I fill 3, 5 gallon containers at a time.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I am finding most places are either coping each others info or they are totaly different until you don't know what the heck..anyway if this is right at least I can understand it in terms of
www.radiationnetwork.com...

Days compared with the avg. annual human exposure (U.S.)
207 (at 100 CPM)
42 (at 500 CPM)
14 (at 1,500 CPM)
2 (at 10,000 CPM)

Days to receive dose for increase cancer risk of 1 in a 1,000
432 (at 100 CPM)
86 (at 500 CPM)
28 (at 1,500 CPM)
4 (at 10,000 CPM)

Days for earliest onset of radiation sickness
25,937 (at 100 CPM)
5,187 (at 500 CPM)
1,729 (at 1,500 CPM)
259 (at 10,000 CPM)

source
modernsurvivalblog.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Inkrinhuminge

I believe this post is based upon information not being available. Since when do people on ATS rely on MSM? Information even from Japan has contradicted itself, too many times. The point is, we need alternate information. Our government, as well as corporations (TEPCO) don't tell us the truth. I hope I don't need to explain why. I respect and appreciate the people from ATS that help me scour the Internet for information. I'll decide whether or not to believe it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Does anyone in California have a legitimate Geiger counter? Take readings and see how accurate the information is?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is very disturbing, especially that the Government isn't doing anything to help out...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Dont know the source but i herd that the extreme levels of radiation are due to the nuclear bombs that were detonated under the sea, causing the tidal wave. The nuclear plant sabotage is just to explain away the radiation.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamesdouble07
Been watching this site hourly for weeks:www.radiationnetwork.com...

NEVER before have the readings been this high, consistently with NO spikes in Southern California

I've been checking that site as well. For some reason right now it's not giving any readings.

I've also been checking this site, and the readings right now are low:

www.blackcatsystems.com...

One final site. This is a ustreaming live shot of a RadAlert Inspector Nuclear Radiation Monitor in EnviroReporter.com‘s Santa Monica office on the West Los Angeles border.

www.enviroreporter.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Some folks say, eh don't worry it's just a small dose. Which may be true, but what happens when you are exposed to a "small dose" for 30 years or the rest of your life? Every particle of ionizing radiation has a chance to cause the DNA in one of your cells to mutate, which can then create more mutated cells when it divides, aka cancer.

Sorry, but I don't want even a "small dose". I don't want to roll the dice and just hope that my body can repair the constant barrage of damage. I don't care if it is low dose, I do not want a single particle of radiation destroying my cells if I can avoid it. Yes, I do realize that we are all exposed to some natural radiation our whole lives, and also willingly submit to things like dental Xrays and airport body scans (which are non-ionizing).

I'd prefer to not have "Death by a thousand cuts".

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inkrinhuminge

Originally posted by sliceNodice
181 times above drinking water standards?
So what? Please, explain to me why I should worry, but without the first reaction logic. I want some hard medical advice here, as in academic quality sources from medical journals.

Finallyl, someone trying to inject some reason into this argument. Radiation levels have to be thousands of times above "normal" to start being hazardous/ I don't know what the figure is, and I don't care. Till someone posts otherwise, radiation must reach 10 000 times "normal" to start being hazardous to life. Please someone find out if you are concerned,, maybe it is 100 000 times "normal. But 181? cmon. Someone who is bothered, plz do research...

FOOLISH

Have you bothered to notice that the SUN, which is a universal constant, causes skin cancer with a 1:1 ratio.
Cancer starts with 1 mutated cell with mitochondria damage is all it takes out of 50 Trillion to 75 Trillion cells in the human body...you stack those odds by a 180 times...

YA

plz do some research

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If anything, this might wake up more Americans. Over the years some of us have been radiated and not even know!(see below) What we can possibly is prevent living to close to hometown nuclear plants, or other contaminated areas and of course try to "hide" from the heavily hit fallout areas.
That's all we can do right? If we can even do that at the moment...
Sure, it's a "small dose" but it builds up and stays with you. It will bother people less who have not/do not live near contaminated sources. As well, as some say(don't smoke) or those who have not had a lot of XRays(or work with them).
Here's a quote from the ongoing "Tooth Fairy Project"...as an example of local American radiation cases...

Miami, Florida - A South Florida Baby Teeth and Cancer Case Study, that was officially released today, finds that infants and children are especially vulnerable to cancer caused by federally-permitted radiation releases from nuclear reactors, such as the Turkey Point and St. Lucie nuclear power plants, located in southeast Florida.

Source:www.radiation.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarLightStarBright2
I wonder if reverse osmosis filtered water gets rid of it?...This is only gonna get worse because Japan is getting worse and they do not have the problem under control.......I feel so sad for the people in Japan.

Something we all can do now is eat healthy, fruits, veggies and take supplements that can strengthen our immune systems....We need all the help we can get.

