It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California rainwater 181 times above drinking water standards for radioactive iodine-131

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Radiation from Japan rained on Berkeley during recent storms at levels that exceeded drinking water standards by 181 times and has been detected in multiple milk samples, but the U.S. government has still not published any official data on nuclear fallout here from the Fukushima disaster.

Dangers from radiation that is wafting over the United States from the Fukushima power plant disaster and falling with rain have been downplayed by government officials and others, who say its impacts are so fleeting and minor as to be negligible.

Three weeks after the Fukushima nuclear power plant began spewing radiation into the world’s air, the U.S. government still has not revealed the amount of iodine-131 or other radioactive elements that have fallen as precipitation or made their way into milk supplies or drinking water.

Click here to read the article.

It's not a suprise really. They are too busy trying to increase the acceptable levels of radiation exposure 1000 fold (Link) to notice that the levels are slowly increasing from the fallout. The MSM is still ignoring the issue, and I'm afraid will continue to do so until it's a real problem.
edit on 2-4-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
They're scaredy-cats.
Don't want to deal with the panic.

Thing is, if they don't deal with that...they're going to have to deal with much more..like deaths.

The radiation may be small now..but it BUILDS UP. You can't live without drinking water. You drink more and more, radiation levels inside your body will increase.
edit on 2-4-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i personally think our governments don't care! this is just part of the population reduction they need to fulfill

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

But dead people can't do anything about them.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
As a resident of California this really hits closer to home then ever before. If only there were measures installed to prevent this from happening but then again information is always distorted and hardly reveals the true dangers that happen most of the time.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So this means, that I should not drink water or milk?

Beer it is.

Wait...There is water in beer, right?

Vodka it is.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

edit on 2-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: redundant info

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Vodka clean, can't have any ice.

This is sketchy news though, I live in Vancouver, Canada and obviously what ever is affecting california is effecting BC. I keep posting this stuff on my facebook, and people keep arguing, well don't use a microwave its the same thing. Its pretty frustrating.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think things are still ok at the moment everywhere but Japan, but it's definitely time to start having this conversation. We need to start demanding the brutal truth. So how do we go about doing that? Writing letters to our officials won't achieve anything fast enough so what do we do?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
S&F. Linked in the article you linked is this:

"The tests that detected the radioactive material were conducted by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and by nuclear power plant operators in Pennsylvania. Test results for California have not yet been released, so it's impossible to assess the exact dangers here. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency plans to publish those results within the next day or so, according to Mike Bandrowski, chief of indoor air and radiation for the EPA's Region 9, which includes California."

We want to watch this very closely. What a scattered and half baked approach our state and national regulatory "leaders" are taking. It's an outrage we are not getting daily national updates from at least one said official who is willing to show his/her face. Accountability now!
edit on 2-4-2011 by ChrisCrikey because: edited for clarity

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I am thinking they are going to try and make it rain...a lot between Japan and the USA but in so doing they are also making it rain on the coast of CA where i live to clear the radiation from the air so that our main food supplies such as fruit and grain grown inland will be safer...clearly there are high currents that take some of the radiation over us and drop it further inland but Wash and alaska where my sister lives on the coast have radiation in the milk already.
The cows ate the grass and look how fast the radiation was in the milk. we will take the biggest hit along the coasts if i am right about the artifical rain.

My sisters husband is with the EPA in sac ca..I asked her for info, she wrote back about spring bulbs...soooo ?
edit on 2-4-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well when your talking about ingesting radiation it's not safe on any level let me explain. The half life of even Iodine-131 is 8 days so after 8 days there is half as much there so on and so forth (it takes up to a month or more to all be gone). Now with some of the other particles it could be much much longer 30yrs to 24,000,000yrs. All fine and dandy (not really but for the sake of my point it is) because it's external just like the plane flights and x-rays they compare it to. However what happens when it's inside you is you take the full force nonstop until it's gone so think from a month or 2 all the way to 30-24M years basically forever as far as our lifespans are concerned. This is how they spin it to make it seem not that bad...but it is cause it's not something that stops or has a switch and if it's in you then it is emitting directly on to your organs. Get ready for sky high cancer rates!

Isn't it ironic that the state with the harshest cancer prevention laws is gonna have the highest rates now?

ETA: It's also kinda obvious how much they want this with the new cuts and stuff in the healthcare/medicade area. Now you will have to have lots of money to get treated and I'm sure more will follow. So yea I guess go grab the brewski cause we are F@*&ED
edit on 2-4-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
welcome to NWO de-population
nothing we can do to prevent it

so sit back, grab a brewsky
and watch the show.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

By the way Vodka's made with water too

I guess your best bet is the stuff made in France since the radiation would have to travel all the way around the world to get there and if it does it should be pretty weak/diluted by then good luck avoiding it though...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I live in Northern California, and the local news finally (April 2) has a story about the danger of fallout:

Officials: No radiation danger to U.S.

Too bad the story is from the 17th.
This is frustrating.

edit on 2-4-2011 by hoppy because: added a word

edit on 2-4-2011 by hoppy because: removed the word I added

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Oh!

Good find Virt, thanks for the info.

S+F

More flags.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Virt. your such a liar...

our government would NEVER lie to us

nothing to see here, go back to sleep people...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
IMy sisters husband is with the EPA in sac ca..I asked her for info, she wrote back about spring bulbs...soooo ?

I tried talking to my sister about this last night - she's in an area that is getting more precipitated radiation than I am. She thinks I'm an alarmist to even be worried about this. She said "don't worry . . they'll fix it soon". What do you say after that??

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yeah, on one hand it's scary.

On the other hand, and really, i'm about to sound like the people who I try and wake up to alot of topics..."What can you do?"

Sure, radiation levels in California water will go up. What are you going to do about it? Are you going to import your water from another state? Are you going to stop drinking water? Are you going to leave the state?

The answer for 95% of people, even here where we are informed, is no. We can bitch about it, but we can't really do anything about it, much like the Japanese. It is what it is, forced/preconditioned depopulation or not, nothing we can do.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by galacticgirl

Originally posted by Char-Lee
IMy sisters husband is with the EPA in sac ca..I asked her for info, she wrote back about spring bulbs...soooo ?

I tried talking to my sister about this last night - she's in an area that is getting more precipitated radiation than I am. She thinks I'm an alarmist to even be worried about this. She said "don't worry . . they'll fix it soon". What do you say after that??

We have had the exact same response from the majority of acquaintance's and family ! Ostrich syndrome I think.

Even if there were some way for THEY to fix something like this, which I don't think we have an air, plant and water scrubber for the planet, if they were going to lose something they want in the process THEY would let us fry. imo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join