It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California rainwater 181 times above drinking water standards for radioactive iodine-131

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

Keep in mind the radiation is only showing up where precipitation is occurring , There is still lots up there hanging over our heads waiting to fall. You'll be eating it soon enough!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I live in Southern CA and for the last week have been feeling sick. My throat hurts, yet I am running no fever. I have a persistent cough and discovered these weird bruises that keep showing up..they are about fingerprint size. I began to notice it after I got caught out in the drizzle last week.
I am most concerned for my children. It is supposed to rain here this weekend and I will keep them inside. I have them on ricemilk now rather than dairy milk but even that is processed with water so what do I do?

We take a lot of vitamins and supplements so hopefully that will help at least a little. We all take kelp as well.

Starting to think about leaving the state..

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I knew this fallout would be much worse then what is being said or was said (havnt heard anything much about it on the msm). This should be the headline news still not the Libya conflict!!!

Nuclear Power is/was the right way to go (i heard people say).... yeh right.... what they didn't figure though was something like this disaster occuring!!!!!!!!

I'm in the UK and the radiation has reached some parts here too....

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Inkrinhuminge

Just thought id let you know my friends work at a nuclear plant and even if minuscule amounts are detected the offending item is discarded if it cant be decontaminated..Example boots tested vacuum off radiation test again fail new boots etc...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
do we pay debt to our bad nuclear karma, I wander?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Note to self: Avoid California produce, food and beverage products from the area

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

Where are you getting this info from where is the link to it .You shouldn't post this stuff without some kind of info to back it up . Sounds like crap to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Makes me wanna vomit. Why can't they just be up front about dangers to the well being of their citizens. Plain and simple....they don't care

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by amp1214
Note to self: Avoid California produce, food and beverage products from the area

That may be impossible to to do...most of the produce in the country is grown in California

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

I was thinking of moving back to the east coast, but massachusettes rainwater is affected too, so, the entire country, maybe the entire northern hemisphere, has some exposure. how much is anyone's guess, since we are being intentionally kept in the dark.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by galacticgirl

you say she is retarded. there is no "fixing" radiation. it just *is* and it will be until it decays. the sheeple are so tied up with reality tv, fox mews and cnn they have no idea what is going on. regardless of the radiation, we are #ed.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157

Originally posted by amp1214

That may be impossible to to do...most of the produce in the country is grown in California

just wait. inflationary prices for food was already setting in, now we have a major portion of our food supply contaminated and inedible. food is about to get VERY expensive.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hey guys, can anyone tell us if there is a way to filter the radiation out of water? If so how is the best way to do it? Thanks

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
I live in Southern CA and for the last week have been feeling sick. My throat hurts, yet I am running no fever. I have a persistent cough and discovered these weird bruises that keep showing up..they are about fingerprint size. I began to notice it after I got caught out in the drizzle last week.
I am most concerned for my children. It is supposed to rain here this weekend and I will keep them inside. I have them on ricemilk now rather than dairy milk but even that is processed with water so what do I do?

We take a lot of vitamins and supplements so hopefully that will help at least a little. We all take kelp as well.

My family has been VERY sick since the day the radiation was due to pass through our area.

As an example of the strangeness that has been going on with it, my severely autistic son (9 years old) has had the runs and vomiting, and when we took him to the emergency room over it, the only thing they could do was prescribe the anti-nausea medication that they give for those undergoing chemotherapy and radiation sickness.

How strange is THAT, hmm?

The ER doctor said that there have been a LOT of people coming in with the same issues, and they have no idea what is causing it.

So far, 3 of our family have had to endure this. All of them started exhibiting the symptoms after being outside for a period of time. I have not had it, myself, since I am blind and am self employed at home, and rarely go outside.

Are we exhibiting the effects of radiation exposure? I don't know for sure, but it sure as gobsmacked is suspected by us all. Between the timing and the symptoms, it sure is suspicious.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69
Hey guys, can anyone tell us if there is a way to filter the radiation out of water? If so how is the best way to do it? Thanks

Berkley water filters, but good luck getting one.

Back ordered for months.

Let this be a warning to all, you never know what is going to happen, BE PREPARED

Start prepping now people!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

Originally posted by bastet11

My family has been VERY sick since the day the radiation was due to pass through our area.

As an example of the strangeness that has been going on with it, my severely autistic son (9 years old) has had the runs and vomiting, and when we took him to the emergency room over it, the only thing they could do was prescribe the anti-nausea medication that they give for those undergoing chemotherapy and radiation sickness.

How strange is THAT, hmm?

The ER doctor said that there have been a LOT of people coming in with the same issues, and they have no idea what is causing it.

So far, 3 of our family have had to endure this. All of them started exhibiting the symptoms after being outside for a period of time. I have not had it, myself, since I am blind and am self employed at home, and rarely go outside.

Are we exhibiting the effects of radiation exposure? I don't know for sure, but it sure as gobsmacked is suspected by us all. Between the timing and the symptoms, it sure is suspicious.

That is quite scary. I've had no nausea, but did have a case of the runs last week, out of the blue. I don't think there's any doubt we are getting exposed. I'll say this: the US Gov., time and again, fails to protect it's citizens, so much so that I'm really wondering if it's intentional(9/11 aside, we KNOW that was intentional). I don't need to be a nuclear physicist to see that 3 full meltdowns, which is what's happening, is enough to expose a good portion of the entire planet to enough ionizing radiation that it will shorten life spans. That's 3 chernobyl's in one event, folks. 3. and all the governments and media talking heads keep patting us on the heads and treating us like we're stupid. I can guarantee you that everyone in range of this thing, and "in the know" is taking every precaution, while telling us not to worry. WORRY. WORRY A LOT.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Don't panic. If you lived in the '50s and '60s you were radiated many, many times more than what has been found in California. All those atmospheric tests of the '60s raised the radiation level world-wide way above what the levels are now on the west coast. I know of nobody who has had any problems. If there was any danger, millions of people would be affected now. I'm 62 and my friends and myself are just fine. Incidentally, my father was a nuclear veteran who was at both Anawetok, and Bikini where they blew up the big one, and he lived to be 86 with no cancer or any other problems brought on by radiation. Don't get me wrong, radiation does us no good, but there's no need to freak-out. If you want to have a good freak-out, consider our armed forces who are fighting on three fronts and coming back dead or wounded. Also, before you say anything about how America should be in these regions fighting, why haven't you enlisted to fight for what you believe in? Hypocrisy seems to be going around here in the U.S.A.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
So this means, that I should not drink water or milk?

Beer it is.

Wait...There is water in beer, right?

Vodka it is.

But beer is OK too, apparently!! That is what I`m sticking to!!!

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

But what makes me wonder...is that, if you get warnings about radiations in CA, why do they still tell us that we are OK here in Tokyo??

But at this point, for someone living in Tokyo...what can one do?? Probably got all the radiations already anyway, from this invisible killer... So, all there is to do is to keep drinking beer, as this article says, and hope for the best!!!!
edit on 3-4-2011 by Sarahko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

You know, if you actually follow the supposed sources, it turns out that the rain was from Pennsylvania, I cannot honestly find anything about California rain.

standardspeaker.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Been watching this site hourly for weeks:www.radiationnetwork.com...

NEVER before have the readings been this high, consistently with NO spikes in Southern California

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join