We just installed a 5 stage Reverse Osmosis system this past Friday and I do have a copy of what it filters and what it does not. From what I have read on the net and our owners manual it will filter some real nasty stuff including bacteria when there is a "boil your water" order in place.
But the problem is that these filters become contaminated very quickly when used for adverse conditions so you end up with a contaminated system anyways.
But if anyone here wants the info just U2 me with your email and I can send pics of our manual parts that state what it does and does not do.
There will be about 5 or so pictures of the installation also and I apologize for that but I cannot separate the manual from the installation pictures.
Also in the pictures the ruler I am holding up is 12 inches.
Not to derail this thread but, I will tell you our water now is "lip smacking good" and odour free all the way.
No more Fluoride,copper,aluminum, and so on and so on.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimalkin
Don't panic. If you lived in the '50s and '60s you were radiated many, many times more than what has been found in California. All those atmospheric tests of the '60s raised the radiation level world-wide way above what the levels are now on the west coast. I know of nobody who has had any problems. If there was any danger, millions of people would be affected now. I'm 62 and my friends and myself are just fine. Incidentally, my father was a nuclear veteran who was at both Anawetok, and Bikini where they blew up the big one, and he lived to be 86 with no cancer or any other problems brought on by radiation. Don't get me wrong, radiation does us no good, but there's no need to freak-out. If you want to have a good freak-out, consider our armed forces who are fighting on three fronts and coming back dead or wounded. Also, before you say anything about how America should be in these regions fighting, why haven't you enlisted to fight for what you believe in? Hypocrisy seems to be going around here in the U.S.A.

This statement makes me wonder why here in North America one of the leading causes of death is cancer?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Half the people I know have been sick for the last week and a half. The only thing that has helped is by increasing iodine rich foods and taking wheat grass juice daily. My son called last night from Hawaii where he is on his honeymoon. They are both extremely ill and he says he has never felt so strange in his life. The frightened, or the disinfo members will play this all down but trust yourself.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

How ,amy more times does the Earth need to tell us that we are going the wrong way??????

No more Nuclear Power Plants!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I hate to say that but dont ya all have enough these BS...

Its time to go protest...Americansssss.... destroy the EVIL control freaks governors whom plan the depopulation...

Create your own destiny... start your new government...NO MORE WAR!!!

Just joking
cross my fingers

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
California registered 700 counts per minute of Beta Radiation in February.

Why? The massive solar flare that hit Earth on the 17th. There were two smaller ones right before that big one.

California recorded 700 COUNTS PER MINUTE of Beta Radiation in February....from the sun.

www.epa.gov/japan2011/rert/radnet-losangeles-bg.html

You can put a charcoal filter on your water to catch that iodine-131......California couldn't do SQUAT to stop the sun from blasting it with Cosmic Rays in February giving them all that Beta Radiation.

Is God punishing California? Why did only them receive that Solar Flare Cosmic Radiation? Wrong place/wrong time....or is God really punishing California?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Number of deaths for leading causes of death

Heart disease: 616,067
Cancer: 562,875
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 135,952
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 127,924
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 123,706
Alzheimer's disease: 74,632
Diabetes: 71,382
Influenza and Pneumonia: 52,717
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 46,448
Septicemia: 34,828
Center For Disease Control stats. Cancer rates are actually falling in the U.S. The demographics for widespread radiation caused cancer just isn't there. One has a far greater risk of cancer from tobacco and obesity than from what people are fearing in the rain. I just remembered a song on the radio from the early 1960s that was anti-nuke by a some folk singers: "What Have They Done to the Rain?" Maybe somebody should cover it now, with all the fear, it would probably be a big hit.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimalkin

Those are the current numbers...

Things like nuclear meltdowns can change them very quickly.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimalkin
reply to post by Iwinder

Number of deaths for leading causes of death

Heart disease: 616,067
Cancer: 562,875
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 135,952
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 127,924
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 123,706
Alzheimer's disease: 74,632
Diabetes: 71,382
Influenza and Pneumonia: 52,717
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 46,448
Septicemia: 34,828
Center For Disease Control stats. Cancer rates are actually falling in the U.S. The demographics for widespread radiation caused cancer just isn't there. One has a far greater risk of cancer from tobacco and obesity than from what people are fearing in the rain. I just remembered a song on the radio from the early 1960s that was anti-nuke by a some folk singers: "What Have They Done to the Rain?" Maybe somebody should cover it now, with all the fear, it would probably be a big hit.

Thanks for the stats there, maybe the rates of Cancer are dropping because it has been 50 to 60 years since they really went wild with the atom bomb tests.
Still, it backs up my point that cancer is one hell of a killer, second highest according to your stats which I won't question.
Thanks for the info,
Regards Iwinder
edit on 3-4-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join